Efficiency and organization at it's best. Thanks Spence and Derek!!
Thank you Paul ... you already know intent is for an experience and a journey to be as exciting and excellent as the Event itself ... :Woohoo:

YYSSW Spence
... it is to help reassure our Navigators' that we know that they matter too
as the menu has a lot of selection for "food that our food eats..." :angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Some of you guys Jeff,whoever chooses too will maybe come back through Montana and GNP and we’ll have a nice “everyone included” supper on the shores of Flathead Lake. I might be down there when some of you are making your way back.

what is the usa route coming home to alberta after the meet in the middle fiasco

Jeff
I am considering to set up a two night USA stop journey back
(so that the 2-day 48hrs $800 & Booze Customs thing will be allowed).
Sunday night stop in Williston North Dakota and Supper at Famous Dave's BBQ Ribs (supper can come on a garbage can lid at this place)
Monday night stop in Whitefish at Grouse Mountain Lodge (costly but it is mid-price ranged in Whitefish this time of year) after driving the 80km Glacier Park Ride-to-the-Sun.
(I will be checking optional Kalispell accommodation pricing too)
Might be able to meet up with Mikeysz06 here (if in Kalispell) for the Tuesday trip heading North in the Mountains to Radium & Banff toward home ...
(Cold Lake Air Show ... the following weekend)

I was just waiting to set this up after I know the Journey to the Meet-in-the-Middle was fully established
and therefore not making it anything added to Derek's "to-do's" or "needs to know abouts"
As of yesterday ... this is now on my list for the weekend ...
You are interested ???

I am considering to set up a two night USA stop journey back
(so that the 2-day 48hrs $800 & Booze Customs thing will be allowed).
Sunday night stop in Williston North Dakota and Supper at Famous Dave's BBQ Ribs (supper can come on a garbage can lid at this place)
Monday night stop in Whitefish at Grouse Mountain Lodge (costly but it is mid-price ranged in Whitefish this time of year) after driving the 80km Glacier Park Ride-to-the-Sun.
(I will be checking optional Kalispell accommodation pricing too)
Might be able to meet up with Mikeysz06 here (if in Kalispell) for the Tuesday trip heading North in the Mountains to Radium & Banff toward home ...
(Cold Lake Air Show ... the following weekend)

I was just waiting to set this up after I know the Journey to the Meet-in-the-Middle was fully established
and therefore not making it anything added to Derek's "to-do's" or "needs to know abouts"
As of yesterday ... this is now on my list for the weekend ...
You are interested ???

Sounds like a great detour Spence.

When you have it decided just send me a PM with the details and I will install it on the CZ MITM event for you.

D

would like to see the route, thinking of USA or hiway 16 to visit a friend , but he is not that much of a friend. Jeff

Preliminary .... (not yet for Derek to Post)

Sunday:
Winnipeg south to Grand Forks
Grand Forks Hwy 2 west to Williston overnight

Monday:
Williston Hwy 2 west to Shelby Montana overnight

Tuesday:
Shelby Montana (better priced accommodation)
Going to the Sun Road to Whitefish
North to Radium & Banff
Home (Calgary for me)

does this help you to decide ???

Last edited:
Yes and will look on a map and figure out hotels. Jeff
that's why nothing official yet ... I have two highly rated hotels but I want to phone a few for rates as I 'm playing with USA money and they seem to throw it around like crazy down there with tourists who don't like "motels" & "eats"... o_O ... in week or so I am hoping

Preliminary .... (not yet for Derek to Post)

Sunday:
Winnipeg south to Grand Forks
Grand Forks Hwy 2 west to Williston overnight

Monday:
Williston Hwy 2 west to Glacier Park and Whitefish(Kalispell) overnight

Tuesday:
Whitefish(Kalispell) North to Radium & Banff to home

does this help you to decide ???
You’d go up through Radium and Banff to come back? I’d have to go the Coleman route in order to drop Js van off.

THE LIST of ATTENDEES ...
consistent with other Alberta Cruise Threads this message will be "this list"
of those confirmed on the Calgary MITM Start to Moose Jaw on the Morning of Thursday, July 12th
and most importantly so that nobody is left behind ...
please post in this thread or PM me to let us know you are booked over night -OR- will meet up for our Thursday's Start

1. SN-III - Spence & Freda :)
2. turbozig - Ziggy :)
3. JamesP - James :)

THE PRELIMINARY ITINERARY ...
July 12 Preliminary Itinerary Calgary to Moose Jaw
the following is an idea of rough-timing and plans for a large group
should there be a smaller group on this leg it will be very flexible
(you may note that google maps estimates 6hr & 45mins + our stops) (stop times approx.)
07:00am - SN-III can lead Hotel Corvettes (fueled up) to Start Point to meet up w/ others (fueled up)
07:30am - Start Point Driver's Introduction Meeting - East Hills Costco Parking (to be confirmed)
08:00am - Leave Start Point - East Hwy1a to Chestermere and on to Hwy 1 Eastbound
10:00am - Arrive Brooks - Flying-J Shell V-Power "catch-up, stretch & relief" (fuel opportunity)
10:30am - Depart Brooks Hwy 1 East
12:00pm - Arrive Medicine Hat - Lunch - (either Cheesecake Cafe or Redwood @ MedHatLodge - to be confirmed) (fuel opportunity)
01:30pm - Depart Medicine Hat Hwy 1 East
03:45pm - Arrive Swift Current - Shell V-Power & Husky for "catch-up, stretch & relief" (fuel opportunity)
04:15pm - Depart Swift Current Hwy 1 East
06:15pm - Arrive Medicine Hat for Hotel Check-in
06:30pm - Meet up with Red Deer & Edmonton Groups and Dinner adjacent to Hotel at Boston Pizza (fuel up opportunity following)

July 13 Preliminary Itinerary Moose Jaw to Winnipeg (notes)
start time - to be determined
Depart Moose Jaw
1hr to Regina (collect Regina Corvettes)
Depart Regina
2.5hrs to Moosomin for Lunch
Depart Moosomin
1.5 hrs to Brandon "catch-up, stretch and relief"
Depart Brandon
2.5 hrs to Winnipeg
Have booked for night of the 11th, will be arriving from Qualicum Beach, B.C: 2015 Z06. Jan F. Hansen

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread