Featured Thread
Here is a Lego set. The McLaren 720S.
DSC_4361.jpg

DSC_4362.jpg

Reactions: YFCvii
Here is a Technics Super Car that I built some years ago. It's a big unit at 19 inches long. It has a power pack with an electric motor, and the four-speed shifter changes the modes to electronically extend or retract the wing, open and close each door, and open and close the hood. The wheels turn via a shaft in the hatch, and the pistons move with the rear wheels. It even has a working differential.
DSC_4366.JPG
DSC_4367.JPG

DSC_4369.JPG

DSC_4370.JPG

This is another Technics set. This tow-truck has an opening hood with a V-4 (hopefully diesel) engine with pistons that move with the rear wheels, opening doors, and a functional lift for hooking up another Lego car (not pictured because it doesn't fit in my lightbox), and steerable front wheels. Not quite as big as the previous Super Car unit, but this one is pretty big too.

DSC_4374.JPG

I love all of these big custom bits, too. There was a Lego exhibit in Calgary in 2014 (I think), and I took the boy to it. He was a bit too young to really enjoy it, but he nevertheless marveled at some of the characters he recognized, like Woody & Buzz, and the fantastic Lightning McQueen. Now I need to find that photo album. lol.

Attachments

• LegoShow-2.jpg
    LegoShow-2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 2
  • LegoShow-1.jpg
    LegoShow-1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 2
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.