Yabutt it's better than the alternative!
VanG. Even though we never met I like your style and you have my sincere best wishes.
Have fun and I'm sure you will keep smiling in your Camaro.
Warm regards,
Dick
:Cheers2:
I like your choice of Vette! Thanks for the wishes, smiles are what it is all about. With the LT1 under the hood, the Camaro should allow my right foot to bring some excitement.

I forgot to mention Vanguard2001: I think the Camaro (especially your convertible) qualifies as a "hot car chick magnet" so you'll still be able to attract and pick up gorgeous women with it; keeping you forever young. You can't go wrong! :bsmile: :carbounce: :heartspop:
The hot chicks I am eligible to pick up are on the BBQ rack at our local grocery store. At least that is what I tell my bride of 56 years. :) Those chicks will enjoy the ride home in the 2SS just as much as the Vette. Hey, and the Camaro has a 'back seat' for untold shenanigans.

I am remembering back to my last Camaro. Is it that much easier to get into than the C8? Stick around and let us know how the 2SS compares to your old car!
I don't know your age or physical condition but here is my story. My Vette lady allows me to drop my butt onto her seat and assume the driving position with only a little resistance. If my butt is cold, she warms it up. If my butt is hot (rarely) she turns me off with a cool draft. However, she does not want me to leave! After the seat memory raises the steering and the seat slides all the way back, my beautiful lady says, please don't leave me. Swinging both legs through the door opening and planting them on the ground causes frowns and curses. Then, to add insult, I have to stand up! If only I could spend all day in the seat, driving life would be fine. Arthritis is a mean mistress.

I tried the Camaro and found it had much less resistance to releasing my body. That said it is not as easy as climbing into my Buick Enclave. Now here is the bottom line - less effort to access and egress the Camaro than the Vette and still lots of fun with an LT1 under the right foot. It is a compromise. There are lots of hot sedans I could have selected from other manufacturers or countries but rightly or wrongly, my loyalty is with GM. So Camaro it is.

I'll admit you have me by a good few years and I have only been married for a couple of decades longer than me. I don't have to deal with arthritis yet but I can relate a little bit as a knee issue does make it an issue getting out of the car in tight spaces. I had a sixth generation Camaro convertible in which the seats were probably a little higher. Nice you found something in the GM family that works for you!

Reactions: Vanguard2001
Well folks, the time has come to leave the Corvette family. After 6 years and 2 amazing Vettes, I have traded my beautiful 2019 GS for a 2024 Camaro 2SS. Don't diss me too much, but I know, I know .... it is not a Vette. Same LT1 engine but a long way from a Corvette. This will be my last sports car and as I approach 78, I needed something that was easier to enter and exit. If I bought a Mustang or a Challenger then you could really diss me, but I would not have announced it ;).

I will remain a member of this forum and follow the shenanigans. Thanks for all the support.

By the way the main Camaro forum is terrible!

View attachment 116959

Well folks, the time has come to leave the Corvette family. After 6 years and 2 amazing Vettes, I have traded my beautiful 2019 GS for a 2024 Camaro 2SS. Don't diss me too much, but I know, I know .... it is not a Vette. Same LT1 engine but a long way from a Corvette. This will be my last sports car and as I approach 78, I needed something that was easier to enter and exit. If I bought a Mustang or a Challenger then you could really diss me, but I would not have announced it ;).

I will remain a member of this forum and follow the shenanigans. Thanks for all the support.

By the way the main Camaro forum is terrible!

View attachment 116959
I understand completely. I turn 75 YY in Jan. and my current C8 is my 5th corvette. When time comes I will probably but a hot SUV SQ5. ENJOY the Camaro.

You had me at back-seat shenanigans...

I totally get the entrance and exit. I've had to relearn the process after a couple years without a Corvette.
Get a convertible and one of these for the garage ceiling.
IMG_1329.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Dik
Get a convertible and one of these for the garage ceiling.
View attachment 117007

Thanks to Chevy for continuing to make a convertible Camaro otherwise I would need a slide to get in thru the window!
fail fun and games GIF

There is someone on our forum who uses or used a lifting device to provide access for his wife in the passenger seat. Whatever it takes to enJOY the ride.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
Congratulations. I had a Camaro 2SS 1LE for 2 years and it is one of the best handling car I have ever driven. Enjoy it with good health!
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I still don't have the car, it is in Thetford Mines at Bisson Chev. Can't drive it on the Eagle F1 summer tires. And both dealers don't want to ship it on a flatbed because they have had too many cases of damage with low slung performance cars. I am considering having Bisson install winter rubber and then going to get it myself.

Enjoy your new C8 - one of the all time great performance cars.

First brand new car outta college
was a Camaro Z28 👍🏻
A Great Chick Magnet 👍🏻
Was the first thing to go once married 👎🏻
Must focus on a career; build a Business; own a home; raise a family; yada yada …
full-fill my childhood dream of owning a Brand New Corvette … old-school success 👍🏻
If I am blessed to get close to 78 years young and still have my Corvette …
there’s no way I am going to sell my casket. 😇

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I still don't have the car, it is in Thetford Mines at Bisson Chev. Can't drive it on the Eagle F1 summer tires. And both dealers don't want to ship it on a flatbed because they have had too many cases of damage with low slung performance cars. I am considering having Bisson install winter rubber and then going to get it myself.

Enjoy your new C8 - one of the all time great performance cars.
Thank you. The Camaro is very good in the winter when equipped with proper winter tires. It was my daily driver for 2 years and i have driven it in a few snow storm. In the deep stuff it struggles a bit but it handles normal winter driving without any problems.

My 1st car was a 67 Mustang coupe. I was only 18 and back seat shenanigans were tricky then, however, I'd never say don't try.
Nothing wrong with a Camaro, I'm sure it will still put that silly grin on your face. Good luck and enjoy it.
I hear ya, any activities in the back seat of a Mustang would be a challenge. All young men should have a four door vehicle, opening one back door allows one to stretch their legs, so to speak.

I drove my 4th gens for 20 years 365 days a year. I only rolled it once! ;)
I appreciate that Murray. If I can replicate your Camaro record and hold the rollover until near the end of the 20 years, I will be 98 and will use it for my casket as suggested by YFCvii

Now to find some decent winter tires.
Silent Film Vintage GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.