I have a foam cannon aswell I use. What's the "proper" technique to using it. Heard of some people just spraying the foam on and rinsing off, or else using a mitt after the foam aswell.

Yes Murray the Adams one is great. It just connects to the garden hose and will work with any liquid car wash soap. I really like it.
I’m sure there are others that work as well but this is one I found. :thumbs:

PS: looks like I can put in the 8 track player. Yay. Fits in there good.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I have a foam cannon aswell I use. What's the "proper" technique to using it. Heard of some people just spraying the foam on and rinsing off, or else using a mitt after the foam aswell.

Yes that’s the question.
I rinse the first coat of foam off so no grit is being scrubbed into the paint. Most times that’s all I have to do and the car isn’t touched.
But when quite dirty I will foam it up again and wipe it down with a mitt. The soap you use has a lot to do with this as well.
Everyone has their own personal preferences on this. One thing I do very rarely is use a pressure washer. Normally only when traveling or when I want to clean out the wheels and wells.

I'm kind of old-fashioned in that I enjoy feeling the curves and creases of the body under my hands as I dry my car. If it sounds kind of sexual, it kinda is (blush emoticon).

I stopped using leather chamois almost two decades ago. It is really hard to find a good quality leather chamois, and without proper treatment they fall apart quickly and leave residue and little bits all over the car. I moved to synthetics which were better, but they are also inconsistent in their moisture absorption and oil retention causes hard spots which can make scratches.

I found a product at Canadian Tire many years ago called "The Absorber", and I have one for every car I own. The one pictured is twelve years old, and still works just as good as the day I bought it. Keep it in the container and it is always moist and ready to go, even after being in storage all winter. I have had many people see me at a car wash and ask what it is, because it is fast and very effective. With a dark colored car, I have to be fast in direct sunlight, and four swipes will take care of the whole top of the car from bumper to bumper. The water retention is surprising, I can do the whole top portion, all windows and mirrors, before I have to wring the water out. It takes maybe five minutes to do the whole car.

Even oil and grease just rinses right out. Fantastic product that I would recommend to any car guy.

20180623_210834.jpg20180623_210715.jpg

I'm kind of old-fashioned in that I enjoy feeling the curves and creases of the body under my hands as I dry my car. If it sounds kind of sexual, it kinda is (blush emoticon).

I stopped using leather chamois almost two decades ago. It is really hard to find a good quality leather chamois, and without proper treatment they fall apart quickly and leave residue and little bits all over the car. I moved to synthetics which were better, but they are also inconsistent in their moisture absorption and oil retention causes hard spots which can make scratches.

I found a product at Canadian Tire many years ago called "The Absorber", and I have one for every car I own. The one pictured is twelve years old, and still works just as good as the day I bought it. Keep it in the container and it is always moist and ready to go, even after being in storage all winter. I have had many people see me at a car wash and ask what it is, because it is fast and very effective. With a dark colored car, I have to be fast in direct sunlight, and four swipes will take care of the whole top of the car from bumper to bumper. The water retention is surprising, I can do the whole top portion, all windows and mirrors, before I have to wring the water out. It takes maybe five minutes to do the whole car.

Even oil and grease just rinses right out. Fantastic product that I would recommend to any car guy.

View attachment 17676View attachment 17677

Yes I actually got a couple of these before my master blaster arrived. Can Tire I think. Agreed they do hold an amazing amount of water and can be wrung out to hold more. Interesting they don’t rot in the tube. They really grip the paint too.
Because I don’t have a RO filtration system for my water I still have to wipe the car completely dry with a microfibre immediately or I have spots/streaks. Same drying process as before but certainly better with this absorber on the water removal 1st pass. I also tried a water blade but it’s not for me.
The best thing I can do now is get an RO system for washing the car as the minerals leave some nasty water spots if you’re not careful. Even with the master blaster I have to pay close attention and end up with a few spots I often have to run detailer over. Ziggy is talking about getting one so I’ll be checking his system out.
The best car wash I’ve ever been to is a shell in Edson. Spot free rinse and not one water spot from drying. I can only assume they are using a chemical and RO filtered water.

Love my black car... :Banghead:

You just gave me an idea... I’ll report back after the success:Hurray:... or paint correction.:Cryin:

Great tip Jordy. I have seen them at Cdn T but was never smart enough to connect enough dots for the light bulb to come on.... Damn, what a great forum.... (And they don't pay me to say that either...:rofl:)

I seriously considered the MB. In the end I chose the Mckee's 37 Turbo Dryer based on the following:
-unit is light and can be strapped over the shoulder which makes it very easy to walk around the car and move into any position
-cost is half of the MB
-MB runs best on 20AMP circuit/ 12GA wiring

I don't think you can go wrong with either and I wish I had bought one earlier. I find the curves and tons of aero on the C7 Stage 3 hides water everywhere so I really enjoy using it. My car is ceramic coated and Xpel so water basically fly's off it when I use the blower.

I seriously considered the MB. In the end I chose the Mckee's 37 Turbo Dryer based on the following:
-unit is light and can be strapped over the shoulder which makes it very easy to walk around the car and move into any position
-cost is half of the MB
-MB runs best on 20AMP circuit/ 12GA wiring

I don't think you can go wrong with either and I wish I had bought one earlier. I find the curves and tons of aero on the C7 Stage 3 hides water everywhere so I really enjoy using it. My car is ceramic coated and Xpel so water basically fly's off it when I use the blower.

I was worried the master blaster would be a pain to drag around too but it has a pretty long hose and good quality wheels. It follows easily and is quick to grab and head over to the other side.
The back mounting would be convenient for sure but that thing screaming in my ear might be annoying.... although I haven’t had the opportunity to try a Mckee unit.
Totally agree on the stage 3 aero. Plenty of water does come out from under it.
Ceramic coating huh... thinking thinking. o_O

Derek--it's loud. The first time I used I neglected to wear plugs and it left me with ringing ears. It's a very good point--to anyone thinking of getting one use ear plugs because of the proximity of the unit to your body.

I think the older gen MB did not have pivoting wheels but they fixed that with the new one. The MB is definitely top of the line, but the McKee unit is a decent alternative.

I'm happy with the ceramic coating so far. It was ~$800 for 3 year coating using Feynlab product. We'll see how it holds up, but so far so good.

Reactions: ddgermann
Derek--it's loud. The first time I used I neglected to wear plugs and it left me with ringing ears. It's a very good point--to anyone thinking of getting one use ear plugs because of the proximity of the unit to your body.

I think the older gen MB did not have pivoting wheels but they fixed that with the new one. The MB is definitely top of the line, but the McKee unit is a decent alternative.

I'm happy with the ceramic coating so far. It was ~$800 for 3 year coating using Feynlab product. We'll see how it holds up, but so far so good.

My Master Blaster has 4 fixed wheels which I actually like. This way it doesn’t move towards the car. As I go down the side of the car it just rolls straight ahead a few feet by the time I’m around the back. As I have a quite narrow driveway in the back it is heavy enough to be firmly planted close to the car and not flopping around risking banging into the car. I just pick it up as I head back around to the other side of the car and set it down straight again. Seems to work good this way.
I can also see how the back carry unit would be really convenient to let you continue to go all the way around the car simply by laying out enough cord first. Either way they sure do a good job. :thumbs:

• Agree
Reactions: lupo
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue with the MB but it is something to keep an eye on. The hose slides on the one end and is tightened with a gear clamp with a thumb screw. On a couple of occasions once the unit warms up the hose will blow off the unit. So far it has not hit the car but if the clamp did it might not be pretty. There must be a better way but I have yet to find an effective solution.

I agree Derek that it moves in a predictable pattern and is really easy to handle it. Never had any issues with that. My driveway is gravel so I just pick it up when the hose has reached its end.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue with the MB but it is something to keep an eye on. The hose slides on the one end and is tightened with a gear clamp with a thumb screw. On a couple of occasions once the unit warms up the hose will blow off the unit. So far it has not hit the car but if the clamp did it might not be pretty. There must be a better way but I have yet to find an effective solution.

I agree Derek that it moves in a predictable pattern and is really easy to handle it. Never had any issues with that. My driveway is gravel so I just pick it up when the hose has reached its end.

Yes Murray the machine is overall very primitive looking in its design. Nothing fancy or molded; just built for functionality.
I know the gear clamp connection you’re referring however I’ve not had the hose blow off yet. One thing you can do, and I now will do is attach a light cable to the hose and machine. Then if it blows off the cable will keep the hose from flying away. Not an original idea. We do this routinely on our temporary hose connections here on the ship. There are actual pre-made “whip checks” you can buy for this. Likely be able to find them quick with an internet search. (Then possibly make your own as there is not much too them)
Good bit of info for the master blaster.
Thanks.
S

Reactions: Black 03 Z06

I have several Absorbers also and have for year.....highly recommend them also!!

As mentioned above
This thing works great when you are unable to use the blower for whatever reason. If you do not have the RO filter system for your water and get spots when you don’t dry the car, this does a great job sucking up the water. Better than anything else I’ve used. A dry microfibre or synthetic chamois right behind it and perfect, dry, lint and streak free. Great when traveling.
@Jeremiad mentioned it already and he is 100% right. Ziggy and now Spence (after watching me wiping off rain every hour in Cold Lake) use this little gem as well.
One thing. Make sure it’s clean or it will leave a film of residue. But it washes up quick and easy if you ever get some muck on it. Same as anything else I suppose.

Photo credit: Spence (aka: 2 many Rays)
D13F5576-3C7F-435D-A6DD-0EDA187CD441.jpeg

I just rinse, wash and dry with micro fiber towel: with the paint finish on these C7s mine turns out great. Mind you, it does not get too dirty!!!

Never heard of the MB so I'll have to check it out.

IF I RECALL there was a discussion a few years ago about blowing 2-stroke oil on your car using a cheap, gas leaf blower. Perhaps an electric model is the way to go?

I recently bought a commercial-grade back-pack Stihl blower which seems to run "clean" (dang, its like mounting a small tractor to your back....) I will give it a try, inspect the windshield for a film then report back ....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.