I've never heard of a non-winter driven Ontario car having rust problems. I'm familiar with a 2000 F-150 that hasn't been winter driven and never undercoated, and it looks as good as you can expect an 18 year old truck to look underneath. I don't think if it had been rust coated if would make any difference at all, other than making a mess of the garage floor, and getting filthy when working on it. The one benefit I can see is the lubrication of fasteners. I know lots of people that don't winter drive their vehicles, and none undercoat them.

If rust is your concern above all else, then I suppose it may be worth it, but for me, definitely not.

Reactions: Digigo
Hey there - Just wondering how anyone feels about Krown Rustproofing a car that will never see any sign of winter (thinking mainly about general frame preservation)

Please and thanks for your opinions...

I've never heard of a non-winter driven Ontario car having rust problems. I'm familiar with a 2000 F-150 that hasn't been winter driven and never undercoated, and it looks as good as you can expect an 18 year old truck to look underneath. I don't think if it had been rust coated if would make any difference at all, other than making a mess of the garage floor, and getting filthy when working on it. The one benefit I can see is the lubrication of fasteners. I know lots of people that don't winter drive their vehicles, and none undercoat them.

If rust is your concern above all else, then I suppose it may be worth it, but for me, definitely not.

Agreed... I cannot imagine doing that to my Corvette. We have a thread on here from Slymart doing a restoration and fighting to get this stuff off only to find corrosion anyway.

What are the signs for side yokes replacements

Might be worth a read before putting the stuff on.

Reactions: Digigo
Agree as well and if there is the odd bit of rust you could hit it with a little fogging oil. My everyday work truck, a 99 Dodge gets Krown every year and zero rust.

Bill

Attachments

• 2016-07-05 08.13.31.jpg
    2016-07-05 08.13.31.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2016-07-05 08.38.25.jpg
    2016-07-05 08.38.25.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2016-07-05 08.38.02.jpg
    2016-07-05 08.38.02.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2016-07-05 08.16.41.jpg
    2016-07-05 08.16.41.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 18
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.