Casual User
Feb 12, 2018
Halton Hills Ontario
Best answers
Car
C2
Reactions
35 1 0
Hey there - Just wondering how anyone feels about Krown Rustproofing a car that will never see any sign of winter (thinking mainly about general frame preservation)

Please and thanks for your opinions...

Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
C7 Owner
Aug 30, 2014
Pine Lake, Alberta
Best answers
Car
C7 3LT ZF1
Reactions
4,005 6 0
If you can afford it, it can't hurt. :Biggrin:

Jul 13, 2017
Bruce county, Ontario
Best answers
Car
'17 Z51
Reactions
66 0 0
I've never heard of a non-winter driven Ontario car having rust problems. I'm familiar with a 2000 F-150 that hasn't been winter driven and never undercoated, and it looks as good as you can expect an 18 year old truck to look underneath. I don't think if it had been rust coated if would make any difference at all, other than making a mess of the garage floor, and getting filthy when working on it. The one benefit I can see is the lubrication of fasteners. I know lots of people that don't winter drive their vehicles, and none undercoat them.

If rust is your concern above all else, then I suppose it may be worth it, but for me, definitely not.

ddgermann

Power User
Beta
C7 Owner
Jul 1, 2017
Edmonton
Best answers
Car
2017 3LZ Z06 Z07
Reactions
2,949 10 0
Hey there - Just wondering how anyone feels about Krown Rustproofing a car that will never see any sign of winter (thinking mainly about general frame preservation)

Please and thanks for your opinions...

I've never heard of a non-winter driven Ontario car having rust problems. I'm familiar with a 2000 F-150 that hasn't been winter driven and never undercoated, and it looks as good as you can expect an 18 year old truck to look underneath. I don't think if it had been rust coated if would make any difference at all, other than making a mess of the garage floor, and getting filthy when working on it. The one benefit I can see is the lubrication of fasteners. I know lots of people that don't winter drive their vehicles, and none undercoat them.

If rust is your concern above all else, then I suppose it may be worth it, but for me, definitely not.
Agreed... I cannot imagine doing that to my Corvette. We have a thread on here from Slymart doing a restoration and fighting to get this stuff off only to find corrosion anyway.

What are the signs for side yokes replacements

Might be worth a read before putting the stuff on.

Sep 21, 2014
York,Ontario
Best answers
Car
2003 C5 vert
Reactions
593 0 0
Agree as well and if there is the odd bit of rust you could hit it with a little fogging oil. My everyday work truck, a 99 Dodge gets Krown every year and zero rust.

Bill

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)