Same story all over again this spring. No response from the fobs even though the batteries are good. If I reprogram them I'm good for about a month then problem repeats. I guess I'll need to look into that antenna thing. Or just reprogram them every month. Funny thing, after about a month the trunk release always works for months but the door locks are the first thing to quit working.
It's been a while since I sold my C6 but as I recall there are 3 antennas in the car. One is at the back, one under the console and I don't remember where the other one is. Again, as memory serves, there is a separate one for the trunk, one for the doors and one for start/run which is separate from the emergency fob pocket. May be worth asking some questions of somebody that knows the system.

Reactions: ron6468
Just curious if others have had key fob issues re C5's. My '99 key Fobs stop working after a couple months each time after I replace the batteries. Again this spring when I went to start the car for the 1st time this year, the key fobs didn't work for doors, locks, etc even though the batteries test ok. No problem starting the car but neither fob has any effect. Not sure if they lose the programming or there is a module in the car that fails.

Hold down the "lock" and "unlock" buttons together for 5 seconds... you will hear a "beep' and your fob should now work.

As you have a 99, another thing you can look at is upgrading to the 2001-2004 fobs and receiving unit. I can't remember all the details on this, but I think you may also have to upgrade your tire pressure sending units???? Which is actually the reason most people do it because the tire pressure sending units are WAY cheaper for the 01-04 Corvettes than the 97-00's. But, I would have to google this all again to get my information straight. The point is that it is possible to upgrade your car to the newer system.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread