Pic posted above. Plates will be changed soon.
New to the Vette world but I feel I am in for an awesome time come next Spring :).
Great looking car Kanuck. Red is a sweet colour for the Vette too (and not just because I use to own one). You are going to develop lots of habits that will appear strange to many now. For instance: You will smile everytime you get close to your car or even think of your car; You will park far away from other vehicles, especially if the spots are narrow; You will always turn to have another look at your car after you park it and walk away; When you go to a restaurant you will try and get a seat near a window where you look at your car; You will smile and ignore Toyota Corollas and the like when they pull up beside you at stop lights and rev their engines; You will feel that the girls at drive through fast food outlets are drooling over your car instead of you... (and they are... lol).... You will avoid gravel roads and driveways as much as humanly possible and will drive slower than a snail walks if you do have to drive on gravel; ........LOL.... There will be lots more but you get my point.... And Don't forget to wave.... Vette drivers are your family now... :thumbs:

Pic posted above. Plates will be changed soon.
New to the Vette world but I feel I am in for an awesome time come next Spring :).
So far I have changed the Grille to the Z06 and will be making a Custom Bracket to mount the Front Plate. I don't like the fitment of the OEM. The bracket I make will also allow more air through the Grille.

I didn't like the look of the car with the front plate so I didn't mount mine and I drive without one. I even got stopped once and the cop didn't comment. I carry the plate with me in the back though. I think I'm risking a fine but I hope if I get pulled over that the cop is somewhat understanding.

I also didn't put a front plate on my Mustang Cobra and was pulled over as well and the cop said he didn't want to be a jerk so he let me go. Twenty years of summer/weekend driving with no front plate!

Funny.......I live on a border town with the USA and I was crossing the bridge going into the states and the American customs agent said where's your front plate (I was in my Cobra) and I told him I don't wear one because it ruins the look of the car! He said well I guess that confirms whether or not you're willing to break the law ha ha.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kanuck
Great looking car Kanuck. Red is a sweet colour for the Vette too (and not just because I use to own one). You are going to develop lots of habits that will appear strange to many now. For instance: You will smile everytime you get close to your car or even think of your car; You will park far away from other vehicles, especially if the spots are narrow; You will always turn to have another look at your car after you park it and walk away; When you go to a restaurant you will try and get a seat near a window where you look at your car; You will smile and ignore Toyota Corollas and the like when they pull up beside you at stop lights and rev their engines; You will feel that the girls at drive through fast food outlets are drooling over your car instead of you... (and they are... lol).... You will avoid gravel roads and driveways as much as humanly possible and will drive slower than a snail walks if you do have to drive on gravel; ........LOL.... There will be lots more but you get my point.... And Don't forget to wave.... Vette drivers are your family now... :thumbs:

IMG_5342.JPG

I can attest to that because I do all those things already with my other Summer Car. I have many "one of" custom mods that were built by me, love that car too :).

Nice looking custom fabricated plate holder Kanuck. You have great skills and access to the right tools. This how the plate mounting looks with the plastic front license holder that came with my Z51. The downside is that it interrupts the open expanse of the 'smile' grill. Focus on the plate and not the dirty front end 😔.

20190923_202319.jpg

Nice looking custom fabricated plate holder Kanuck. You have great skills and access to the right tools. This how the plate mounting looks with the plastic front license holder that came with my Z51. The downside is that it interrupts the open expanse of the 'smile' grill. Focus on the plate and not the dirty front end 😔.

Thank you.
I originally had the same holder mounted on the Grill but I felt that it blocked a fair amount of air from the Radiator ( maybe my imagination ). This certainly eliminates that possibility .
However, I intend to add the Splitter and will have to make a slight modification. Is your Splitter painted Carbon Flash?

It would be nice if we could remove the front plate altogether. I left mine off for a couple of months after delivery but became concerned when I heard of others in Ontario being stopped and ticketed. Yes, the full aero package is carbon flash. I removed the splitter for the winter to gain an extra 2 inches of clearance. Did not want the splitter to become a snow plow :snowplough:

It would be nice if we could remove the front plate altogether. I left mine off for a couple of months after delivery but became concerned when I heard of others in Ontario being stopped and ticketed. Yes, the full aero package is carbon flash. I removed the splitter for the winter to gain an extra 2 inches of clearance. Did not want the splitter to become a snow plow :snowplough:

Yes, it would be great if we could remove it without any penalty. Not sure if the law will pass eventually.
I really like the look of the Aero Package and the Carbon Flash to match the rest of the car. For now I am seriously considering the package from ACS.

I could easily make up a few of the holders that I have and at no cost.

No front plate for me.......at least until I'm forced to put it on. Ran my Mustang Cobra every summer with no front plate for twenty years. Pulled over twice, cops commented but after I told them it ruins the look of the car, both let me go. I know I'm risking this with my Vette, but as I said until I'm forced it stays off!

Looks like the fine is $85 if the following is accurate. Schedule 43 – Last Updated: January 1, 2019 | Ontario Court of Justice At that price it could be worth the risk for some people.

Thanks.......well for $85 I'm going to continue with no front plate until told otherwise. Hey if I can talk myself out of a 142 in a 50, I think I've got a good chance of having that "very nice officer" agree with me that the front plate ruins the look of the car! (Ha ha)

;)

I don't have an issue with the $85 fine, just rather not get stopped at all.
Up in here in Peel Region you run a good chance of getting pulled over and then they may even start picking on the Window Tint or tinted license cover etc.
However, I do agree that it is an eyesore and takes away from the looks of the Car.

• Agree
Reactions: Cobravenomous
Thanks.......well for $85 I'm going to continue with no front plate until told otherwise. Hey if I can talk myself out of a 142 in a 50, I think I've got a good chance of having that "very nice officer" agree with me that the front plate ruins the look of the car! (Ha ha)

;)
You are obviously a very good talker... Or have the ultimate speeding excuse... Either way, you should be sharing it with your great friends here on the forum.... :angelic:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.