Oct 18, 2014
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
C7
Hello All, joined the Forum since 2014 and have been lurking all this time. I am currently looking to pick up my first Corvette, after much searching I am fairly convinced that I have found the right one. It is a 2015 Z51 2LTwith 6000 Kms. Final price without taxes $54000.
I cannot find anything with that mileage close to that price, the car is mint and hard to distinguish from new. The Owner took a two year lease on a new 2019 and put a deposit on a 2021. Any opinions or suggestions are welcome.

That sounds a bit high for a 2015 even considering the low kms. But price is really a case of supply and demand. If there are few to none on the market he will likely get his asking. You might try to go lower to test his resolve - but don't insult him with a $40k offer. A convertible and/or automatic will add to the cost. To give you a sense of pricing, in August 2018 I paid $72k for a 2017 Stingray coupe, Z51, M7, 3LT with another 15k in options. MSRP sticker was $99.7k, it was one model year old but brand new. After 14 months, I have 11700 kms on the clock.

Last edited:
Hello All, joined the Forum since 2014 and have been lurking all this time. I am currently looking to pick up my first Corvette, after much searching I am fairly convinced that I have found the right one. It is a 2015 Z51 2LTwith 6000 Kms. Final price without taxes $54000.
I cannot find anything with that mileage close to that price, the car is mint and hard to distinguish from new. The Owner took a two year lease on a new 2019 and put a deposit on a 2021. Any opinions or suggestions are welcome.

I have a friend who's father in law wrote off his 2015 Z51 this summer.It was also a 2LT he bought used and had for almost 3 years. Not sure how many km he had on it but after a few heart to hearts with the insurance company, and them offering him 44,000 for it, they ended up giving him 53,000 for the car. He was happy as that was what he had paid for it in 2017. That is in Alberta where prices have been a few thousand lower than the east for a few years. At this moment in time, 54 k for it sounds a little high. Especially adding on Ontario taxes. A 2019, new on the lot (non Z51) 2LT can be had quite easily for 64 k here in Alberta. That's an advertised price without any dickering. I'd be tempted to wait until spring and the C8 hits the streets. Just my opinion but you may get a newer model with low km for the same money and still have more warranty left. JMO. Good luck and congrats whatever you decide.

• Informative
Reactions: Bixter44 and Kanuck
I paid $80,000 for a 2015 Z51 M7 in March of 2014, with $4000 in upgrades. I wish I would have waited as I could have bought the same car 2 years later for less, although MSRP was higher. There are bargains out there, especially this time of year when sales of sports cars are on the decline. I'd offer $50,000 plus a couple of oil changes ($250 each). Is there any warranty with the car?

Reactions: Kanuck
Thank you all for your input. It's two weeks now since I have been going back and forth with the Dealer.
Been actively searching on Auto Trader for a while and I cannot match the price. Seen several and even though they are newer they are not in the same condition.
Sealed the deal today.
Thank you again for your input.

Congrats. You will smile so much your face will hurt... And it never goes away. We want pictures by the way... :thumbs:

Hi Kanuck. I just bought a 2015 Z51 2LT Stingray a couple of months ago and also asked the same question about pricing here. 2 different dealerships in my area had very similar cars, same color, low Kim’s and everything, listed for about 57K. At the time, folks on this site said the price doesn’t seem out of line. After “negotiations “ I ended up getting it for about $52,500. I then added a couple years of extra warranty (it was a GM certified vehicle, so they were able to do that, even though it was used). Once they added all the taxes and fees, it was around $57000 out the door. I felt like it was a decent deal and am just thrilled that I now own my dream car.
The warranty was important to me, as I was concerned about spending that much money on a used car and then having potential issues with it (you just never know).
Anyhoo, congratulations on your purchase.
Dale.

Sounds like a plan...Get all records and reports (car fax) make sure accident free....not sure if thia is a good price maybe more flexible since, winter is coming...fyi

Looks like I won't be driving until Spring of next year.
Since picking it up on Saturday the weather hasn't been good. Looks like Winter will feel extra long.
So far I have changed the Grille to the Z06 and will be making a Custom Bracket to mount the Front Plate. I don't like the fitment of the OEM. The bracket I make will also allow more air through the Grille.

• Sad
Reactions: Vanguard2001
Looks like I won't be driving until Spring of next year.
Since picking it up on Saturday the weather hasn't been good. Looks like Winter will feel extra long.
So far I have changed the Grille to the Z06 and will be making a Custom Bracket to mount the Front Plate. I don't like the fitment of the OEM. The bracket I make will also allow more air through the Grille.
Welcome to the family...

IMG_5343.PNG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.