if the unthinkable happened and you were to experience a breakdown whilst cruising,would C.A.A. send a tilt n load flat deck hauler ? anyone have this happen ?

I have nothing but high praise for CAA. I have several old cars and have never (and I mean never) been disappointed by their service. They always send a tilt-n-load / rollback for my cars. I like their service so much, I recently upgraded from the CAA Plus plan to CAA Premier.

Fast, helpful service and one call more than pays for the annual cost.

:canada:

I have CAA Plus but have so far not had to use it. Good to know you like their service 67.

One of the great benefits that many don't realize is that CAA membership covers the driver, and not the car. This means Primary CAA Members and Associate CAA Members are covered in any car, even if they are a passenger riding in a friend's car. You're also covered in a rental vehicle.

You pull out your membership card, call the toll-free number and usually within 30-40 minutes (sometimes sooner), the big white truck pulls up.

:seeya:

One of the great benefits that many don't realize is that CAA membership covers the driver, and not the car. This means Primary CAA Members and Associate CAA Members are covered in any car, even if they are a passenger riding in a friend's car. You're also covered in a rental vehicle.

You pull out your membership card, call the toll-free number and usually within 30-40 minutes (sometimes sooner), the big white truck pulls up.

:seeya:

as long as big men in white coats don't get out of it !!! :eek:

as long as big men in white coats don't get out of it !!! :eek:

As long as someone comes. :D

They cross-support AAA as well. For instance, on the way back from Corvette at Carlisle several years ago, I had forgotten how long a stretch of I-81 has no gas stations in upstate NY. I ran out of gas. Called the toll-free number on my CAA card and a friendly AAA driver pulled up in 20 minutes with enough free gas to get me to a gas station.

4kbhn6.jpg
2nhezgw.jpg

The first time I used CAA, the battery on our Olds unexpectedly died. The guy came and was bound and bent that he was going to sell me a battery and that the GM batteries I was using were no good. A battery that has lasted eight years is no good...perhap after eight years. The next time it was keys inadvertently locked in the trunk. After an hour and a half of them not being able to find someone to come, I borrowed my buddies tools, took out the back seat of the Chevelle and got the coat and keys out through the hole in the trunk divider. I never renewed after that until this past year when I put on basic coverage again from a flyer they sent out. Then they phone to do the up sell bit. I told the guy of my experiences with CAA and made it clear that I didn't want him phoning back. For some reason, up selling and extended warranties are a bit of a pet peeve with me.
If you were in the middle of drywalling the ceiling of a garage, you might be a little grumpy too. ;)

CAA and drywalling

KEITH TEDFORD (quote)

If you were in the middle of drywalling the ceiling of a garage, you might be a little grumpy too.

is Dale slacking off and not nailing fast enough??????:rofl:

---------------------

I have CAA premium and love it

I like the idea of the longer hauls (km) covered...

Its a GOOD idea to tell them you have a Corvette... be polite and FIRM

if the unthinkable happened and you were to experience a breakdown whilst cruising,would C.A.A. send a tilt n load flat deck hauler ? anyone have this happen ?
I had to use CAA so move my car. At first the rep was going to send a regular tow truck however I asked her to switch to a flatbed. She switched me to another persons who immediately agreed that the vette needed a flatbed. The driver showed up within 40mins and was fantastic. Made sure the tow cable pulling the car up was not touching anything and took his time strapping everything down.

Yeah Carl, I get grumpy when she doesn't work fast enough. The drywall is getting screwed on so I guess I'll have to get her a screw gun for each hand. The place is looking brighter/better already. CAA can't be too bad. I'm the only one with a so so experience so far. ;)

KEITH TEDFORD (quote)

If you were in the middle of drywalling the ceiling of a garage, you might be a little grumpy too.

is Dale slacking off and not nailing fast enough??????:rofl:

---------------------

I have CAA premium and love it

I like the idea of the longer hauls (km) covered...

Its a GOOD idea to tell them you have a Corvette... be polite and FIRM

Yeah Carl, I get grumpy when she doesn't work fast enough. The drywall is getting screwed on so I guess I'll have to get her a screw gun for each hand. The place is looking brighter/better already. CAA can't be too bad. I'm the only one with a so so experience so far. ;)

aw keith , you romantic son of a gun , you're gonna make the rest of us look bad !!! :rofl:

I also have the Premier membership.
I have had it for years. Used it quite a few times with the Harley's. Flat tire in West Virginia, broken Clutch in lake Placid, Fuel injection in Myrtle Beach just to name a few.
Always insist the send a Flat Bed Tow Truck.

We also use it for hotel discounts, restaurant discounts, & wherever I see the sign.
One tow every couple of years more than covers your membership.

Also running non-Run-Craps on the Vette gives you piece of mind on a long trip.
Don't leave home without it.:canada:

I also have the Premier membership.
I have had it for years. Used it quite a few times with the Harley's. Flat tire in West Virginia, broken Clutch in lake Placid, Fuel injection in Myrtle Beach just to name a few.
Always insist the send a Flat Bed Tow Truck.

We also use it for hotel discounts, restaurant discounts, & wherever I see the sign.
One tow every couple of years more than covers your membership.

Also running non-Run-Craps on the Vette gives you piece of mind on a long trip.
Don't leave home without it.:canada:

i have had it for about ten years and used it once. i had roadside assistance with my truck for three years but also kept the caa up to date. as you say it is handy for discounts. :D p.s. we share the same surname mark, did you ever have any family from the peterborough area ?

i have had it for about ten years and used it once. i had roadside assistance with my truck for three years but also kept the caa up to date. as you say it is handy for discounts. :D p.s. we share the same surname mark, did you ever have any family from the peterborough area ?

Hey thats cool. I don't know of any family members there, but you never know. My Dad was a slut in his younger days so you could be my half brother. lol:canada:

Hey thats cool. I don't know of any family members there, but you never know. My Dad was a slut in his younger days so you could be my half brother. lol:canada:

:rofl: time frame's kinda off though !!! in doing some research i hit a stone wall on my grandfather's family. by the way,do you know a steve conroy in the georgetown area with a white 76 / saddle int. he bought the car around 82 and is rumoured to still own it. it was originally my cousin's car. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.