brighton ontario/Port Charlotte Fla
VetteCoins
Car
03 50th Aniversary
I saw my first C7 on the 401.
I am sorry I do not like it at all.
It looks like a kit car gone bad.
The back is fricken awful
I do not like the eye lash driving lights..
What a poor design.
I was ready to buy one , but no thanks.
Opinions are like arsholes , everyone has one and this is mine.

I'm not keen on the look at all, but I bet if we were able to take one for a drive, we'd overlook a lot of what seems to be messed up on the outside. The interior and comfort are supposed to be improved along with the ride and handling. AND, who can argue with 450+ hp as standard equipment. I guess a person could always buy the aftermarket C6 style rear end to graft on. The fad of a row of LED lights around the headlights can get old and go away and the sooner the better. We string lights on our Christmas tree. ;)

Gotta say I love it and can't wait to own one.
Every generation has had it's haters & lovers.
It's a good thing we all have our own opinions, if everyone liked the same car we would all be driving Toyota Camry's, or something boring like that.:canada:

Gotta say I love it and can't wait to own one.
Every generation has had it's haters & lovers.
It's a good thing we all have our own opinions, if everyone liked the same car we would all be driving Toyota Camry's, or something boring like that.:canada:

I'm with you Mark -- I like despite some shortcomings.......
To each his own.

C.

I had 13 VW cars untill I bought an 05 Passant TDI from Pickering VW
I got screwded right from the start.
We junked it.
It was a money pit $2100 for timming belts every 100k. 2 transmissions $8000, rust ,water leaks , the lists goes on.$500 to buy out the lease at the end above an agreeded price in black and white.
I will put our 2012 Cruze LTZ/RS turbo with no timming belts and 40 miles per gallon, against any off shore car.
And the profits stay in NORTH AMERICA.

By and large, North American built vehicles have North American made parts. A few years ago GM Oshawa trucks switched to Denso air con compressors and stuff like that. Some of the small cars are Korean made. The GM/Suzuki CAMI plant in Ingersol had a stamping plant to do sheet metal body parts. For those preferring foreign cars, it might be a little easier after 2016. GM Oshawa has nothing on the books to build after that. Only a major improvement in car sales will save the place.....or a government deal. At a cruise night, a guy was railing on about junk North American vehicles. One of the guys listening in happened to be a Toyota mechanic. He invited the guy down to the local dealership and see how busy the Toyota mechanics were. Busy mechanics there too repairing Toyotas. They all have their problems and to think otherwise is to kid yourself. If you don't build quality in this market, you will be GONE. It is just too competitive to sell junk. The Lada was an extreme example of how fast you can be gone. Most people are not even aware that Russia tried to sell cars here.

By and large, North American built vehicles have North American made parts. A few years ago GM Oshawa trucks switched to Denso air con compressors and stuff like that. Some of the small cars are Korean made. The GM/Suzuki CAMI plant in Ingersol had a stamping plant to do sheet metal body parts. For those preferring foreign cars, it might be a little easier after 2016. GM Oshawa has nothing on the books to build after that. Only a major improvement in car sales will save the place.....or a government deal. At a cruise night, a guy was railing on about junk North American vehicles. One of the guys listening in happened to be a Toyota mechanic. He invited the guy down to the local dealership and see how busy the Toyota mechanics were. Busy mechanics there too repairing Toyotas. They all have their problems and to think otherwise is to kid yourself. If you don't build quality in this market, you will be GONE. It is just too competitive to sell junk. The Lada was an extreme example of how fast you can be gone. Most people are not even aware that Russia tried to sell cars here.

All of the major auto parts suppliers have their own facilities in China. The majority of parts are made in north America, but we are seeing more & more parts come from Offshore plants. We are always fighting a battle to reduce pricing to keep the projects running here.:canada:

CCO, I think you missed my meaning, was talking about the Mayor ...:D

LOL, Bob -- Good one.
icon14.gif

C.

I wouldn't drive anything off shore either! The saltwater in the electronics would destroy everything! :rofl:

Trying to keep this from being a domestic/import dispute, LOTs of vehicles made by the import companies are made right in North America, it's not as cut and dry as it used to be and build quality between the companies keeps getting closer, however, I can see someone wanting to support North American companies. This is not limited to cars but everything! Even consulting services/appliances/resources and projects are farmed to companies off shore. We are living in an age of a global economy and who people want to support is totally their choice for whichever reasons they feel comfortable with.

To get back on topic.

I love the look of the C7. I can't wait to get one. Do I expect everyone to like it? Heck no! That would just be delusional. However, the problem comes in where people feel others are WRONG by their opinions. We are free to voice our opinions, just try to keep your opinion from coming across as a fact. I just hope people can feel as comfortable on here voicing their opinion that they don't like something as much as those that voice their opinion that they do like something and we can respect each other's views.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.