Ahh, OK. That makes more sense.

Regarding the 4 post hoist. You actually want the jack points to be over the ramps so you can jack it up using a low profile floor jack. I haven't tried it but if a floor jack with puck goes under the car then it will work. I have a tray that goes under the car and was wondering if a bottle jack would work, so I guess that answers that question.

I don't see how to use a low profile jack on a 4-post lift. While the jacking end will fit between the ramp and C8 jack pucks, where do you put the rest of the jack? You can't put it on the ramp, nor on the jack tray or even if you could somehow put it on the jack tray, how do you get the required space between the jack tray and the car to lever the jack handle and pump up the jack? 🤔

WOW, what a cool product! They look like they would be perfect for the C8! I don't see why they wouldn't work. He mentioned you get one aluminum top plate included with each jack and can buy other plates for your desired configuration. Their web site show different plate configurations and I can see a few different configurations that would work, especially if you already have a set of C8 jack pads.
My concern would be more if the trolly jack you currently own would work with those stands. After jacking the car up, you need to slide that base around your trolly jack?
The only other drawback I can see is the price. In the review with Jay Leno, he says they are $299.USD a pair but their web site shows a price of $319.USD ... and of course they are coming from the US so maybe extra duty and taxes?
Very interesting though.
Thanks for sharing.

I've now contacted the manufacturer and supposedly I'll hear back in 48 hours, about whether their product will work for a C8. And yes, it's not cheap when converting to Canadian dollars, I expect they'll be heavy so ship will be expensive and we'll no doubt be hit with cross-border charges (sigh). When I hear back from them, I'll ask if they have a Canadian distributor but my Google search failed to locate one.

And I assume you need to raise the car enough, so you've then got room to move the jackpoint jackstand under the car and around the trolley jack, place it around the trolley jack, then lower the car onto the jackpoint jackstand, then slide the trolley jack out. Yes it's a neat invention and hopefully it'll work for the C8 and I'll let you know what they say.

Last edited:
Here is my take.
There is a frame rail running front to back( and bending inward to support the engine/tranny) underneath the C8 which has the oval cutouts for jacking on either end and 2X round holes in between ( for holding down the car in transport and yet to see this) and we are told not to use these for lifting the car.
However, since these round holes are part of the rail, we might assume the rail is one piece from front to back even though its covered by plastic/metal sheets for a `streamline` look underneath.
There may be safety jacks and wood blocking schemes available .

Attachments

• corvette lift.jpg
    corvette lift.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 57
Here is my take.
There is a frame rail running front to back( and bending inward to support the engine/tranny) underneath the C8 which has the oval cutouts for jacking on either end and 2X round holes in between ( for holding down the car in transport and yet to see this) and we are told not to use these for lifting the car.
However, since these round holes are part of the rail, we might assume the rail is one piece from front to back even though its covered by plastic/metal sheets for a `streamline` look underneath.
There may be safety jacks and wood blocking schemes available .

You're probably correct in assuming there are areas behind all those close out panels that would be safe to support the C8 properly. Maybe someone can map them out for us, but in the meantime I wouldn't want to take that chance or guess at it.

I've now contacted the manufacturer and supposedly I'll hear back in 48 hours, about whether their product will work for a C8. And yes, it's not cheap when converting to Canadian dollars, I expect they'll be heavy so ship will be expensive and we'll no doubt be hit with cross-border charges (sigh). When I hear back from them, I'll ask if they have a Canadian distributor but my Google search failed to locate one.

And I assume you need to raise the car enough, so you've then got room to move the jackpoint jackstand under the car and around the trolley jack, place it around the trolley jack, then lower the car onto the jackpoint jackstand, then slide the trolley jack out. Yes it's a neat invention and hopefully it'll work for the C8 and I'll let you know what they say.

If you get a chance to talk to the manufacturer, ask him what kind of jack works with those stands?

I have my C8 up on stands in my unheated garage now. I brought the wheels into my workshop for the winter to ceramic coat them. I feel better knowing those summer only Z51 Michelins won't be subjected to February's sub zero temperatures.
The 4 stands are on the proper jacking points NOW, but it was an interesting adventure getting them there. I was surprised to learn how stiff the C8 chassis actually is, in that, when you jack the car up at one of the rear jacking points, the front wheel on that same side raises as well. I realize with the weight of the engine at the rear, this has a lot to do with it as well. In doing that, you can slide a jack stand under that front jacking point. I then let the jack at the rear down so the car was only sitting on one front jack stand. I then moved my trolly jack over to the opposite rear side, but this time, I jacked the rear end up on the bracket that is attached to the frame, to support the lower control arm knuckle, closest to the rear of the car. Just put a rubber hockey puck on your trolly jack pad so as not to damage that aluminium control arm bracket. (actually, the hockey puck contacts the control arm knuckle as well as the sporting frame bracket when you jack it up there). Plenty strong enough in that location if you ask me... and there is nothing hidden behind close out panels there so you can see all the frame rails. Because this jacking point is a little rearward of the proper jacking location for that side, and again, probably due to the fact that this chassis is so stiff, much to my surprise, the whole car went up! My first thought was... quick, slide a jack stand under the last 3 proper support locations! but before doing so, I went to each corner of the car and leaned on it hard. Then shook and wiggled it. I was shocked at how stable it was! Now, as a disclaimer, GM recommends jacking the car up in the proper locations... but this worked great for me.

The red arrow in this picture shows the general location of the jacking point I used to raise the car.

rear jacking point.jpg

You're probably correct in assuming there are areas behind all those close out panels that would be safe to support the C8 properly. Maybe someone can map them out for us, but in the meantime I wouldn't want to take that chance or guess at it.

If you get a chance to talk to the manufacturer, ask him what kind of jack works with those stands?

I have my C8 up on stands in my unheated garage now. I brought the wheels into my workshop for the winter to ceramic coat them. I feel better knowing those summer only Z51 Michelins won't be subjected to February's sub zero temperatures.
The 4 stands are on the proper jacking points NOW, but it was an interesting adventure getting them there. I was surprised to learn how stiff the C8 chassis actually is, in that, when you jack the car up at one of the rear jacking points, the front wheel on that same side raises as well. I realize with the weight of the engine at the rear, this has a lot to do with it as well. In doing that, you can slide a jack stand under that front jacking point. I then let the jack at the rear down so the car was only sitting on one front jack stand. I then moved my trolly jack over to the opposite rear side, but this time, I jacked the rear end up on the bracket that is attached to the frame, to support the lower control arm knuckle, closest to the rear of the car. Just put a rubber hockey puck on your trolly jack pad so as not to damage that aluminium control arm bracket. (actually, the hockey puck contacts the control arm knuckle as well as the sporting frame bracket when you jack it up there). Plenty strong enough in that location if you ask me... and there is nothing hidden behind close out panels there so you can see all the frame rails. Because this jacking point is a little rearward of the proper jacking location for that side, and again, probably due to the fact that this chassis is so stiff, much to my surprise, the whole car went up! My first thought was... quick, slide a jack stand under the last 3 proper support locations! but before doing so, I went to each corner of the car and leaned on it hard. Then shook and wiggled it. I was shocked at how stable it was! Now, as a disclaimer, GM recommends jacking the car up in the proper locations... but this worked great for me.

The red arrow in this picture shows the general location of the jacking point I used to raise the car.

View attachment 74055

Thanks for sharing and glad you got your summer tires out of the cold. I just got off the phone with my salesperson and he was mentioning the microscopic damage that can happen with the C8 summer tires, when it goes below 7 degrees celsius, but I don't want to derail this thread with an entirely unrelated and "heated" (pardon the pun) topic. Anyways, the jackpoint jackstands website has a section which describes the trolley jack dimensions that work with their product, so you should be able to figure out from that if yours will work. Cheers!

• Useful
Reactions: Bucketoy
Here's the manufacturer's email reply:

The jack stands with recessed pads will work if you have a separate set of pucks for the Corvette lift points. The C8 is pretty new and I've seen a report of one tipping backwards on a lift due to the mid engine weight bias. I'm told that isn't a problem when lifting with a jack but I have not had an opportunity to personally test the stands on the C8. Feel free to call if you have other questions.
Thanks - John
John A. Walton, Manager
JackPoint JackStands, LLC
630-430-8481
http://www.JackPointJackstands.com

If anyone buys a set for your C8, please post the price (including ship and cross border charges) and how well they work. Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Not sure what you mean by "The do not lift points are for those using a dealer lift", but I think I know the holes you are referring to. I know those "do not lift here holes" were used to hold the shipping cover on my car when it was delivered to the dealer. Those holes would only be partially visible if the coloured body panels didn't cut-out around them. Hope that answers your question?

Ok, just got my set of “Hockey Pucks” to lock into the oval slots in the frame, and there is lots of information out there on where to put these things, but for all of us that only have your standard lift jack and a set of axle stands, It would be nice to know how to safely put this car up in the air for routing service. I'm not getting under there without axle stands! When you use the jacking location to get the back end up, where do you put the axle stand? I can’t get my axel stands within 10 inches of that jacking spot as the trolly jack is in the way. Everything is covered with close out panels under there so you don’t know if there is a frame rail hidden under that panel, or one of those aluminium Bedford 6 castings. I usually use a lower control arm but they are burred inside those deep back rims... and I’ve seen more robust wish bones in the last chicken I carved.

Funny side note… It sure looked odd watching the front wheel go up as I jacked the back wheel up… lol.

View attachment 44589View attachment 44590View attachment 44591
That is one F#@$g rigid frame on that beast

• Agree
I have the Quick Jack lift BL5000XL, the puck location does not work for the C8 as jack points are spaced farther apart than the C7 or C6 cars.
The spread you have is 60" - a fellow on the US vette forum used your lift (in the 7000 lb version) on the C8 and it works. The C8 spread is 63". I'd post a link to the US forum post but it will get removed here (I tried once before and that is what happened).

I don't plan on buying another set of Quick Jack lifts as I have ramps that I can use for an oil change for the C-8 as that's about the only DYI stuff I see myself doing on the C8.

Here is youtube view showing a jacking process we are talking about.
The first 60secs or so summarizes it all.

Also the is a Youtuber called `Crooks` that uses a Quickjack to raise his C8

corvette jacking.jpg corvette frame.jpg

Note the lug wrench he`s using. That`s all for now folks too early for me.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.