Oct 16, 2019
Whitby
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 on order
Province
ON
Ok, just got my set of “Hockey Pucks” to lock into the oval slots in the frame, and there is lots of information out there on where to put these things, but for all of us that only have your standard lift jack and a set of axle stands, It would be nice to know how to safely put this car up in the air for routing service. I'm not getting under there without axle stands! When you use the jacking location to get the back end up, where do you put the axle stand? I can’t get my axel stands within 10 inches of that jacking spot as the trolly jack is in the way. Everything is covered with close out panels under there so you don’t know if there is a frame rail hidden under that panel, or one of those aluminium Bedford 6 castings. I usually use a lower control arm but they are burred inside those deep back rims... and I’ve seen more robust wish bones in the last chicken I carved.

Funny side note… It sure looked odd watching the front wheel go up as I jacked the back wheel up… lol.

IMG_6175.JPGIMG_6174.JPGIMG_6169.JPG

This is the only area on the control arms you could use. I would feel more comfortable it the axles stands where further out towards the ball joint but that is just not possible. Those aluminium control arms look awfully skimpy as well 😬.
View attachment 44602
I see 2 holes in the bottom plate. Could they be locations for jack stands??

Here is a youtube vid showing high wing install.

Its the best I`ve seen as he shows approx where to put the jack stands. He does comment about the C8 being `tipsy`. If it happens to me , I plan on adding some weight in the frunk as to counter balance.

• Informative
Reactions: Bucketoy
Here is a youtube vid showing high wing install.

Its the best I`ve seen as he shows approx where to put the jack stands. He does comment about the C8 being `tipsy`. If it happens to me , I plan on adding some weight in the frunk as to counter balance.

Interesting video... thanks for sharing. I guess he's ok taking the back bumper off if... like he says, "it teeters" because, HES NOT UNDER THE CAR... lol. I certainly wouldn't be doing that though, or for sure, going under there to change the oil. I might however try your suggestion of putting some weight in the frunk then jacking the car up where he has his "teetering" axle stands, then carefully/quickly slide an axle stand under the jacking location?

I found this interesting post from our banned buddy C8Jake... C8 on 4 Jack Stands in 2 Minutes ✔

I'll resurrect this thread with a question: does anyone know if the "jackpoint jackstands" work with a C8 and if so, what should you purchase from them? The "recessed pad" that works with the C7? It looks like a good idea for the C8 which has so few jack points. Here's their website:

You can get the Quickjack from Costco
The C8 needs a 63" spread - this thing goes up to 60" BUT it does work according to one fellow who bought it.

I am going for a 4 post lift (Bendpak narrow - BendPak HD-9ST 4 Post Lift, 9,000 Lb. Capacity, Narrow Width | Exclusive Canadian Authorized Dealer). Bendpak is 100" wide and will fit the car and the garage.
It has an accessory to lift the entire car up off its wheels too (BendPak RJ45W Sliding Bridge Jack 4,500 Lb Capacity | Canada's Source For Car and Truck Lift Accessories or BendPak JP-6).

Costco carries the Atlas (https://www.costco.ca/atlas-apex-8-3,628-kg-(8,000-lb.)-4-post-hobbyist-lift.product.100361193.html) but it is 114" wide.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get the Quickjack from Costco
The C8 needs a 63" spread - this thing goes up to 60" BUT it does work according to one fellow who bought it.

I am going for a 4 post lift (Bendpak narrow - BendPak HD-9ST 4 Post Lift, 9,000 Lb. Capacity, Narrow Width | Exclusive Canadian Authorized Dealer). Bendpak is 100" wide and will fit the car and the garage.
It has an accessory to lift the entire car up off its wheels too (BendPak RJ45W Sliding Bridge Jack 4,500 Lb Capacity | Canada's Source For Car and Truck Lift Accessories or BendPak JP-6).

Costco carries the Atlas (https://www.costco.ca/atlas-apex-8-3,628-kg-(8,000-lb.)-4-post-hobbyist-lift.product.100361193.html) but it is 114" wide.
I have a Bendpak lift with the RJ45W Sliding Bridge Jack. The sliding jack does not work on C7’s with the standard jacking points where we use the pucks. The puck locations are out to wide for the Sliding jack to reach. The sliding jack does work on the optional locations as indicated in Bob’s diagram. Not sure about the C8.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Bendpak lift with the RJ45W Sliding Bridge Jack. The sliding jack does not work on C7’s with the standard jacking points where we use the pucks. The puck locations are out to wide for the Sliding jack to reach. The sliding jack does work on the optional locations as indicated in Bob’s diagram. Not sure about the C8.
Good to know. I have had no trouble doing wheel and brake work with a simple jack. In the end, the Sliding Bridge jack from Bendpak would be OK but seems really unnecessary unless one cannot squat down to change tires. The bottle jack solution ( BendPak JP-6) would be ok if there was enough room from Bendpak's support rail to the bottom of the C8, but again, only necessary for someone who has trouble squatting down.
I need the 4 post lift to house three cars in a two car garage.

Stupid question (or maybe not) If you use your jack how can you use those stands at the exact same location?

Hey Murray. Watch the video on their website; it's short and shows how the floor jack slides out of the jackpoint jackstands. A neat invention. But I don't know if it'll work for the C8.

And when it comes to a 4-post lift, the jackpoints on the C8 are too near the edges of the car, so they are directly above the ramps used the drive the car onto. I've looked into using the shortest 2-bag pneumatic jack, but once you insert the jack pucks into the slots, there's only a few inches of clearance so not enough space to put any kind of pneumatic jack underneath the jack pucks. So I've given up trying to raise my C8 up, while parked on the 4-post lift (ie. to change tires). I think the only solution is to have the C8 on the garage floor/ground and use a low profile jack. Then if you want to raise up multiple wheels at the same time, perhaps (?) use the jackpoint jackstands? I know others have used regular jackstands under the struts below the wheels, but I question if those struts can take the weight safely and also how solid that is, so I'd prefer to rely on the C8 jackpoints and not a potentially wobbly jackstand on a strut.

I welcome comments from others on what else to do, to safely raise the C8 to get more than one wheel at a time off the ground.

Reactions: Bucketoy
Hey Murray. Watch the video on their website; it's short and shows how the floor jack slides out of the jackpoint jackstands. A neat invention. But I don't know if it'll work for the C8.

And when it comes to a 4-post lift, the jackpoints on the C8 are too near the edges of the car, so they are directly above the ramps used the drive the car onto. I've looked into using the shortest 2-bag pneumatic jack, but once you insert the jack pucks into the slots, there's only a few inches of clearance so not enough space to put any kind of pneumatic jack underneath the jack pucks. So I've given up trying to raise my C8 up, while parked on the 4-post lift (ie. to change tires). I think the only solution is to have the C8 on the garage floor/ground and use a low profile jack. Then if you want to raise up multiple wheels at the same time, perhaps (?) use the jackpoint jackstands? I know others have used regular jackstands under the struts below the wheels, but I question if those struts can take the weight safely and also how solid that is, so I'd prefer to rely on the C8 jackpoints and not a potentially wobbly jackstand on a strut.

I welcome comments from others on what else to do, to safely raise the C8 to get more than one wheel at a time off the ground.
Ahh, OK. That makes more sense.

Regarding the 4 post hoist. You actually want the jack points to be over the ramps so you can jack it up using a low profile floor jack. I haven't tried it but if a floor jack with puck goes under the car then it will work. I have a tray that goes under the car and was wondering if a bottle jack would work, so I guess that answers that question.

I'll resurrect this thread with a question: does anyone know if the "jackpoint jackstands" work with a C8 and if so, what should you purchase from them? The "recessed pad" that works with the C7? It looks like a good idea for the C8 which has so few jack points. Here's their website:

WOW, what a cool product! They look like they would be perfect for the C8! I don't see why they wouldn't work. He mentioned you get one aluminum top plate included with each jack and can buy other plates for your desired configuration. Their web site show different plate configurations and I can see a few different configurations that would work, especially if you already have a set of C8 jack pads.
My concern would be more if the trolly jack you currently own would work with those stands. After jacking the car up, you need to slide that base around your trolly jack?
The only other drawback I can see is the price. In the review with Jay Leno, he says they are $299.USD a pair but their web site shows a price of $319.USD ... and of course they are coming from the US so maybe extra duty and taxes?
Very interesting though.
Thanks for sharing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.