Oh geez. This is news to me! Thank you EJ, Axe.

.... I am leaning towards Rruuff's solution.... :Cheers2:

Tip if you do Dik. Nice slow taper for the entry ramp and glue or staple that non-slip liner material to the bottom to keep them from sliding forward as you drive up to them. First time is tricky to get them in the right spots and aligned square. I drew guidelines for positioning after I got them right the first time. Easy breezy now.

Those are Race Ramps brand flatstoppers. I looked at them for about $280.00 US for the wider Vette tires. Made my own from some scrap lumber and 2" styrofoam insulation I had kicking around for about $0.28 US... 4 years now and they work great ...Yeah... they ain't pretty but the leftover change was....lol....

View attachment 32296
What a great idea, i'm going to make some!!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Tip if you do Dik. Nice slow taper for the entry ramp and glue or staple that non-slip liner material to the bottom to keep them from sliding forward as you drive up to them. First time is tricky to get them in the right spots and aligned square. I drew guidelines for positioning after I got them right the first time. Easy breezy now.
What a great idea, i'm going to make some!!

Here's a better look at my home-made tire pads... Only thing I would have done different (and I may remodel them a bit this fall), is flatten the drive up taper a bit... Last pic is the non-slip stuff on the bottom. I don't have a patent on these so no royalties involved.. Unless you want to of course.... :rofl:

DSCN9987.JPG

DSCN9986.JPG

DSCN9988.JPG

How wide ? About 16-18" for some wiggle room.

Any of the stryrofoams would work in my opinion. Mine is the lower density white but it seems to hold up well. Just happened to be what I had laying around. Mine is 14" wide but 16 to 18 would be better as first time around, i was on and off a few times to get all 4 tires in the right place. Once I had it right, I black markered the corners on the concrete... All good now...

Reactions: Roughrider
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.