xlr8r

Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Glad I did this yesterday, as it's snowing again today--somebody tell mother nature to lay-off the crack-pipe please!:swear:

Anyways, the 'Vette was picked-up by a friendly guy from Morretto Motorsportz yesterday to get my headers installed and a tune. I'm looking into the availability of more cash for a few other goodies, but we'll see. I have a deck to build.

Anyways, Ryan--my technician--said he'll be dynoing my car (both before and after header/exhaust/tune work is completed). Any guess as to what kind of gains I will expect? My car is bone-stock other than this--it's never even been tuned.

I'm thinking 30-40 horses to the rear wheels is a fair expectation. Anyone want to venture another guess?:driving:

I've asked them to save the graphs (before and after) for posting on this site later on.:coolgleam:

I'll also make a sound-clip of the exhaust once it gets a little warmer out.

Cheers,

Vince.

Tough to guess but If yours gets the same treatment as mine with Manny's tune and LG headers and exhaust system, you'll probably see around 20'ish on your LS-2.

Vince I've just done a little rough calculation on my car output b4 and after mods. Here's what I figured:

... From the factory at the crank= 436. subtracting 20% for driveline loss (mine is an automatic) nets me about 349 to the wheels.

With an intake, tune, and LG headers and exhaust system including high flow cats and X-pipe it baseline dyno'd at 372 -- I figured a pretty good pickup of 23 realistic ponies to the wheels, and more importantly about 38 ft lbs more torque to the wheels). -- that's all on my LS-3. I have to figure that your LS-2 won't be far behind if at all.

I'll go out on a limb and say 20 rwhp and 35 rw ft.lbs. for your dyno, which to my mind would be commendable.

Good luck and I hope you put fresh premium gas in. I had last Nov.'s gas in and we had to drain and refill with good juice or the comp would take timing out and yield less ponies.

Actually having thought about it, my baseline was done with last Nov's gas in it and it pulled timing......so probably would have yielded a little more hp and torque with fresh gas. -- In any case yours will have fresh gas in for both b4 and after numbers.

20 hp and 35 ft. lbs. at the wheels.

I'm sure this will prompt others to take a stab....... :D

Colin.

Thanks Colin.

I used stabilizer, but still have last year's gas in the car. Should I tell them to drain the car and bring it some new gas? I never thought about this making a significant difference, but I see your point.

Remembeer, I'm also getting a tune for the first time on the car as well--I thought a tune alone would boost the output a little as well--not just adding the new exhaust system.

Good thoughts Colin, Thanks!

Vince.

Thanks Colin.

I used stabilizer, but still have last year's gas in the car. Should I tell them to drain the car and bring it some new gas? I never thought about this making a significant difference, but I see your point.

Remember, I'm also getting a tune for the first time on the car as well--I thought a tune alone would boost the output a little as well--not just adding the new exhaust system.

Good thoughts Colin, Thanks!

Vince.

I did with mine -- I didn't feel good about doing a dyno on stale gas, and wanted to know what the engine was capable of on fresh gas, so Manny and boys pumped it out carefully thru the fuel rails. As you know the gas tank per se is split and difficult to siphon. Much easier to pump it out thru the front.

A stabilizer won't keep gas up on octane as far as I know -- just keep it from sludging up the fuel system.

Probably depends on how aggressive the tune is and size of piping and whatnot......as to what you'll realize in hp and tq to the wheels.

Fresh gas will make a diff I'm sure and you won't want the computer pulling timing either.

For sure the tune will boost output by some. To my mind the whole list of mods will net you 20'ish hp and 30'ish ft lbs. but it's just a stab in the dark.
You'll see ...... For sure you'll notice it in the SOTP.

The baseline will be good to compare to any further mods if and when they come along so I would say it's fairly important to know. Unfortunately I didn't get a baseline b4 the exhaust system.

Let us know how it proceeds Vince. and g/l
I bet you'll be very happy with the results....

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.