Dec 8, 2019
VetteCoins
I've been waiting for a long time for a C8 and recently have been getting contacted by dealers in BC & AB for cars which have been declined by customers. Are things finally returning back to normal? I was offered a 2LT Z51 today at MSRP but like the other ones I rejected, it was in a color which I do not like (ruby tint). This one surprisingly had decent options like comp seats while the others were base spec export specials (1LT, red brake calipers, red seat belts, etc).

I had a F-150 Lightning order down as well but the prices have shot up significantly and my dealer has 6 in stock just sitting there along with all sorts of other pickup trucks. This was not the case 4-5 months ago as the lot was completely empty. For shits and giggles, I did a nationwide search in the US and you can pretty much find any C8 you desire to be picked up on the same day at MSRP.

Here's to hoping I can finally own a C8 in 2023 having been waiting since 2020.

I've been waiting for a long time for a C8 and recently have been getting contacted by dealers in BC & AB for cars which have been declined by customers. Are things finally returning back to normal? I was offered a 2LT Z51 today at MSRP but like the other ones I rejected, it was in a color which I do not like (ruby tint). This one surprisingly had decent options like comp seats while the others were base spec export specials (1LT, red brake calipers, red seat belts, etc).

I had a F-150 Lightning order down as well but the prices have shot up significantly and my dealer has 6 in stock just sitting there along with all sorts of other pickup trucks. This was not the case 4-5 months ago as the lot was completely empty. For shits and giggles, I did a nationwide search in the US and you can pretty much find any C8 you desire to be picked up on the same day at MSRP.

Here's to hoping I can finally own a C8 in 2023 having been waiting since 2020.
If it has your options, take the ruby tint and have it wrapped the colour you want. Easy breezy and you get your car.

If it has your options, take the ruby tint and have it wrapped the colour you want. Easy breezy and you get your car.

A wrap is $4-5,000 if you want all painted areas done otherwise it looks like a hack job. And a wrap is not the same as actual paint and looks off. I know I wouldn't be happy and I'm not spending $120,000 to hide something.

A wrap is $4-5,000 if you want all painted areas done otherwise it looks like a hack job. And a wrap is not the same as actual paint and looks off. I know I wouldn't be happy and I'm not spending $120,000 to hide something.

Then I guess your long time wait will be getting longer. Was just a suggestion.

Definitely call around as it looks like the market is changing rapidly now. Lux tax and vehicle loan interest rates are killing the car market at the moment. I know of a new 23 2LT Red Mist in Calgary that was offered up...
It appears he is looking for a colour besides what he calls "ruby tint" although I have no idea what colour that is. I'm thinking he doesn't like the red mist metallic but who knows.

I personally think the Red Mist looks awesome!
I agree! That's my torch red behind it for comparison.

1674405621115.png

I agree! That's my torch red behind it for comparison.

View attachment 104755
maybe on a Malibu, but not exotic enough for a C8. If I had my way all C8s would have to be touch red, rapid blue, or accelerate yellow.

actually I would go further and say that all 1LTs should be Accelerate yellow with black interior, 2LTs should be Torch red with red interior, and 3LTs should be Rapid Blue on 2 tone blue interior

also Mag ride would be included in Z51 package.

maybe on a Malibu, but not exotic enough for a C8. If I had my way all C8s would have to be touch red, rapid blue, or accelerate yellow.

actually I would go further and say that all 1LTs should be Accelerate yellow with black interior, 2LTs should be Torch red with red interior, and 3LTs should be Rapid Blue on 2 tone blue interior

also Mag ride would be included in Z51 package.
I have to laugh. What's the saying... "all Corvettes are red"?
Pictures don't do red mist justice. It really sparkles.
The C8 is exotic enough in looks being mid engine, but I disagree. Rapid blue is way too plain for the C8 IMO.
But hey, vive la difference

Reactions: DenisC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.