That Red Mist has a soft and sore spot with me all at the same time. It was my first color choice, and did not even want to look at anything else (so compliments to those who have it). However I also found that the perfectly angled pics under the sun, the nice media marketing shots with lighting, really make the color look amazing and deep. I then visited Ciocca, and not only was I underwhelmed but so was my family (told them to pick whatever they liked). Again, I think it is a lighting thing, it even looked nicer outdoors than indoors.

And am not just picking on Red Mist, same goes for Hypersonic Grey, was my top 3 color choice, and I dropped it when I saw it in person, had a bit too much green for my liking and looked a little flat from a distance.

Each one of us will have excuses for why we love and hate one of these colours. But then, when I saw some of the marketing pics for the E-Ray, well of course I fell in love with Red Mist again.

Conclusion, I need a psychologist at this point, I need to talk thru my color issues with someone !!
(still waiting patiently since April and Aug 2021, should get the call shortly in coming 2-3 months)

Attachments

• FD394C49-21AF-4BCC-8A2E-336636BB19BF.jpeg
    FD394C49-21AF-4BCC-8A2E-336636BB19BF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • C0E91CE6-924B-412C-B4D9-19941C425A7F.jpeg
    C0E91CE6-924B-412C-B4D9-19941C425A7F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 9F1CEC6A-2579-4474-81E4-29251868EFEF.jpeg
    9F1CEC6A-2579-4474-81E4-29251868EFEF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
Still waiting for Corvette to be available in acid green or lime green. A la Lambo style. Suits the C8 very well.

i only went with yellow till something brighter comes along. Been waiting 30 years for GM to wake up.

Reactions: Red Devil
Dealer on the island called and asked if I want a 3LT non Z51 on the ground for MSRP. If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I can get you in touch with the salesman. This is the 6th car I've declined because of the damn color.
Out of curiosity, what colour is it and what colour do you want?

It's that green/greyish color. I would be happy with white, black, or torch red. Maybe the elkhart blue would work as well.
I’m surprised you’re not able to find one of those colours- they are pretty popular, especially the torch red. I have the ELB and love it- it’s not as in your face as the other blue. Some people like the really bright colours, but I find the car attracts enough attention. Not sure what interior colour you want. My interior is beige and black which I really like. I did think about the all beige interior but happy I didn’t do it- lots of reflection in the windshield.

Reactions: scraze66
I’m surprised you’re not able to find one of those colours- they are pretty popular, especially the torch red. I have the ELB and love it- it’s not as in your face as the other blue. Some people like the really bright colours, but I find the car attracts enough attention. Not sure what interior colour you want. My interior is beige and black which I really like. I did think about the all beige interior but happy I didn’t do it- lots of reflection in the windshield.

You have good taste! This was my last Corvette which I regrettably sold to get a C8. What a mistake that was.

3.jpg

Friend received an allocation who was going to sell the car immediately when it arrived for a profit. Begged him to let me have it since I don't think he'll be making squat after BC taxes. He ghosted the dealership who built a 2LT non-Z51 convertible on his behalf for a staggering $113,000 and it has been accepted by GM. He's not even taking the car and keep in mind most BC dealers don't take any more deposits on the C8 since they are backed up by at least 5 years. What an idiot.

If the order has been accepted, is there any way to change it?

Friend received an allocation who was going to sell the car immediately when it arrived for a profit. Begged him to let me have it since I don't think he'll be making squat after BC taxes. He ghosted the dealership who built a 2LT non-Z51 convertible on his behalf for a staggering $113,000 and it has been accepted by GM. He's not even taking the car and keep in mind most BC dealers don't take any more deposits on the C8 since they are backed up by at least 5 years. What an idiot.

If the order has been accepted, is there any way to change it?
Nope.

• Haha
Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
I have to laugh. What's the saying... "all Corvettes are red"?
Pictures don't do red mist justice. It really sparkles.
The C8 is exotic enough in looks being mid engine, but I disagree. Rapid blue is way too plain for the C8 IMO.
But hey, vive la difference
I believe the saying is originally, "All Ferraris are red".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.