• Keep It

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Scrap it

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • I like pie

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
I like cake ... What time is it ?

DST is a real PITA with Cuckoo & Grandfather Clocks and Rolex & Atomic Timepieces
of which it can sometimes feel like a roll of the dice with hope that nothing goes wrong by tinkering with them

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I'll have to look for this

or maybe make my own in my series of

yyssw1.jpg

29261063_10213062197527858_6970372514249703424_n.jpg

I hate the time change, especially in the spring. I have been in a very dark depressive state, and I was finally starting to feel a little bit of reprieve by watching the sun rise with my morning coffee. Now I'm back in the dark again, and I can just feel it dragging me down.

I like peach pie.

Reactions: YFCvii
My brother had a float plane. He used to say that there was nothing more useless than lake behind you when taking off. He wanted as much lake as possible ahead of him just in case something went wrong. He had one magneto go bad one time just after leaving our cottage and circled back. Another time, we were flying just west of Lake Wennebagon south of Chapleau, Ontario when we started to smell oil. The gear driven generator had seized and the drive gear end broke off and punched out through the housing. Oil was splashing out and had the whole bottom of the plane oiled front to back. Fortunately for us we were almost to the lake that we were going to. We ended up pulling the engine and bringing it home in the back of a truck for repairs, took it back up a few weeks later, installed it and flew the plane home. Nothing more useless than land that you can't step out and walk on too. I stick to cars now as does my brother. we like good old terra ferma.

I hate the time change, especially in the spring. I have been in a very dark depressive state, and I was finally starting to feel a little bit of reprieve by watching the sun rise with my morning coffee. Now I'm back in the dark again, and I can just feel it dragging me down.
I like peach pie.

You are not alone in this initial week of DST start-in-the-dark-again thing... :bored:
Kinda wondered if staying up an extra hour with a balance of sleeping in an hour would help :rolleyes:

on the grateful side - Many here may also admit to being on the same edge of Spring-forward despair these past few days
on the bad side - My week is not "normal" too and I'm feeling the clock is really "an hour ago" and that I'm the monkey just stepping up one rung to slip back two (or whatever)
on the good side - Thank god for that "live" perpetual "wood" thread derailing the other night on our CCF ... Eric Freeman Teak Wheel - does it need any maintenance?
on the grateful side - Even though it did take someone to tag me to wake up and participate (thx @ddgermann )
on the hopeful side - I'll have a change of pace tomorrow and gonna go to YYC Auto Show that should help to end this dim work-week
on the bad side - $15 for parking - argh
on the potential of concern side - We are taking my teen Daughter with us to "try some things on" for spec & size & feel
and the awesome side - At least it's not shopping for clothes and a hairdo for her ... and double the pain when her Mother joins in :nailbiting:

just making Time Count and not Counting the Time - M. Ali

Reactions: ddgermann
Daylight Savings Time? :D
All I know about DST is that the tv programs all shift around and screw up your schedule....however, now that I don't have TV, it hasn't changed my life one bit. It's nice not having it, so I don't know why it's so beneficial in other areas.
I like my TV for Hockey,Formula 1 racing and Indycar racing. Other than that,there really isn’t too much on TV worth watching. Although,season 2 of “The Handmaids Tale” begins April 29 and I’ll watch that.

Oh I just got it ... I've been hung up on this DST thing ... maybe this thread is ...
Is There Anything More Useless Than...

A flawed "Habit" or "Plan" ...
thinking that testing the battery for your "Glimmering Super Speedboat" is "checked off" the "Spring Preparation List" by just installing and Beeping the Horn :joyful:
... only to find that there's not enough crank power once you are launched and floating independently 20 feet off shore :Banghead:
... followed by swallowing one's pride because "Check that Paddle is in Storage Compartment" was also checked off ...:Shamefullyembarrased: :bag:

Reactions: ddgermann
All I know about DST is that the tv programs all shift around and screw up your schedule....however, now that I don't have TV, it hasn't changed my life one bit. It's nice not having it, so I don't know why it's so beneficial in other areas.
.... but without TV, who's gonna remind you about DST? Especially when the smoke detectors just stopped beeping their nuisance "DST is coming soon reminder" a week ago ...
or wait ... maybe that was a low battery warning from them ? Gonna have to check the internet on my Smart TV ... but wait ... I don't have one ... :D

Last edited:

We shut our satellite TV down over 9 years ago. The wife has her DVDs. I don't watch TV at all. I can get more than enough of what I want to watch on the internet. I can hook my laptop to my TV if I want a big screen to view. Now, when I do see someone's TV, it just reminds me that we made the right decision all those years ago.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06

I like peach pie.

Sounds like more peach pie in the morning is warranted.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread