Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Daylight saving time? I have no idea why this stone age idea is still in place. The negatives are well known, accidents, stress, health and I heard the other day that prison sentences given on the day after are on average 5% higher than any other day. That would be my luck.

I find, especially the fall, that it just upsets up my internal clock terribly. Takes me weeks to get back on track.

What say you? Am I missing something?

Reactions: YFCvii
I voted to scrap it but unlike you Murray. I find the spring change screws me up more than the fall. For the most part,it takes me a week or so to adjust. Doesn’t really affect my sleep a lot as I only get 5/6 hours a night at best.

But,I like apple pie. :Party:

We tried to scrap it here last summer but it got squashed in government. A lot of opposition from sports teams.... Seems they had a say that counted... Would like to see an Alberta poll for all but that will never happen.... Murray. Between you guys and Quebec, you have 96.83% of the votes that control the entire country anyway.... How about getting the Feds to abolish the time change nation wide..... :Cheers2: :canada: :Hurray::Party:or are we just :Beatdeadhorse:

It’s looking like we should all head over to our local grocery stores and buy pies !! Maybe that will distract from the hour we lose in the morning...... I’m craving pumpkin myself today.

Reactions: Riley P
Daylight saving time? I have no idea why this stone age idea is still in place. The negatives are well known, accidents, stress, health and I heard the other day that prison sentences given on the day after are on average 5% higher than any other day. That would be my luck.

I find, especially the fall, that it just upsets up my internal clock terribly. Takes me weeks to get back on track.

What say you? Am I missing something?

Thirteen years on the graveyard shift messed up my body clock, so this has no real effect. I do like the long summer evenings for cruise nights and such. It may be dark at 5:00 PM in December but we aren't out in the cold anyway. If it were done away with, no one would probably much notice it at all.

Never really thought about it to much. It's one of those things you just do when the guy of tv tells you it's time. Loosing or gaining an hour never bothered me. It can stay for me.
I like cream pies.

Reactions: ddgermann
In a throwback to true democracy the Canadian Corvette Forum has voted on the Daylight Savings Time issue. By a vote of 13 to 8 in favour of abolishing the DSL Justing Trudeau will announce in parliament tomorrow that he will move forward on our request. While I am not sure what it has to do with anything 12 people like pie.

Justin in his Father Time Costume

man-wearing-old-father-time-costume-at-notting-hill-carnival-london-A08MH2.jpg
images-1.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
images-3.jpeg

I like pie......Never understood the whole time change thing. Grew up right on the east side of Alberta and it never made sense. I have lived in Saskatchewan now for 15 years and love not changing. Now if just everyone else would not change so I don't have to remember it at all!

Surprised to be the first Sask response here.

T

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
In a throwback to true democracy the Canadian Corvette Forum has voted on the Daylight Savings Time issue. By a vote of 13 to 8 in favour of abolishing the DSL Justing Trudeau will announce in parliament tomorrow that he will move forward on our request. While I am not sure what it has to do with anything 12 people like pie.

Justin in his Father Time Costume

View attachment 15237 View attachment 15238 View attachment 15239 View attachment 15240

I'll take a couple of pieces of strawberry-rhubarb pie with ice cream. The time doesn't matter for that, breakfast, dinner or supper.

Users who are viewing this thread