I have the ZF1 option on a base car, love it. Did go with a 2LT , NPP exhaust , visible CF roof.

ry%3D480

My take is the base C7 is still one helluva machine. After that, you are merely adding to the factory available amount of awesome you want to apply. If you are a cruiser, the 1LT base is ample. Gonna track the car? You have to go with the Z51 in my books. Iffin' ya just gotta have the most power and capability available, then double the base price and get the Z06 with all its toys (Z07). If interior is your bag, that's where the 3LT and 3LZ come into play.

Take a hint from C7Jake. If you plan on doing mods of any significance, go with the base and throw the savings at the mods.

I have the Z51 2LT A8. I wanted the added capability of the Z51 even though I probably will not track the car. No plans to mod the car other than maybe some better breathing like a higher CFM cold air intake. I couldn't justify the added cost for the interior upgrades of 3LT though. The Z06 is just outta my price league plain and simple. I already have added austerity meals to my food budget to afford the Z51. Can you say KD and weenies?
:canada:

My take is the base C7 is still one helluva machine. After that, you are merely adding to the factory available amount of awesome you want to apply. If you are a cruiser, the 1LT base is ample. Gonna track the car? You have to go with the Z51 in my books. Iffin' ya just gotta have the most power and capability available, then double the base price and get the Z06 with all its toys (Z07). If interior is your bag, that's where the 3LT and 3LZ come into play.

Take a hint from C7Jake. If you plan on doing mods of any significance, go with the base and throw the savings at the mods.

I have the Z51 2LT A8. I wanted the added capability of the Z51 even though I probably will not track the car. No plans to mod the car other than maybe some better breathing like a higher CFM cold air intake. I couldn't justify the added cost for the interior upgrades of 3LT though. The Z06 is just outta my price league plain and simple. I already have added austerity meals to my food budget to afford the Z51. Can you say KD and weenies?
:canada:

The same goes for me. A few not too intrusive mods and beans only.:agree:

I checked what a base 1lt would cost me here in the states .With a military discount and GM employee discount I could drive it out the door for about $46,000 .Trust me with 150,000 miles on its resale value is about 20 % less than a loaded Z06 .Canadian market might be stronger .

i am just a cruiser and had enough with my accord...

the NPP, does it have a better looking exhaust tip? I do like the fact the exhaust note will be better though

I cannot compare to a non-NPP but I think the NPP tips look the same but are just a tad larger,

I cannot compare to a non-NPP but I think the NPP tips look the same but are just a tad larger,

I think you're right, 4 inch to 4.5 inch. Honestly, the NPP is getting mixed reviews. Some say they love it, allows them to change the sound, others say not needed as they like the louder sound. I will be deleting the NPP with the new exhaust, although I do like the sound changing ability. Go figure.:rolleyes:

stock 3.5"
NPP 3.5" flared to 4"
4.5" custom tips below

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're right, 4 inch to 4.5 inch. Honestly, the NPP is getting mixed reviews. Some say they love it, allows them to change the sound, others say not needed as they like the louder sound. I will be deleting the NPP with the new exhaust, although I do like the sound changing ability. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Potentially stupid question but have to ask... The base exhaust, is it just as loud as the NPP? Or is NPP louder? If louder, by how much? I like it sound good and loud :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.