Musabi13

Casual User
Apr 9, 2017
Sudbury, On
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Corvette Z06
Hi all!

I'm trying to figure out what the invoice pricing for the 2018 Corvettes are - specifically the Grand Sport (Coupe, non-vert). Googling has turned up nothing and I didn't see a previous thread on here discussing it. Any chance anyone has a lead on what the prices would be?

Thanks!

Hello Musabi. Other than the Color Selections, I have been "hinted" by two Alberta GM Dealer General Managers that 2018 pricing will not be much different. In cases, we may see on-lot selections with better pricing as a few more things might be optional than previously and be able to be removed from allotments. I've lurked around some USA Dealer Websites and have seen "late-delivery" 2017 Z06 in the USA without ground effects as an example. They actually look a little strange this way ... but ... hope it helps.

two examples of new Z06 - 2017 with no ground effects and who knows what else ???

(and here's the no longer produced Sterling Blue Metallic)
15542884700x650.jpg
2017 Chevrolet Corvette for sale in Whitefish - 1G1YU2D65H5603650 - Don K Whitefish

15542855075x650.jpg
2017 Chevrolet Corvette for sale in Whitefish - 1G1YU2D67H5604637 - Don K Whitefish

Yes I did also hear that the MSRP for the new 2018's won't change much from the 2017's but I guess what I am getting at is what the dealer actually pays for the car (invoice) compared to what they sell the car for (MSRP). No one wants to pay full price for a car so I'm just trying to figure out how much the dealership will actually be buying the car for. I'm ordering it from the factory and not waiting until I see something off the lot so I can't really shop around, just haggle with the sales team.

For instance my girlfriend just bought a Honda CR-V. The MSRP was X and the invoice was Y and the difference was Z (which was about $4k). We bargained down to Y + $1000 so 1k over invoice. I found a bunch of places online showing the invoice prices for the CR-V's but I can't find anything for Corvettes sadly :( I'm hoping to do something similar here! Does that make any sense?

Hi all!

I'm trying to figure out what the invoice pricing for the 2018 Corvettes are - specifically the Grand Sport (Coupe, non-vert). Googling has turned up nothing and I didn't see a previous thread on here discussing it. Any chance anyone has a lead on what the prices would be?

Thanks!

Hi Musabi13:

In my experience, the best source for invoice pricing is carcostcanada.com. For $30.00 you can build and price up to 5 vehicles. I did this last year for my SUV and again this fall for a 2018 Z51. The dealer profit margin is 10.8% for the vehicle and 10 - 12% for the options. I know that it's accurate because the dealer that I'm working actually showed me the invoice pricing. It was dead on.

If you want to build and price a 2018 Corvette go to 2018 Corvette Stingray | Sports Car | Chevrolet Canada. It's been up for a while now. Hope this helps.

Best regards
Ross

Reactions: ddgermann
Unless you are getting GM Employee pricing, you aren't going to find a dealer to sell you a 2018 for invoice price, which is about 10% off MSRP. The best you'll probably find is about 5% off MSRP. Your best chance at 10% off is going to be on a leftover 2017 but even then that is rare right now (maybe in the winter it will be more common but then the selection of 2017s is way less too)

I've lurked around some USA Dealer Websites and have seen "late-delivery" 2017 Z06 in the USA without ground effects as an example
Is it possible that the dealer has not installed the side skirts and front splitter on these cars? for 2017 all GS and Z06 came with short side skirts and splitter either in the trunk or shipped to the dealer.

Reactions: YFCvii
Is it possible that the dealer has not installed the side skirts and front splitter on these cars? for 2017 all GS and Z06 came with short side skirts and splitter either in the trunk or shipped to the dealer.
had no idea ... and to have it not installed when in the showroom ... haven't actually seen that before until now

Installation of both items was on the PDI list I got with my car and the dealer checked both off. If this dealer decided not to install the skirts and splitter I wonder what else they didn't do when the cars came off the truck? :eek::Confused5::eek:

I think it depends. If it's not a pre-sold car, then some dealers wait for the lot-car to be sold before installing anything. This is to avoid re-work i.e. installing the 3/4 side skirts and base splitter and taking it all off if someone opts to install aero2/3 package on the lot car...

Wow thanks everyone for the overwhelming response!

I usually can get GM Employee pricing on vehicles (I did on my Sierra) but for the Corvette they won't do it for you. I'll just have to try to reach a good deal with them. I know that I won't be able to get invoice pricing (which is fine) but I don't want to pay MSRP either. It's good to know that invoice is about 10% off of the MSRP and I can go from there.

Thanks again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.