repost.jpg

http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.c...ti-veyron-corvette-zr1.html?highlight=bugatti

Seen that last week on the Mustang forum, immediately thought"hoax". Unless someone needed to show a loss at someones gain! :confused:

Well I agree that the veyron is obviously a wicked ride but really... In comparison to other exotic cars, it would be pretty hard to live with and maintain on a daily basis even if you are rick and don't car about money. There are a few people that I have heard of that got rid of their veyron's (namely Jenson Button from formula 1 for starters).

What with all the publicity surrounding the car and the amount of vids and pics, I have to admit that I get a bigger rush out of seeing vids and pics of vettes and ferrari's more...
[mob][/mob]

I agree^^ Wicked ride but Id rather a vette! Oh and dont forget about the 1.4 or so million $$ difference in dinero. I may believe he traded for 10 Vettes or 25 mustangs.

No more layers. The original story said that the dealer lined up a buyer for the Veyron before the trade of the ZR-1 and some cash.

"All American Chevrolet of Midland, Texas just made the mother-of-all-trades when it accepted a Euro-bombing 2008 Bugatti Veyron with just 2,307 miles for an unabashedly American Corvette ZR1 and some cash. Since a new Veyron lists for about $1.6 million and a used one still costs in the range of $1.4 to $3.6 million depending on condition, trim, and rarity, the dealership told us they wouldn't accept the trade-in until they lined up a buyer, which they did. A new Corvette ZR1, by comparison, starts at around $107,000.

And while the Corvette ZR1 only does 0-to-60 MPH in 3.3 seconds with a top speed of 205 MPH, compared to a 253 MPH top speed and 2.4-second 0-to-60 time, it doesn't cost more to run the ZR1 than to operate a private jet. Chalk that up in the win column because it certainly does with the Bugatti. Also, the Bugatti doesn't have the righteousness of an American-built supercar.

UPDATE: The Bugatti traded in belonged to Carlton Beal, Jr., who runs a petroleum company in Midland Texas. He's previously owned a Lamborghini Diablo and McLaren F1 but, despite this, a friend of his describes him as an "amazing down-to-earth person." We'd imagine if you've sampled a Veyron, Diablo and F1 you'd be interested in also trying an American-made car that can compete with them."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.