Featured Thread
I still do Murray.
Every time,
Yep, marbles. I remember that game played in the school yard in Saskatoon. Crystals, steelies and then there were those giant ones that I can't recall the name of.
I think that they called the big marbles Dutchie Bonkers on something like that when I was a kid. Marbles were far and few between for us, mostly what were found on the ground.

Reactions: XFIRE82
3 holes and poison , I played so much marbles I had a grove worn in my thumb nail . On the school bus everyday we played Kaiser and sometimes tackle football. I had a yo-yo in my pocket , was the best in school .....rock the baby , round the world , over the falls , spank the baby , walk the dog , etc I could do them all .

Reactions: hemicat
Horse drawn milk wagon that made the deliveries. We lived in Nova Scotia and also had a fish delivery truck that came around the neighborhood a couple times a week.
My uncle on my mothers side drove a bread/milk delivery truck *(Butternut Bakery and Lane’s Bakery) in Moncton and Dieppe back in the late 60s. Fun thing about that was discovering a company called “Vachon” and their treats. I learnt to love Jos Louis cakes and chocolate milk quite early.

* Mom just provided those bakery names.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I remember a lot of the memories mentioned here like milk deliveries in bottles (my mother still has one of the bottles). We would have to leave the empty bottle outside for the delivery guy. Riding in the back seat with a whole crew of us (seatbelts??) but my favourite was riding in the back of pickups to go somewhere. When the TV went on the fritz, dad would take the back off to check the tubes, take out the ones he thought were faulty and we would 'walk' to the local hardware shop where they had a tube tester. When he found the faulty one, he would purchase a new one and we would walk back home. My mother still bakes her own bread (at 80 years young) and I think one of the best smells going is just as it comes out of the oven. There are a lot of things about the days growing up I certainly don't miss, but there are others I would love to experience again.

Man oh man..... I just finished reading the responses to the topic and boy we all seem to have shared in some common ground, memories and similarities. Hum, sadly, I dont reflect on those days as often as I should. This has been an interesting and fun walk down memory lane....... un ringrazio a tutti voi! :Cheers2:

prego signor Paul
:Cheers2:

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.