I had the intellibeam wor,ing when I got tne car and since I dimmed them myself I can't bet them to work again. I read the OM but I may not understand correctly because it didn't work.
Can anybody help ?
Also very disapointed the cruise is NOT adaptative 😒
Maybe something here ..

Put the headlights in Auto or On mode, cover the light sensor on the centre dash (where the red security system "on" light flashes) with something solid to make the car think it's dark or night, then push the left steering wheel lever forward (same one that controls the headlights) and release, twice in quick succession. It shouldn't require this much drama, but try it.
What (the hell) have you got to lose?
(It also won't light up the headlights during the day in Auto mode, fyi. Maybe you knew that?)

• Informative
Reactions: 1st Vette
Well how about this. Pay attention to your surroundings while driving...
I do it's not about driving carelessly. I hate to have to dismiss the CC when a slow driver is ahead of me, it's much more pleasant just to leave the CC do the job until you have a safe place to pass. Also when you follow a driver that is not steady on his speed.

I do long trips like 7 hours in a remote area where the road are 2 lane opposing traffic and hard to pass in some area and i like to relax my leg. There is a cruise control and it's there to be used and because ALL the sensors are there it makes NO SENS not to be adaptative. The Chevy pick-ups have it why not a highway touring car.

Reactions: Billclerm
I do long trips like 7 hours in a remote area where the road are 2 lane opposing traffic and hard to pass in some area and i like to relax my leg. There is a cruise control and it's there to be used and because ALL the sensors are there it makes NO SENS not to be adaptative. The Chevy pick-ups have it why not a highway touring car.
You can probably get one, in aftermarket sales.

Write GM about your concerns, or buy a Tesla CyberCab...

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: MKC8 and LE BARON
It already have the CC, just not adaptative.
Tadge was quoted (paraphrasing) as saying they didn't think people who drive performance cars would want the extra cost for it so they didn't bother.

Reactions: MKC8
Murr, we drive performance cars. Godguy drives a highway touring car...
I have a C8 and an E63AMG- arguably both are performance cars. When I drive from Thunder Bay to Toronto- 15hrs- on single lane highways for the majority of the drive, following 18 wheelers doing 110kph on the straights and then down to 70kph on the hills, it certainly is nice to have adaptive cruise control in the E63. And the power to pass in both cars is also very nice

Reactions: carbuff and MKC8
I have a C8 and an E63AMG- arguably both are performance cars. When I drive from Thunder Bay to Toronto- 15hrs- on single lane highways for the majority of the drive, following 18 wheelers doing 110kph on the straights and then down to 70kph on the hills, it certainly is nice to have adaptive cruise control in the E63. And the power to pass in both cars is also very nice
I have been wondering, although I’ve never used “ adaptive cruise “ , what all the fuss is about given that one tap and the vehicle returns to the set speed. Mind you it can strain the thumb… :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
I have been wondering, although I’ve never used “ adaptive cruise “ , what all the fuss is about given that one tap and the vehicle returns to the set speed. Mind you it can strain the thumb… :rolleyes:
The “set speed” , if you read and understood what I said, is constantly changing every 2 minutes. For 15 hours. Hence the term “adaptive”. Unless you do the drive, you won’t get it.

Reactions: carbuff