That is what I am saying, aftermarket, adaptive! I read that you can add it , later. Maybe not all cars but check it out or call your dealership but they probably will not know.
I saw an Infomercial last night. The unit is made by Ronco™. Apparently you just "set it and forget it"...

Tadge was quoted (paraphrasing) as saying they didn't think people who drive performance cars would want the extra cost for it so they didn't bother.
This seems like a cop out. In 2017 I bought a new Mazda 3 for my son, cost less than $30K and it has adaptive cruise. In 2014 My in-laws bought a new 2014 Nissan Sentra for less than $25K with adaptive cruise. So unless GM uses some weird combination of rare earth metals, molybdenum, lasers and other world technology, it really should not be more than a couple hundred bucks extra for the technology.

Reactions: Noreplacement
The “set speed” , if you read and understood what I said, is constantly changing every 2 minutes. For 15 hours. Hence the term “adaptive”. Unless you do the drive, you won’t get it.
I hear you, but to stay awake I prefer to be in control. If my leg gets tired, which it does, I just either adjust the set speed with the thumb wheel or turn it off and back on again with my hand. Easy Peasy.
I remember when they came out with CC people setting it thinking it was autonomous. and getting in accidents. Likely urban legends but nonetheless one can understand how one can become complacent.
... and yes, the cost is likely minimal, but the engineering to make it happen is a lot more and they had other things to accomplish. Which they did.
Did I not hear it was supposed to come on the '25's? I guess not.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
The “set speed” , if you read and understood what I said, is constantly changing every 2 minutes. For 15 hours. Hence the term “adaptive”. Unless you do the drive, you won’t get it.
Try driving in Quebec , where these drivers use the left lane for cruising or are afraid to pass an 18 wheeler and block traffic for kms on end.

Try driving in Quebec , where these drivers use the left lane for cruising or are afraid to pass an 18 wheeler and block traffic for kms on end.
I grew up in the Abitibi region and learned to drive dans la belle Province. The joke was we drive with one hand on the horn and the other giving the finger out the window….

I'm with the adaptive cruise people. I drive in Saskatchewan. We try not to think at all during our drives. I just scan for deer and idiots pulling out of grid roads...

There is no real explanation why they wouldn't have designed it in from the start. I agree that it's a sports car, but it's almost a standard feature these days.

Reactions: Noreplacement
C'mon! Jack doesn't need to be handed a silver platter! ;)
I’m with Jack on this one . But for sure a topic with two distinct camps . I think I have used cruise in my truck maybe half a dozen times in 14 years. I find using your right foot keeps you more connected and attentive. And never use cruise if there are any slippery conditions such as black ice . It can be very dangerous.

I’m with Jack on this one . But for sure a topic with two distinct camps . I think I have used cruise in my truck maybe half a dozen times in 14 years. I find using your right foot keeps you more connected and attentive. And never use cruise if there are any slippery conditions such as black ice . It can be very dangerous.
I use cruise control all the time , even in town because I have a right foot problem, it is very heavy. :p

If you guys don’t like cruise control- wait till you see the Waymo cars! I’m in San Francisco right now, and these cars are completely autonomous. It’s quite disconcerting seeing a driverless car for the first time.
Be interesting to see what happens when 4 of them arrive at a 4 way stop and the exact same time. Without, obviously any eye contact , who gets to go first. Same in a really busy large parking lot. How many times have you made eye contact with other drivers to basically gesture ok you go ?

Be interesting to see what happens when 4 of them arrive at a 4 way stop and the exact same time. Without, obviously any eye contact , who gets to go first. Same in a really busy large parking lot. How many times have you made eye contact with other drivers to basically gesture ok you go ?
No different than cars with dark tint! The most aggressive car goes first. ;)