This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Insurance Renewal

I am relieved for you that you were able to find a suitable and reasonable remedy for your unpredictable predicament after the fact @Rick9456
There is so much fine print ... that even for myself ... I only got well tuned with the no-loss depreciation endorsement after the fact (& now pretty much revised on every annual renewal)
I pay a total sum variable and increasing amount of about $600 (this year) for no-loss on 5 vehicles for their first 5 years of ownership. I had to use it in 2012 and I was fortunate for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick9456
Hi...I see you're in Toronto, as am I. I just sold my 98 C5 (base) after 15 years, and was surprised that my new 2019 C7 was only like $100 more per year. I'm paying about $1,100/year for full coverage on the C7 through our regular broker/carrier for auto & home policies. Our family vehicles (late model Subaru Forester & Crosstrek) cost more than the Vette...but partly that could be due to the fact that I only drive about 2K's/year on it (I drive it daily for 8 months - mostly to my local GO train station, and then take everything off but fire & theft coverage while it's garaged in the winter...that knocks it down to $10/month for those months). My C7 is also a base model, so can't say what impact your Z06 has in comparison. One reason we've stuck with our broker for 30+ years is that they deal with all 15 or so major carriers in Ontario, and if the one we're with increases their rates, they will proactively shop around & come back with the best rates. I'm happy to provide you with a contact there if you have any interest in switching. Good luck