This came right out of the underwriters bible. Cars with the following modification may not be eligable for insurance.
All depends on your underwriter if they insure you. I was insured with Aviva until I found out I wasn't insured. Since went with TD.
They have no problem insuring modded cars, with a appraisal.
800.00 for my car.

Vehicles with substantial aftermarket modification for

enhanced speed or racing by either 1 of:

(a) Turbocharger

(b) Supercharger

(c) Nitrous system

OR

2 or more of:

(d) Interior roll cage

(e) Modification to ground clearance

(f) Modification to tire circumference, or the use of

tires especially designed for racing or speed (This

does not include the application of snow tires.)

(g) Any other engine modifications, including engine

swapping, designed to enhance speed
I am relieved for you that you were able to find a suitable and reasonable remedy for your unpredictable predicament after the fact @Rick9456
There is so much fine print ... that even for myself ... I only got well tuned with the no-loss depreciation endorsement after the fact (& now pretty much revised on every annual renewal)
I pay a total sum variable and increasing amount of about $600 (this year) for no-loss on 5 vehicles for their first 5 years of ownership. I had to use it in 2012 and I was fortunate for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick9456
Hi everyone, just received my insurance renewal for the year and my jaw dropped. 109% increase!!! I was paying about $1260 for the year so this is roughly a $1300 increase which is just ridiculous. No tickets, claims, changes in the past year and only the Vette increased, so this makes no sense to me. I've called my broker and waiting for him to get back to me--hoping it's a mistake or I'm in the market for a new insurer.
Have any of you seen significant changes to your policy? I'm particularly interested as I was talking to another Vette owner in the summer and I seem to recall him mentioning that he heard insurers were going to target policies with very high horsepower vehicles and increase premiums??
Hi...I see you're in Toronto, as am I. I just sold my 98 C5 (base) after 15 years, and was surprised that my new 2019 C7 was only like $100 more per year. I'm paying about $1,100/year for full coverage on the C7 through our regular broker/carrier for auto & home policies. Our family vehicles (late model Subaru Forester & Crosstrek) cost more than the Vette...but partly that could be due to the fact that I only drive about 2K's/year on it (I drive it daily for 8 months - mostly to my local GO train station, and then take everything off but fire & theft coverage while it's garaged in the winter...that knocks it down to $10/month for those months). My C7 is also a base model, so can't say what impact your Z06 has in comparison. One reason we've stuck with our broker for 30+ years is that they deal with all 15 or so major carriers in Ontario, and if the one we're with increases their rates, they will proactively shop around & come back with the best rates. I'm happy to provide you with a contact there if you have any interest in switching. Good luck :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.