I have never lived there. Do you find that the popular adage “ BC = bring cash “ holds true?
Probably the most expensive city to live in of all the Canadian cities.
I have never lived there. Do you find that the popular adage “ BC = bring cash “ holds true?
YES. Probable the most expensive place in Canada to live.

I was just thinking about this because my home insurance went up $400. I believe my deductible is $1000. My auto went up a bit too. Might need to shop around again
Always pays to shop around. When I used to insure two Goldwing motorcycles I used to end up changing insurers every 3-4 years as the market for motorcycle insurance was so volatile. With the Corvette I have found less expensive coverage than my current insurer for the Corvette in isolation but when I combine it with insurance for my daily driver (Porsche Macan) and my house insurance my current carrier (Northbridge via broker NFP Insurance) is still my best option

Always pays to shop around. When I used to insure two Goldwing motorcycles I used to end up changing insurers every 3-4 years as the market for motorcycle insurance was so volatile. With the Corvette I have found less expensive coverage than my current insurer for the Corvette in isolation but when I combine it with insurance for my daily driver (Porsche Macan) and my house insurance my current carrier (Northbridge via broker NFP Insurance) is still my best option

It does indeed. I've only been with Economical a year but I'm switching after these hikes. I called around couple weeks ago with zero luck but it just so happened my employer sent out an e-mail regarding Co-Operators and my discount blew Economical away

I was with TD Insurance since 2007 and was with another insurance broker for 33 years prior to that. I had one accident when I was 16 years old and have been accident free since then (over 50 years) as well only one highway traffic speeding fine, that being 14 years ago, so I would say I have a very clean driving record.

I paid my TD insurance premiums monthly, 12 months of the year with automatic withdrawal from my TD bank account. . In 2022 TD sent out my renewal policy in the mail after they withdrew the initial annual payment. My policy renews each May 01st however the first payment always occurs on April 01st. I noticed a healthy increase in my premiums but being a complacent Canadian (like most) I did nothing. The following year (2023) having again not received my policy renewal papers by the third week in March I phoned TD. My premiums were again going up rather significantly. Not only had I not received the paper policy renewal, my insurance account on the TD web site “did not” show the new policy details either. I told the agent that I felt that the delay in sending me my policy papers was deliberate as a way of TD being able to increase my premiums and relying on the fact that since I had already paid one months premium that I would simply continue to remain silent and remain a client/customer. He disputed my claim saying legally that TD is required to mail out policy renewals 30-60 days before the renewal date. My response was well if you send out the renewal policy 30 days before the renewal date, TD would already have obtained one months premium payment, to which he replied you could request a refund! That’s a joke! I reiterated that I believed TD was doing this purposefully as a mechanism to significantly raise rates and hope with the delay of mailing out the policy information that customers/clients would simply not shop around and would not leave!

I did shop around following that phone call with TD and I found a $1,200 savings with CAA by switching my Cadillac daily driver, my Corvette (occasional summer only), and my house. I then called back and cancelled my TD policy. My friend who was also with TD found similar savings with CAA as well.

I was with TD Insurance since 2007 and was with another insurance broker for 33 years prior to that. I had one accident when I was 16 years old and have been accident free since then (over 50 years) as well only one highway traffic speeding fine, that being 14 years ago, so I would say I have a very clean driving record.

I paid my TD insurance premiums monthly, 12 months of the year with automatic withdrawal from my TD bank account. . In 2022 TD sent out my renewal policy in the mail after they withdrew the initial annual payment. My policy renews each May 01st however the first payment always occurs on April 01st. I noticed a healthy increase in my premiums but being a complacent Canadian (like most) I did nothing. The following year (2023) having again not received my policy renewal papers by the third week in March I phoned TD. My premiums were again going up rather significantly. Not only had I not received the paper policy renewal, my insurance account on the TD web site “did not” show the new policy details either. I told the agent that I felt that the delay in sending me my policy papers was deliberate as a way of TD being able to increase my premiums and relying on the fact that since I had already paid one months premium that I would simply continue to remain silent and remain a client/customer. He disputed my claim saying legally that TD is required to mail out policy renewals 30-60 days before the renewal date. My response was well if you send out the renewal policy 30 days before the renewal date, TD would already have obtained one months premium payment, to which he replied you could request a refund! That’s a joke! I reiterated that I believed TD was doing this purposefully as a mechanism to significantly raise rates and hope with the delay of mailing out the policy information that customers/clients would simply not shop around and would not leave!

I did shop around following that phone call with TD and I found a $1,200 savings with CAA by switching my Cadillac daily driver, my Corvette (occasional summer only), and my house. I then called back and cancelled my TD policy. My friend who was also with TD found similar savings with CAA as well.
with CAA house policy just keep an eye out for 1) sending an ‘inspector’ to the house and then missing stuff like all my hard wired smoke detectors on each floor (with letter in the mail shortly thereafter my policy would be cancelled if not resolved in 30 days) and then 2) 6 months into my yearly contract i had paid in full, that I owed $300 more as rates have gone up (have never made a claim). Upon renewal I switched to someone else (I too tend to stick with one company for years); CAA was strong on my car rates though

Reactions: vintageracer
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread