I pay $ 875 a year 2 million liability and $ 500 deductible up $ 100 from my 2010 Grand Sport. my 2016 HONDA PILOT i PAY $ 950 same coverage. When I had my Harley 2 years ago I paid $ 1400 being 75 I decided to give up biking while I am still alive. I drove 10,000 km this year so not parking yet, in the last 2 years the roads were mostly bare and dry in Dec. & Jan. here in S. Ontario

Reactions: 1st Vette
I pay $ 875 a year 2 million liability and $ 500 deductible up $ 100 from my 2010 Grand Sport. my 2016 HONDA PILOT i PAY $ 950 same coverage. When I had my Harley 2 years ago I paid $ 1400 being 75 I decided to give up biking while I am still alive. I drove 10,000 km this year so not parking yet, in the last 2 years the roads were mostly bare and dry in Dec. & Jan. here in S. Ontario
What Ins. Co?
... and we are all glad you are still alive also! ;)

Thanks for posting this heads up. I’ve been with TD for about 45 years and got tired of their rates so I price shopped about a month ago. They were the most expensive amongst the 4 others I checked. I’m planning to switch when my term expires, given the penalties TD has for early cancellation. Food for thought.
Which one was the cheapest??

...my home insurance went up $120. Bastards...
Given the tremendous increases in building materials I'll be very surprised if home rates don't go up more than that. Also with all the lawyers advertising to take on slip and fall cases we are bound to see significant increases in home insurance. Sis or seven years ago I changed my home insurance deductible from $1000 to $5000 and it almost cut my premium in half. My logic was that I would never file a claim for only $1000 to $3000 so why cover that amount with insurance. I have now saved more than that in premiums.

Just received my renewal notice, Auto insurance went down $379 this year. So much for the big scare lol...
This is exactly why I have annual renewals with a bill coming out to me in Nov/Dec. My provider has admitted to me that the “programming for annnual increases” cannot be added on the bill until the “new year date” can be on it. It only means you might perhaps be paying 2023 rates for all of 2024. Thats good news. Hint: do not make any changes to the policy after New Year though. Adjustments would then have the current year rates applied. This is how my issuing insurance provider works (not broker).

Given the tremendous increases in building materials I'll be very surprised if home rates don't go up more than that. Also with all the lawyers advertising to take on slip and fall cases we are bound to see significant increases in home insurance. Sis or seven years ago I changed my home insurance deductible from $1000 to $5000 and it almost cut my premium in half. My logic was that I would never file a claim for only $1000 to $3000 so why cover that amount with insurance. I have now saved more than that in premiums.
My home insurance just went up $90.00 for 2024 . Not too bad.

Reactions: Macheteops
...my home insurance went up $120. Bastards...
I never see the cost of home insurance decreasing. The value for a complete loss plays a huge role along with weather and wildfire events. A reduced home policy normally comes with reduced coverage and/or deductible change.
The increase on a home insurance bill mailed to me in Nov/Dec would be based on the current year rates from the previous year. Always good news as the 2024 rates will not be seen until my Nov/Dec bill in 2024. (As long as I don’t make any changes to it in ‘24)
Its just the way my provider works (not a broker)

Reactions: OL Yeller
Just talked to my broker. Scammed another $40/y off of Auto. A win for the little guy...
Nice!
Mine went down earlier this year also. I stayed with the same company, but moved it to the Uxbridge office. Spoke to a nice lady who helped me go through it all.

I was just thinking about this because my home insurance went up $400. I believe my deductible is $1000. My auto went up a bit too. Might need to shop around again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread