Guys just a little note about CAA.

I manage a body shop and many of our customers with CAA are extremely happy with the low rates but when the time comes to make a claim its a nightmare.

They are so bad that I have had several customers wait over a month just for the adjuster to come and look at the car. Other insurance companies have someone here within 3-4 days.

Then once the adjuster finally comes out to look at it the customer has used a months worth of rental and it runs out before the repairs are even started.

CAA is just awful to deal with when you need something. In this case you get what you pay for. Beware!
Which provider do you find that customers are the most satisfied with? You are in a very good position to make this observation.

Which provider do you find that customers are the most satisfied with? You are in a very good position to make this observation.
The number one best insurance company to deal with for the customer as well as the body shop would be Chubb Insurance. They are by far the best but from what I hear also very expensive.

My top three would be Chubb, Aviva, TD.

My bottom three CAA, Intact, Allstate

The problem is that nobody gets insurance planning to use it.

We all hope that we are never involved in an accident therefore its human nature to go with the cheapest.

We only learn that going with the cheapest was a bad decision when we have to use them and its too late.

The number one best insurance company to deal with for the customer as well as the body shop would be Chubb Insurance. They are by far the best but from what I hear also very expensive.

My top three would be Chubb, Aviva, TD.

My bottom three CAA, Intact, Allstate

The problem is that nobody gets insurance planning to use it.

We all hope that we are never involved in an accident therefore its human nature to go with the cheapest.

We only learn that going with the cheapest was a bad decision when we have to use them and its too late.
If the price of anything seems too good to be true there is usually a reason. Happy to hear TD is one of the better options having heard various opinions, not all positive. I have used them for years without issues and will use them for my C8 when it finally shows up. Very good rates as well depending on your personal circumstances of course. Thanks.

Reactions: PapaSmurf
I hope Desjardins is as good as StateFarm was for me.
I am with a subsidiary of Desjardins … they are top notch in my books for rates and with claims ever since my group dropped Meloche Monnex / TD for doubling Alberta-wide rates following the Fort Mac Burn. State farm was awesome for all my watercraft needs - never had to make a claim with them though. 🙂👍🏻

Perhaps you could cite the facts around; ”half the owners don’t use them (Covettes)?

Partly joking but from a FB group I'm in half the owners are more worried about resale value and putting kms on their cars than actually enjoying the vehicle

Some don't take them out of their garage unless it's an absolutely pristine day. Terrified of driving it in the rain. Didn't know that was a thing until I bought a Vette

Partly joking but from a FB group I'm in half the owners are more worried about resale value and putting kms on their cars than actually enjoying the vehicle

Some don't take them out of their garage unless it's an absolutely pristine day. Terrified of driving it in the rain. Didn't know that was a thing until I bought a Vette

This. 95% of owners store their car for 40% of the year...

CIBC insurance! Don't go with them!
I went with then when I got my Camaro because Allstate wanted double and they would do nothing for 20 year customer! I asked all the right questions so I agreed to go with them for the NEW 1998 Camaro and our '88 Beretta. Only when the papers were signed they they tell me I had to get my Beretta certified or they wouldn't insure it! I questioned why I had to do that when nobody else told me that. The said "It's the law"! So I phoned the Insurance Bureau of Canada and asked them. They told me that that was not true at all. So I called CIBC back. Again I was told "It's the law". Um, No it's not. I talked to the Insurance Bureau of Canada and they said it wasn't!
"Oh, well, that's true, but it's our policy"
CANCEL MY POLICY!!!!
I went with State Farm and never looked back! Until they sold to Desjardin of course.

CIBC insurance! Don't go with them!
I went with then when I got my Camaro because Allstate wanted double and they would do nothing for 20 year customer! I asked all the right questions so I agreed to go with them for the NEW 1998 Camaro and our '88 Beretta. Only when the papers were signed they they tell me I had to get my Beretta certified or they wouldn't insure it! I questioned why I had to do that when nobody else told me that. The said "It's the law"! So I phoned the Insurance Bureau of Canada and asked them. They told me that that was not true at all. So I called CIBC back. Again I was told "It's the law". Um, No it's not. I talked to the Insurance Bureau of Canada and they said it wasn't!
"Oh, well, that's true, but it's our policy"
CANCEL MY POLICY!!!!
I went with State Farm and never looked back! Until they sold to Desjardin of course.

I would love to buy a Beretta Resto Mod but sadly no one has taken on the challenge yet...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread