Featured Thread
I've added this .pdf file as a suggestion for an awesome drive you might want to try next time you're in this neck of the woods. I've probably driven this route or segments of it at least a dozen times either for pleasure or as part of my mobile work. I've done the run 5 times in our Corvette taking friends and relatives for a joy ride. A friend that I took last year just told me that was the highlight of 2018 for him since he also drove a large part of it and has driven many exotics in the past and really enjoyed the Corvette. I won't waste my energy typing much more since the article really is descriptive and informative. The only thing I would add is that this trip can be done in 8 1/2 hrs or less on a tank of gas if the only thing you want is the joy of driving and the scenery by not stopping and doing a lot of stopping to check out points of interest.

Great post Icecap... Thanks.... That run will go on my list of 2-dos... :thumbs:

• Agree
Reactions: MikeysZ06
the jasper Banff hiway is one of the top 10 drives in north America

it was in all the mags a few years ago Jeff
Certainly is Jeff. You guys will be fighting over where to stop south of Jasper for photo opps. The northern section ( North of Sask crossing) is much more scenic than the southern part and you know firsthand how nice that is !! You guys will go by a few of Alberta’s tallest mountains. Mt Columbia as well as Mt Alberta. Some of the worlds best scenery bar none.

Here’s the north face of Mt Alberta. She’s a monster.

A19C5F0A-6E94-4C4E-A6B8-8DBC208D0DEE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Speaking of good outings,I hear Vermont is quite pretty. Especially in the fall. You’re fairly close are you not?
I live almost on the border. If I am ordering anything from the USA I have it delivered to a garage just over the border and go pick it up there. Saves the transborder charges from the courriers.
Plenty of fall colours on this side as well as I am close to our "mountains" More like foothills compared to the rockies but still makes for some nice rides.
If anyone is out this way you need to let me know. We can scoot around some of my favorite trails.

Certainly is Jeff. You guys will be fighting over where to stop south of Jasper for photo opps. The northern section ( North of Sask crossing) is much more scenic than the southern part and you know firsthand how nice that is !! You guys will go by a few of Alberta’s tallest mountains. Mt Columbia as well as Mt Alberta. Some of the worlds best scenery bar none.

Here’s the north face of Mt Alberta. She’s a monster.

View attachment 24815
That looks like one hell of a drive to get all the way up. Are you using cleated tyres?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread