Featured Thread
LB,that would be the Cypress Bowl Road in West Van. It goes up to Mt Seymour Ski area.

CC361F75-6950-4AD5-A841-9156DB99C855.jpeg

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Here is another car ad recorded not far from my neck of the woods in the Fraser Canyon BC. Note one famous F1 driver. Also a bit cheesy as one of the technicians in the video is spinning a wheel bearing hub in his hands leaving me wondering what that had to do with anything. It's fun to watch anyway.

Last edited:
Here is another car ad recorded not far from my neck of the woods in the Fraser Canyon BC. Note one famous F1 driver. Also a bit cheesy as one of the technicians in the video is spinning a wheel bearing hub in his hands leaving me wondering what that had to do with anything. It's fun to watch anyway.

That’s the Alexandra bridge. Also shown in the opening sequence for Highway to Hell. Good find Icecap. I always enjoy vids of roads I’ve driven. I’m thinking this could be the westbound route this year.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
That’s the Alexandra bridge. Also shown in the opening sequence for Highway to Hell. Good find Icecap. I always enjoy vids of roads I’ve driven. I’m thinking this could be the westbound route this year.

I've added this .pdf file as a suggestion for an awesome drive you might want to try next time you're in this neck of the woods. I've probably driven this route or segments of it at least a dozen times either for pleasure or as part of my mobile work. I've done the run 5 times in our Corvette taking friends and relatives for a joy ride. A friend that I took last year just told me that was the highlight of 2018 for him since he also drove a large part of it and has driven many exotics in the past and really enjoyed the Corvette. I won't waste my energy typing much more since the article really is descriptive and informative. The only thing I would add is that this trip can be done in 8 1/2 hrs or less on a tank of gas if the only thing you want is the joy of driving and the scenery by not stopping and doing a lot of stopping to check out points of interest.

Attachments

• duffeylake[1].pdf
    479.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I've added this .pdf file as a suggestion for an awesome drive you might want to try next time you're in this neck of the woods. I've probably driven this route or segments of it at least a dozen times either for pleasure or as part of my mobile work. I've done the run 5 times in our Corvette taking friends and relatives for a joy ride. A friend that I took last year just told me that was the highlight of 2018 for him since he also drove a large part of it and has driven many exotics in the past and really enjoyed the Corvette. I won't waste my energy typing much more since the article really is descriptive and informative. The only thing I would add is that this trip can be done in 8 1/2 hrs or less on a tank of gas if the only thing you want is the joy of driving and the scenery by not stopping and doing a lot of stopping to check out points of interest.
That would be a nice day well spent. I’ve driven as far as Whistler years ago in a 98 Jeep TJ. Beautiful but bumpy. I’m really leaning towards staying on Hwy 1 this August instead of the Coquihalla once Kamloops is behind me. It’s been years since I’ve gone that route and I’ve said so many times....”Next time”. Well,next time is this Aug. This loop here though would be a real treat. Both directions.

Reactions: theboss
Sounds like a good outing to me, and I am all the way out in Quebec.
If it wasn't for two weeks to get there and back I would be in.

• Agree
Reactions: MikeysZ06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread