Bilal388

Casual User
Nov 16, 2017
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Stingray
Hey guys,

So I bought my first Corvette in 2017. It was a stingray and I used my brother’s supplier discount which resulted in quite a bit of savings. Unfortunately I had to sell the car 8 months later due to a few business ventures I wanted to partake in.

But now I am back :D. I went to a dealer today to price out a 2019 Z06 and he informs me that there is no more supplier discount for the Corvette. Could someone shed some light on this topic? If so, what would be the best way to approach supplier pricing now. I think it saved me roughly 11.5% off MSRP on my Stingray

I am located in the GTA by the way

Reactions: YFCvii
not sure what tmr is?
we are serious as there have been a bunch of z06 with 17 to 23 grand off window sticker or MSRP and I mean actual MSRP not with a dealer markup, the guys will be along shortly with some examples, maybe let us know what R must haves and maybe we can be of assistance. Jeffy

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj
not sure what time is?
we are serious as there have been a bunch of z06 with 17 to 23 grand off window sticker or MSRP and I mean actual MSRP not with a dealer markup, the guys will be along shortly with some examples, maybe let us know what R must haves and maybe we can be of assistance. Jeffy

2019 Z06

Must haves : Torch Red Or Purple, 2LZ, Carbon Effects Ground Package

Would like : Automatic

That’s pretty much it

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj and YFCvii
Thanks guys for the help. If anyone has a personal contact in Ontario as well, that would be much appreciated as well

For info:
You can ship a car from Alberta for about $3000. Enclosed trailer dedicated to this.

My car was shipped from Ontario and I made a deal to pay 1/2 the cost.

It’s a good option if you can’t find the price you want over there near the center of the universe. 👍

I am just going to call my original dealer tomorrow and ask him if they are still honoring the supplier discount. If they are, we should be pretty much good to go. If they are not then I will start making calls

If the discount is like one here in Alberta for Telus employees, i am curious if it’s a GMCanada discount and not specific to a Dealership. I’ve dealt with that for two people at two different deslerships and pricing was pretty much set without my help at all ... rather nice discount too. All we had to find was a vehicle on a lot and go there and negotiate the add on only (paint protection and splash guards and etc). So it shouldn’t matter which dealership if it’s one of the GMCanada recognized companies/partners/suppliers and if that program still exists.
I heard Costco Membership will get a few hundred now too 😁👍🏻

Spence youre likely referring to preferred pricing that Telus and many other employees from other companies get. {{ pageTitle }}

When we bought ours preferred worked out to $2k better on our deal on top of cashbacks . preferred is invoice + 1.5%. Corvette not eligible for the costco promo which is preferred pricing but is eligable in the regular preferred. Guess you just dont get the $500 gift card. Now my understanding is supplier is invoice and Corvette is eligable except zr1. But you must be an employee or immediate family member. https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/about-the-discount/

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
Dealership where I bought my Vette is after me to change out. They must think I have spare change!
At any rate the Montreal auto show is on and there is a 15% discount.
Your local GTA guy is just trying to stick it to you.
Sales of C7 's are dropping because of all the news on the C8.
I don't know about Ontario, but if I were to buy from AB and save the sales tax I would still be bonked with it when I registered the car in province and also have to have a car inspection even if it is brand new and purchased from a dealer. Nothing like bureaucracy for the government to dip in to your pocket

If the discount is like one here in Alberta for Telus employees, i am curious if it’s a GMCanada discount and not specific to a Dealership. I’ve dealt with that for two people at two different deslerships and pricing was pretty much set without my help at all ... rather nice discount too. All we had to find was a vehicle on a lot and go there and negotiate the add on only (paint protection and splash guards and etc). So it shouldn’t matter which dealership if it’s one of the GMCanada recognized companies/partners/suppliers and if that program still exists.
I heard Costco Membership will get a few hundred now too 😁👍🏻
They have Costco Discount right now in Quebec. Guess it is you buy in bulk! LOL

IMHO doubt that this is on all product lines and highly doubt C7.
Might be true because they try to suck you in and then hype up something else to see if they can dip in to your pocket. Just like they do with Spence. My dealer is going to call me today to get me to change out my Vert. I will check to see if they can get a ZR1 for Spence.

Reactions: ccltj and YFCvii
Great chat on discount and why I love sitting down, and then maybe having the manager
in the discussion too. Where I just say "it really doesn't matter to me where the discounts
come from ... this is my price" ... and then I am usually within a couple of thousand of the
agree price. I found the preferred employee price program to be awesome - no negotiating
required. I wish I knew more about it before my entire family retired from Telus.
The Corvette was exempt from the program up to just about two or so years ago
(so I was told when negotiating a sierra at the end of 2017).

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
I don't know about Ontario, but if I were to buy from AB and save the sales tax I would still be bonked with it when I registered the car in province and also have to have a car inspection even if it is brand new and purchased from a dealer. Nothing like bureaucracy for the government to dip in to your pocket
That's partly right...there is no sales tax savings if you live in Ontario, buy in Alberta, and then register in Ontario. That works out the same.

You don't need to have a safety done on a new car though. Just get the NVIS from the selling dealer and register it directly into Ontario. It is effectively never registered in Alberta that way.

That's partly right...there is no sales tax savings if you live in Ontario, buy in Alberta, and then register in Ontario. That works out the same.

You don't need to have a safety done on a new car though. Just get the NVIS from the selling dealer and register it directly into Ontario. It is effectively never registered in Alberta that way.

Agreed. The sales tax for Ontario was assumed in my post... as there is no way around it buying from a dealership located in a place with no provincial sales tax to a province that has one.
Good clarification on the NVIS and how it fits into the situation.
My car that came from Ontario to Alberta did not need an inspection and there was nothing added to the price to facilitate the interprovincial purchase. Hopefully it indeed does work the same for a purchase in the opposite direction. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.