Might be true because they try to suck you in and then hype up something else to see if they can dip in to your pocket. Just like they do with Spence. My dealer is going to call me today to get me to change out my Vert. I will check to see if they can get a ZR1 for Spence.
No ZR1 for you Spence. They just wanted to get me in to the dealership to gype me out of the Vette.

Ya 2 more dealership phone calls today to wish me a “Happy Robert Burns Day” tomorrow ... well kinda-sorta ... both wanting to know if they have something I wanna buy myself to celebrate tomorrow .... and nothing available with a ZR1 logo on it 😡

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
I bought my Stingray in August from Georgetown Chevrolet. I told them at the time to give me their best price right away otherwise I would be shopping around. I was very surprised when they gave me a great price right away and then added the GM discounts as well. My final price was way more than 10% off and less than some used models on the market that had a lot of accessories I didn't want. I also saw 3 Vettes on the Georgian Chev lot when I was driving by there a few months ago. My guess is that there is something you would like at a good price just sitting in a GTA lot.

Bilal, try Car Cost Canada to get a better idea of the dealer invoice. It is not 100% accurate and you can take another 2% off to get the real dealer cost. With that number in hand and not telling the dealer you have it, start a SLOW negotiation process with one dealer that you would want to use for future service. The service part is important because not all dealers are created equal for that aspect of the total ownership experience. Remember it is SLOW negotiation process. You are not in a hurry anyway because you don't have winter tires anymore :cool:. Ask for a price and then make an offer. Tell the dealer about prices in other parts of Canada. Bring the dealer some articles about the lower sales for C7 in Canada and ask him/her if they want to make a sale or lose a sale. Don't jump on their first or second offer. There are guys on this forum with a lot of dealer experience on both sides of the desk - ask for it, and respect where they are coming from and what they give in advice.

I look upon negotiation as an art form developed by lots of experience but it is also a fun experience. You must be prepared to walk away; that is the #1 critical aspect. I can't tell anyone the amount of discount I got for my Stingray but it was south of 15%. A 2019 will never reach that level but a car on the lot will be much more open to a discount than one that is a custom built order.

Someone on this forum might be able to give you a link to all the Vette's in stock in Canada.

Good luck, have fun, don't rush and see you soon.

Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
I've posted a couple times prior to this on 2019 pricing. If at all possible, I would try to find an inventory unit and work your discounts into it, that way you will definitely see better than 10% discount in Ontario. If you end up custom ordering a vehicle, there is 9.6% margin from dealer cost to MSRP in a Grand Sport....I know as I have a 2019 GS Vert and got both cost and MSRP price lists. Any options carry a standard 25% margin so negotiate separately as you see fit. And yes, Service Ontario will charge you the full 13% tax to license in Ontario if you buy out of province or country.....yup I've done that ;)...….2008 Lexus RX350, 2011 Caddy CTSV, 2006 Audit A6 Avant
Have fun!

During October I visited 6 Chev dealers in the GTA looking for a new 2019 GS to replace my 2017 GS that was written off on The Dragon in August - another C7 came across the center line and T-boned me - see earlier post. No one had a GS with the option combination that I wanted. Most had the GS but they were all equipped with a number of cosmetic options that I was not prepared to pay for. I therefore invited emailed all six dealers with my detailed spec sheet and asked them to get back to me via email with a detailed order with an all in out the door price, tax included. Delivery was to be April of this year. I told each that I did not have the time nor inclination to dicker back and forth so they only had one kick at the cat and I would be placing an order within two weeks. All dealers submitted bids and most bid at least $9-$10k off MSRP. The top 4 were within $700 of each other. Lowest bid was from Tom Beard at Humberview in Etobicoke. This will be the third C7 I have purchased from Tom and I was glad that Tom was lowest. Virtually tied and very close behind Humberview was Gateway in Brampton and Ian Weller at Wilson Niblett. Ian is super professional and active in the Corvette community. I would have used Ian had Humberview not met the challenge. Ian probably would have undercut Humberview by a little had I given him the chance but I stuck by my initial rules. Ian knows Corvettes the best of anyone in the GTA and knows how fussy we all are. W-N also know Corvettes better than anyone in the GTA. I would have mine serviced there except they are too far away from where I live. W-N had by far the best in stock inventory which was not an issue for me. Addison and Markville were back a few hundred $$. A couple of out of town dealers were not even in the ball park - they thought C7s were still selling for MSRP or close. Discounts are the order of the day now.

Reactions: ddgermann and ccltj
Funny, I don't know Tom but my GS was ordered thru Humberview also:D

Yep there are several sales folks at Humberview who handle Corvettes. I originally went to Humberview for my original C7 in 2014 because they were one of the higher volume Corvette dealers and they had available allocation. In those days many dealers could not even order a Corvette as the allocations were very limited. When I decided to trade my 2014 Z51 on a GS Tom again gave me a great deal, better than the other 4 I spoke with. No deal on the price for the GS but outstanding price on my trade in. My main interest of course was the difference that I had to pay and Tom was clearly the best. Only issue was that I had to give them my car n May and did not get the GS until early September but worth it given the deal. Did not expect to be back in the market again so soon.

Reactions: ccltj
Hey guys,

So I bought my first Corvette in 2017. It was a stingray and I used my brother’s supplier discount which resulted in quite a bit of savings. Unfortunately I had to sell the car 8 months later due to a few business ventures I wanted to partake in.

But now I am back :D. I went to a dealer today to price out a 2019 Z06 and he informs me that there is no more supplier discount for the Corvette. Could someone shed some light on this topic? If so, what would be the best way to approach supplier pricing now. I think it saved me roughly 11.5% off MSRP on my Stingray

I am located in the GTA by the way
What is supplier discount - never heard of. Employee discounts - yes; but, SD?

Reactions: ccltj
GM's supplier discount is 1.5% above dealer invoice
Another name for supplier pricing is preferred. Currently gm has the Costco program offering preferred pricing on some vehicle models + $500 Costco card but Corvette NOT eligable. But if you or immediate family member works for a preferred price eligable employer then Corvette IS eligable. Check here: {{ pageTitle }}

Pricing is ok at about 10% off....the first torch red Stingray at 15% off but a demo. There are better deals to be had..

Those are advertised prices. I was at this dealership a month ago and they flat out told me they would deal lower on any of the 21 Vettes on the lot or any of the Vettes at the other Wheaton dealership in Edm.

Those are advertised prices. I was at this dealership a month ago and they flat out told me they would deal lower on any of the 21 Vettes on the lot or any of the Vettes at the other Wheaton dealership in Edm.
Agree 100%, advertized price is never bottom line but one dealer i know and previously posted offering 17% off my19 gs ......

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Agree 100%, advertized price is never bottom line but one dealer i know and previously posted offering 17% off my19 gs ......
Pretty ballsy to post a 17% off.... Can't be much meat left on the bone... Hard to believe without some GM kick back incentives that there was much more than 17 points to start with? Same as the 1.5 over invoice.... Doesn't even pay to put it on the floor for only 1.5. JMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.