spam.............

WT:swear: Spam or Cheap drugs!!:eek:

Or maybe Spam is the new cheap drug...like bath salts.:D I was dumb enough to answer one of his random ass posts on Corvette Racing, asking about wanting to get into motorcycle road racing. Maybe I'm on Spam too!:eek:

Isn't Riley the official Spam eliminator and it's origans here??

Whoops! The dirty spammer must have sneaked through. Don't worry, I changed his signature!:D

Anyway, the one thing I always wanted to get if I bought a lift was the rolling jacks so I could do wheel/brake work on the lift. I'll be coming back to this thread when the time comes to buy a life....I mean lift.

Steamer....

Hi,first the good news. Babco says it will be delivered on a truck with a portable crane, and the driver etc. will even get it all the way into the garage. Bad news is the height of my garage. Don't know what I was on when I measured and said the garage was 12 ft. high. Also couldn't have had my reading glasses on.The height is only 9ft. 3inches.But the lenght is 180 inches (approx) from the garage door motor to the far end of garage. No need for different tracks or side mounted motor. Might just be able to live with the height, I'll just do all my under the car repairs while sitting on a trolley stool.
Al.....
By the way Steamer, how long did it take to get it up and going , and with how many guys helping?

Sorry Al, I didn't catch this. I put the frame together myself with an engine hoist in about 4 hrs. Next day my friend Greg and I ran all the cables and installed the pump that afternoon.
Nice thing with this mach is, with the pump supplied you can plug in anywhere for power and don't need a special receptacle.
The pump oil is not supplied so you'll have to go to crappy tire and get 12 Liters of Dextron ATF to fill the pump.
The process may tale you a little longer as this was the fifth hoist I've assembled, but the first one for me.
Rob

Thanks Steamer, that all helps a lot. Won't be till the spring when I buy it now though. A few health problems etc. etc.By the way Riley this one comes with the rolling jacks included in the price plus other goodies too. All delivered for free for about $2,650.

Last edited:
The King 4-post Carlift (8,000 lbs capacity) - DirectShops.ca

Just wondering if anyone has one of these in their garage. And any cons or things to be considered before getting one. My two car garage is high enough for one.
Al..
Al,

I installed 2 units last year. One for me and the other my neighbor. (We both have vettes) We bought the lifts from Car Lift and had them delivered to our home. It cost us $2200 each and then they wanted another $3000 for install. After reading a few articles on the installation we decided to tackle the install ourselves. Took us 10 hours for the first and 6 hours for the second. (The only thing we had done was an electrician wired up a 40amp pony box as we connected it with 220 volts so there was not much stress on the motor.) The unit works just fine with 110 volts so the choice is yours if you don't have an option. The only thing I didn't like within a month was the removal and placing of the ramps when the car had to be brought in and out. My dad has an incredible way of looking at solutions so he cut the ends of the ramps and welded hinges so now the ramps can just fold up and down and clip into place in the vertical position and you raise the entire lift and ramps at the same time. It is fantastic because he even made it a one handed process for lifting both ramps at one time. What a genius and all for the low cost of about $100 in parts! Well needless to say, my neighbor had it done as well and he loves it. I can't believe the company doesn't already offer it like this as an option. Other than that, I love the ramp and it keeps the kids away from the car!

For Steamer...............

Hi Steamer, just wondering how you got the lift off the Babco delivery truck?The reason I ask is because part of the sales agreement says the buyer must have a means of removing the hoist from the truck..........
Al...
You could hire a wrecker/tow truck or find a friend who has a company with a above ground loading dock.Then take the parts one by one back to your place. Pulleys can be rented,but you need a super strong beam to hang them from.2 pulleys inline would work great and help spread the load.You offer the delivery guy $50 to let you and a friend unload everything piece by piece.

Too bad you don't have a hoist ; )

Good luck.
Ziggy