Jul 3, 2013
Oshawa
VetteCoins
Car
1969 C3
Evening All,

Re: 1969 C3, 350c.i/350hp
At some point in it's life the stock distributor has been replaced with an H.E.I unit, in doing so the Tach. drive has been disconnected.
To my knowledge (and I could be mistaken) in order to get the existing Tach. to function I have but two choices;
a- I replace the existing H.E.I distributor with a "stock" distributor and therefore I can utilize the original Tach. drive and cable...OR
b- I replace the existing Tach. with a newer electronic model...I believe 1974 or newer.

Am I on the right path or do I have more options?
Any advice is sincerely appreciated.

Chuck

Check out a Performance Distributors DUI model 15720. It's an HEI with a mechanical tach drive. GM Street/Strip DUI Distributor Performance Distributors Performance Distributors

I have one of their HEI distributors in my 1975 which was the first year for the HEI in a vette and the first year of the electronic tach in them. The car is just being finished but from the looks of the HEI I got from them I have to say it is a quality piece.

Back when we bought our `69 L78 Chevelle it had an HEI along with the Stewart-Warner tach that was installed by the original owner. Worked fine but eventually the HEI died and I went back to a stock Chevy points distributor with the heavy duty Delco points D112P. It worked just as well.

Check out a Performance Distributors DUI model 15720. It's an HEI with a mechanical tach drive. GM Street/Strip DUI Distributor Performance Distributors Performance Distributors

I have one of their HEI distributors in my 1975 which was the first year for the HEI in a vette and the first year of the electronic tach in them. The car is just being finished but from the looks of the HEI I got from them I have to say it is a quality piece.

:agree: looks like your best option. much easier and cheaper than swapping tachs. good find greg. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread