Personally I wouldn't let someone test drive it unless there is a bank draft in hand to establish they are serious about the purchase of the car. Sadly there are far too many guys who just want to have a test spin. I find when you put "no test pilots" in the past, it helps to weed out the potential buyers from guys who are in it for the free test drive or tire kickers

Nope, they actually came back and said it just wasn't right for them, and the car was pristine shape so it wasn't that it was a junker or anything. Needless to say our friendship ended that day.

Wow some friend.. I'm sure you can do much better here Don.

I bought my first 3 Corvettes without driving them.
The 13Z I rode with the owner driving. I could see clearly how well the guy handled the car and it actually gave me confidence.... once I suffered through a couple of little acceleration, cornering and shifting events. This car was pristine in condition. I spent time getting to know him and his wife and saw how well his home and toys were maintained. He asked if I wanted to drive the car but I declined as I knew very quickly this car was really really good. (plus I was scared *hitless by then) :eek:
He threw in a set of tires and replaced the inside hood liner as it had a mark on it. We actually became friends and still hang out once in a while. Cool guy and a great experience.
The 15Z I bought unseen beyond pictures from a car dealer in Calgary while I was in Singapore. The guy added some carbon fiber and detailed the car really good. I flew home and picked it up. It was excellent as advertised. He actually bought my 13Z.... the same way pictures and never drove it till the deal was over.
The 17 was in Ontario so... not much chance for a test drive. Although it was new so I guess it doesn't count.
Kind of suggests Corvette people are generally cooler than the tire kicking test pilots who want everything for nothing. (and apparently some friends)

If I was selling my Corvette there is no way anyone would drive it unless they pulled up in a Corvette/Viper/AMG.... (no mustangs) you get the picture. I would be in the car too. Otherwise after talking to them for 15 minutes I would decide if I would take even them for a ride or send them away to play somewhere else. I would not meet them at my house but in the parking lot of an area wallymart or something for the first meeting. Pretty easy to get a read if the buyer is serious or just casing your place for the eventual heist.

How many time have you guys looked at cars owned by real nice people and at some point realized they are really trusting after looking around their home (security system or not...rack full of keys...etc) and learning their entire schedule in 30 minutes?

To hell with it...I'm trading mine if it goes. At least a car salesman robs you standing right in front of you. (joking..they are all incredibly honest and always put your interest first)
:bigtongue:

If I was selling my Corvette there is no way anyone would drive it unless they pulled up in a Corvette/Viper/AMG.... (no mustangs) you get the picture. I
:bigtongue:

No Mustangs........ I owned a super prepped and high hp Saleen Mustang and am very talented to drive a Corvette........ :p

I have autocrossed for 30+ years ....... handle my ZR1 just fine. and it is a crazy handful

B

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.