Nice list Mike. Wouldn't be nice if you did win?

I said above I would like to have a Austin Healey 3000 but if I could find one car it would be Mark Donohue's personal Porsche 911 that was stolen in 1975 from his hotel parking lot at his last Grand Prix. Not sure the car was ever found but it was, as I recall, a modified version of the IROC Porsches. Donohue was my all time hero, his death and that of Dale Earnhardt took something away in the form of enthusiasm for motorsports. It is a sport that is not very forgiving.

Go out and get a ticket, I have a good feeling.:thumbs:

Reactions: MikeysZ06
IMG_0581.JPG
IMG_0582.JPG
Nice list Mike. Wouldn't be nice if you did win?

I said above I would like to have a Austin Healey 3000 but if I could find one car it would be Mark Donohue's personal Porsche 911 that was stolen in 1975 from his hotel parking lot at his last Grand Prix. Not sure the car was ever found but it was, as I recall, a modified version of the IROC Porsches. Donohue was my all time hero, his death and that of Dale Earnhardt took something away in the form of enthusiasm for motorsports. It is a sport that is not very forgiving.

Go out and get a ticket, I have a good feeling.:thumbs:
I recall reading something years ago in a magazine about that Porsche theft. I've never been able to find anything online about it though. I remember it was a good read. Another car that was cool and would be out of reach for the common man would be the Jaguar XKSS built for Steve McQueen. Autoart did a beautiful 1/18 scale model of it. I'll post these 2 pics here. The rest in the diecast thread. Beautiful ride this would've been,and a handful i bet too.

Mike, I had a friend, he passed away some time ago but at one time he owned Young Drivers of Canada. He raced Formula Juniors then moved into sports cars, he had a beautiful Ferrari Daytona 365 in Fly Yellow. His brother actually had a Jaguar XKSS on order with the factory when it burned to the ground. Bad timing I suppose.

I have seen a number of pictures of McQueen with his cars and motorcycles, he was quite the guy.

Great models by the way.

Mike, I had a friend, he passed away some time ago but at one time he owned Young Drivers of Canada. He raced Formula Juniors then moved into sports cars, he had a beautiful Ferrari Daytona 365 in Fly Yellow. His brother actually had a Jaguar XKSS on order with the factory when it burned to the ground. Bad timing I suppose.

I have seen a number of pictures of McQueen with his cars and motorcycles, he was quite the guy.

Great models by the way.
Thanks Murray. I remember that young drivers of Canada program. That's going back a ways. I don't think it was out west here though. Not that I recall.

Yeah,old Steve. The stories of him and his exploits behind the wheel. Could've been a hell of a racer had that acting thing not worked out so good. As for diecast,10 years ago I had more cars and stuff that I can recall. My ex and I split a lot of it when we split. I had some nice cars !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.