May 19, 2016
Airdrie
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z51
Province
AB
Buy a new house with a big garage! Obviously!

Everybody has their own opinion on what the greatest cars are. So what would you add to your collection?

I've always wanted a C3 since I was a kid, but they are under-powered and handle like poo. I would love to find a 1980 L48 4-speed car (in blue of course), and do a full resto-mod on it to give it modern suspension, brakes, and drivetrain. Think LS3 with H/C/I/E and a TR6060.

I nearly bought one years ago, but I let it go because it was too high of mileage, but I still really like the 96 Grand Sport with an LT4 and a six-speed. The absolute best C4 Corvette ever made. Don't get me wrong! A ZR1 is even more special, but I don't trust the twin DOHC with all it's proprietary parts. I like to drive my cars!

A 2001 Arctic White Z06. White was an option for a Z06 for one year only, and production of this particular car is around 300. I don't know why Chevy decided to go for so many years before they finally started making a white Z06 again, but it is about time!

The chart-topper. A 2011 Centennial Edition Z06. If you are rich, why not do the ZR1? Well, maybe I guess. I can't even pretend to be rich without cringing a bit at the cost. lol.

and maybe just for the fun of it, an LS7 2013 Grand Sport convertible with a 6L80e for the wife to drive.

What would you get?

Blue 67 coupe with a small block and a four speed. Greenwood C3 race car, love the BarB Baron car.

I would have an Austin Healey 3000 just because.

The new foreign exotics don't interest me that much the older ones a different story. If I won a "YUGE" amount a Ferrari Daytona would be nice, GTO even better but there is only so much lottery money out there!

Too many cars to list. Lol.

If this is limited to Corvettes,
'62 pro tour.

'67 427 Vert. I love that body style.

93 ZR1

A Centennial Z06

A Manny modified 2017 Grand Sport.

If this is open to any car? All I need is 3 characters. F40.

If this is an unlimited Lottery, I would buy Mother Nature and all the rights to controlling the weather... Then I refer back to our thread a month or so ago in which one of my car choices was a 69 Convertible, L71 Tri Power, Rock Crusher 4 spd, side pipes, all options (duh), Burgundy, Doran white roof, black leather int. 03 RPO Z25, 6 spd, all options (duh), and a couple mild aftermarket mods to get her up an extra 50 or so to Z06 horses.
.. Of course I'm keeping my C7....
Maybe a C2 resto-mod with all the stuff Jordy spec'd.... Trusting him implicitly since I have no idea what some of what he said even is.... But it sounded like good stuff....

Then I would pave the mile of gravel I have to drive to get my cars out to the asphalt.....

And finally, I would hire someone to clean my entire shop and man-cave every week as I seem to make a mess in there every time I move....lol...

Reactions: Riley P
At the very top is that ... I would move ... with no more snow & rocks on the road ...
and to a place that also has good internet service so that I can keep up on this forum.
Then hopefully be able to count what's left over for the next choice vehicle which may have to be my Wife's choice of performance sports car
(which I would hope to get a set of keys for too) as I used up all my "coupons" last year ... :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Riley P
Retire so I can enjoy my car more!
There is an Atlantic Lotto commercial home where they are talking to a guy about his winning a lottery in which he finishes off with the statement "the wife gets half". It cracked me up the first time I heard it; he said it in such a matter-of-fact way.

You guys keep giving me new car ideas.... Ok... I revise mine... If money was NO object, I will just buy Jay Leno's garage. There! I'm done!

Money is always objective, that's what makes things valuable. I said lottery, because with $50 million or so, you ought to be able to get some fun things.

I did keep my list to just Corvettes as that is what this forum is, but I am good with people choosing other cars too. Go to it! I understand that for a lot of people a Corvette is not really their dream, it's just the best you can get with a budget.

I'd definitely add a couple of non-Corvettes as well. A Ford GT (the first one, not this new POS), and a Terminator would be a couple of examples.

If I were to win 50 million tax free lottery $$$ as we do in Canada I would,,,,

Buy property with approx 150 acres west of Calgary,I'd have my 3 favorite tracks from the Formula 1 series scaled down for shifter karts. Tracks I'd go with would be,Monza,Spa Francorchamps and probably the old Ostereichring. Complete with elevation change,small pit areas.

Then my various mid 60s Vette collecting would begin. I'd have a small hangar type building converted into something like Jay Lenos garage. Lots of vintage signs and memorabilia. And,,,,, I'd stay single too !!

Reactions: Jeremiad
That sounds great Mikey, especially the shifter karts! Can I come and play too?

As for the single thing..... I would too! Just don't tell that to my wife. Now don't get me wrong..... I would NOT change things. I've made a commitment, and I will stick with it because I made a promise, and I'm a man of my word. For better or worse, as they say. But for you guys who want to stay single.... DO IT! ain't nothin' wrong with it! I can't imagine how life could be more happy! LOL!

That sounds great Mikey, especially the shifter karts! Can I come and play too?

As for the single thing..... I would too! Just don't tell that to my wife. Now don't get me wrong..... I would NOT change things. I've made a commitment, and I will stick with it because I made a promise, and I'm a man of my word. For better or worse, as they say. But for you guys who want to stay single.... DO IT! ain't nothin' wrong with it! I can't imagine how life could be more happy! LOL!

Oh don't get me wrong on marriage. Nothing wrong with it at all. Funny thing is all my friends aside from one are married and because of that,i do a lot on my own due to the 3rd wheel factor. Pretty much used to that now being single 7 yrs. And I don't drink so that ends a lot of opportunitys anyway.

That sounds great Mikey, especially the shifter karts! Can

I wonder how our wive's would answer the same blog title??
And maybe they would answer it quicker??
LOL

Graham

Cars I'd like other than various Corvettes,

1979 Porsche 930 turbo
1970 Chevrolet Malibu SS Vert,blue/white stripes
1970 Chevrolet Malibu SS Hardtop Red/black stripes
1970 1/2 Camaro Z28 blue.
1970 Chevrolet El Camino black/silver stripes
1987 Buick Regal Grand National
1969 Ford Bronco
1978 Chevrolet short wheelbase van. ( yes,with porthole windows )
1966 427 AC Cobra.
2014 SLS AMG GT

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.