Friends,

We are only as good as our ability to deliver a quality site. I encourage you to PM us with your ideas and suggestions on how we can continue to improve on this and make it a premier site. Let us know your thoughts.

Thanks.

How do you want to handle events on the site? Should we post them up in the Regional areas or do you want to have an events area by itself?

Yes, post any events in the regional section where they will be happening. You can then contact one of the moderators and they can "Sticky" the thread so it always stays at the top. If there is a moderate volume of events being posted in a regional section, we will create an "Events" section within that regional category for any events to be posted.

Specific area's for generations?

Is there any thought of making specific area's for the different generations of vette's?
I have a C3,, so I don't really want to sift through all posts to find C3 related items/threads.

Thanks,
David.

We've been looking at this for a while. There are advantages on both sides. I myself like having everyone as a large community where we are not separated by the years of our cars, BUT, I also like the idea of it being divided by generation as it makes it so much easier to find the information you need, or ask generation specific questions. We'll get back to you soon with an answer.

Yes, there are advantages on both sides.
I don't have the time to sift through the ever increasing threads and posts looking for something related to a C3.

Here's some idea's,,,
I have C3 entered in my user profile,,, all of the threads I start would automatically have some field populated that would be searchable/sortable,, or,,, make the threadstarter select what generation the thread is applicable to, and whether or not it's technical or general.

Just some random swirling thoughts,,,,

Thanks,
David.

We've been looking at this for a while. There are advantages on both sides. I myself like having everyone as a large community where we are not separated by the years of our cars, BUT, I also like the idea of it being divided by generation as it makes it so much easier to find the information you need, or ask generation specific questions. We'll get back to you soon with an answer.

Last edited:
Yes, there are advantages on both sides.
I don't have the time to sift through the ever increasing threads and posts looking for something related to a C3.

Here's some idea's,,,
I have C3 entered in my user profile,,, all of the threads I start would automatically have some field populated that would be searchable/sortable,, or,,, make the threadstarter select what generation the thread is applicable to, and whether or not it's technical or general.

Just some random swirling thoughts,,,,

Thanks,
David.

Very cool thought. I am not sure how easy it would be to implement such a thing and if everyone would conform (or remember) to making sure they selected the proper section to post towards. We may just have to stick with the plan that once we get more members, we can split the forum into generations. Keep those random swirling thought coming.

I'd say that to keep the interaction going that we leave the forum as is and create a technical articles archive my generation of corvette after the threads are closed... that way everyone still interacts AND the historical information is quick and easily sorted...

Just my $0.02