Richmond Hill
VetteCoins
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Thread Highlight (Sponsors)
Car
2020 Corvette Mid
Province
ON
I want to start this post with a small disclaimer. If you're currently on a waiting list for a Z06, your patience will be a venture and very much worth it!

The Eighth-Gen Corvette Z06 is not a Car it's THE CAR.

To highlight this, I have provided a link to a video recently uploaded by Hagerty that shows why the 23 Corvette Z06 is the new naturally aspirated mid-engine rear-wheel drive king!

To long-time Corvette fans, this is the moment we've all been waiting for; the release of the C8 Z06 is our pounding on the chest, king of the jungle moment.

Using the US Corvette Build and Price tool, I've provided below photos of how I would build my Z06 and I would love to see yours.
(I used real-world images of the interior; since the ones provided on Chevrolet.com does not showcase the Adrenaline Red Dipped the way it should look)

This Car has been my screen saver for about eight months!

Z06 Ex 1.png
Z06 Ex 2.png

Z06 Ex 3.png
2023-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-020.jpg

z06 int 2.png
2023-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-021.jpeg
Z06 int 3.png

Nothing in the 150-200k price range can compete with the Z06. Unless you can buy GT3 or GT4RS at MSRP which I highly doubt so. Possibly a lightly used R8 V10 RWD/Plus at 200k but those are noticeably slower as shown in the YouTube video above.

Reactions: WN Jeff
Why? Please educate.

For $200k +, and assuming I had that kind of scratch, I am likely going somewhat more exotic than a Chevelle’s big brother. The draw for the Corvettes, including the C7 Z06, was that it was either affordable for the regular Joe or within dreaming distance. $200k is outside that market. It is priced at a comparative ratio similar to where ZR1’s used to be. Sad really because when $200k becomes available to me I am looking more broadly than just at Chevy products.

Reactions: tyho
Each to his/her own. I don't see anything else on the market that compares to the C8 Z06 in terms of what it offers, for its price. You can purchase a Z06 for MUCH less than $200,000 if you want and the engineers at Bowling Green told me even in its base level configuration (no options whatsoever), it's a fabulous car. Yes they're biased, but I think they're correct (but hey, call me biased as well) and the good reviews for the Z06 are already out there as proof and I suspect we'll see a lot more of them. The Canadian pricing is:

-Coupe: $128,198 1LZ; $138,198 2LZ; $144,198 3LZ
-Convertible: $137,198 1LZ; $147,198 2LZ; $153,198 3LZ

Yes, there's tax on top, including the much detested "luxury tax". Being from Alberta, I'm likely in better shape than others elsewhere, when it comes to the overall taxes (BC residents in particular).

This is for a brand new vehicle, stock, with full factory warranty. If you want to get picky, there's a $5,000 GM "mad-money" hand-out, if you keep it for 6-months or at least I suspect it's the same deal for Canadians, compared to our US counterparts. So that decreases the net price somewhat.

If you want to track the car and you're really worried about weight, you shun the convertible and get a 1LZ Coupe, to avoid additional weight from the trim upgrades. And then I suppose the Z07 package and carbon fiber goodies are there for further performance and weight reduction if you're a true "track-rat" and into racing, but for $128,198 + tax, you get the all-important same engine as all others...plus the glorious exhaust note (trust me, I've heard it up close)...and lots of other standard features that come with the car (PDR, nice interior, same wide body, etc.).

So sure, focus on the fully or nicely optioned versions which will put you close to or over $200,000. But then compare them to fully or nicely optioned cars that offer similar performance. OR see what you get in something else w/o any options, for $128,198 plus tax, to truly compare. My 2 cents.

For $200k +, and assuming I had that kind of scratch, I am likely going somewhat more exotic than a Chevelle’s big brother. The draw for the Corvettes, including the C7 Z06, was that it was either affordable for the regular Joe or within dreaming distance. $200k is outside that market. It is priced at a comparative ratio similar to where ZR1’s used to be. Sad really because when $200k becomes available to me I am looking more broadly than just at Chevy products.
I have to agree. This is too close to Porsche territory and even some used Italian exotics. I'm sure the new Z06 is an awesome car but at that price range I too would look at other options. Only draw back would be cost of repairs for the other cars.

As a car guy I don’t look at it as a $200k Z06 vs what else is available at that price. I look at 200k Z06 vs 100k C8 + another $100k fun car and this is when things get interesting
Yup, that’s what I did (well, truthfully it had nothing to do with the Z06 since purchases made a few years ago) - 2020 C8 Z51 (495 hp. 0-60 2.8 s) and 2014 E63 (550 hp. 0-60 3.4 s). 2 door car for fun and 4 door when taking the family!

Yup, that’s what I did (well, truthfully it had nothing to do with the Z06 since purchases made a few years ago) - 2020 C8 Z51 (495 hp. 0-60 2.8 s) and 2014 E63 (550 hp. 0-60 3.4 s). 2 door car for fun and 4 door when taking the family!
I have my eye on a BMW M5 2.6 sec 0-60 for the right price

I want to start this post with a small disclaimer. If you're currently on a waiting list for a Z06, your patience will be a venture and very much worth it!

The Eighth-Gen Corvette Z06 is not a Car it's THE CAR.

To highlight this, I have provided a link to a video recently uploaded by Hagerty that shows why the 23 Corvette Z06 is the new naturally aspirated mid-engine rear-wheel drive king!

To long-time Corvette fans, this is the moment we've all been waiting for; the release of the C8 Z06 is our pounding on the chest, king of the jungle moment.

Using the US Corvette Build and Price tool, I've provided below photos of how I would build my Z06 and I would love to see yours.
(I used real-world images of the interior; since the ones provided on Chevrolet.com does not showcase the Adrenaline Red Dipped the way it should look)

This Car has been my screen saver for about eight months!

View attachment 103254 View attachment 103256

View attachment 103257View attachment 103258

View attachment 103259View attachment 103260View attachment 103261

Too much red for me; but, black & red interior would be nice with that exterior color.

I have to agree. This is too close to Porsche territory and even some used Italian exotics. I'm sure the new Z06 is an awesome car but at that price range I too would look at other options. Only draw back would be cost of repairs for the other cars.
Bargain IMHO. Those other cars are crazy expensive to repair and maintain. Porsche Turbo S - used (2 YO) probably $250K. Plus C8 has room for golf clubs etc. which is important to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread