Go for the C7 now, even a lightly used one. Wait for the C8 rush to abate a bit, also for them to work out all the inevitable bugs that a new model always has. You'll never lose with the C7, not only on value, but the opportunity to own one, and the C8 later on. Personally, the C8 is a really cool car...but there is nothing "Vette" about it. The C7 is gorgeous!
Absolutely what you said is true , i will work on that and think like you and maybe go for a C7 Z06 3 brand new 2019 👍 and there is a pic of the one i am on
Screenshot_2020-01-26-09-50-40.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, i have give 2 deposits for the new C8 because i only like the shape of the car,where i do not know what to do is because i have also see a brend new 2019 Z03 3LZ that i really like , for me the C7 are more impressive and good looking, good shape nice build and aesthetic to and classy , so what i am thinking is to get the C7 Z06 why, just because after 45 years of working and now just retired i do not want to wait for the C8 because nobody knows when i will have it, dealers told me for sure in year 22 my god i spent so much time in my life to wait ,now at 60 and time go faster each days,do you think i should go for the C7 Z06 brand new or wait , and maybe get die in 2 years but i am in shaped, thank's
Get the C7dan , life is short . Get the C8dan in a few years !!

Dan, buy the C7 NOW man. Now, you hear me! It is an amazing car that will make you smile every time you get in and every time you look at it in your garage. Go to Spring Mountain in Nevada and take the Corvette Owners School 2 day course - GM pays 65% of the fee. Drive it and enjoy it. As others have said, when 2022 comes along and if a C8 strikes your fancy, trade in your beautiful C7 - by the way - I really like that colour. Buy it NOW! Life is short man, I am 74 and drive my Stingray almost every day - even in winter. Wish I had bought a Corvette when I was 65. And one more thing Dan - buy it now.

IMHO, all cars are very personal choices. Don't rely on what others opinions are. All vettes of all generations should and can be appreciated for what they represent. Each is a time capsule of great sports cars of their generation. Personally, I like them all. I lined up for the C8 from from the day of the reveal. I think that it will represent a world class effort at a mid engine at a bargain price. I can only see GM's pricing on this car going up and up. At my age (soon to be 54) I wanted to experience both the comfort of a daily driver and be able to go to a track and let loose. I have friends that have their Porsches, etc. and I will be the one American Muscle Car in the group. Looking forward to seeing how she stacks up in the field. haha. As a value guy, I will take pleasure in the competition with them at half the price. All in good fun.
So get the C7 or wait for the C8. No wrong choices here.

Last edited:
Hi, i have give 2 deposits for the new C8 because i only like the shape of the car,where i do not know what to do is because i have also see a brend new 2019 Z03 3LZ that i really like , for me the C7 are more impressive and good looking, good shape nice build and aesthetic to and classy , so what i am thinking is to get the C7 Z06 why, just because after 45 years of working and now just retired i do not want to wait for the C8 because nobody knows when i will have it, dealers told me for sure in year 22 my god i spent so much time in my life to wait ,now at 60 and time go faster each days,do you think i should go for the C7 Z06 brand new or wait , and maybe get die in 2 years but i am in shaped, thank's
What I would do if i was in your shoes would be to get a used 16-18 Zo6 and than start looking at selling it when your C8 is 3-4 months away from production. You want to find a C7 that has gone through some of the initial depreciation and has tapered off. Depending on when your C8 gets built will be a big factor on how long you own a C7. For example if its getting built in the early spring I would sell it in the fall.
I have some Z06 models that are perfect candidates for this scenario if you are interested.

What? C7s will depreciate 😩 ... that’s not at all what salespeople that I won’t buy from told me in contrast to all the time when i was shopping C7s ... 😂

What? C7s will depreciate 😩 ... that’s not at all what salespeople that I won’t buy from told me in contrast to all the time when i was shopping C7s ... 😂
Well lets be rational here, no vehicle that has 20-30k produced a year is going to go up in value. If the salesrep said this to you i would walk away becase he is cutting corners on the sales process and is not looking out for your best interest when he gives you false information like that. Almost every car looses money, the vette just looses a lot less and the fun per dollar ratio is through the roof compared to most sports cars in its group.

Reactions: YFCvii
Well lets be rational here, no vehicle that has 20-30k produced a year is going to go up in value. If the salesrep said this to you i would walk away becase he is cutting corners on the sales process and is not looking out for your best interest when he gives you false information like that. Almost every car looses money, the vette just looses a lot less and the fun per dollar ratio is through the roof compared to most sports cars in its group.
Ya ... there were a couple of youngish salespeople saying this to my ear. In the next breath, knew nothing much about the car nor when i asked “i hear there is a driving school, is that true!”?
My statement of surprise with depreciation was sarcasm as I’ve already had 40% recovery trade in value “offers” on my 2016 3LT Ray from dealers I won’t normally buy from who had the ZR1 or the Z06 upgrade I entertained last year.
So i will continue my miles-of-smiles and drive my Ray until the condition catches up (deteriorates) to its realized trade in value.

I have a friend with a Manual C7 and he struggles to think of selling because of the depreciation hit that he would take.

No doubt the C8 will experience this same chatter when the C9 comes out. 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: ABC
I have a Manual C7 and wouldn't sell it because it's a manual. Have owned and loved almost exclusively manuals all my life and I just can't see myself driving an automatic sports car, playing with paddles, and trying to fool myself into thinking it's a manual. I have a Lincoln with paddles and it just doesn't do it for me, and it goes like snot too. My diesel truck is a M6 and I wouldn't sell it for the same reason. Everyone has their preferences but I honestly believe with the disappearance of manual transmissions, and being the last generation of FE, and once the C8 drug begins to wear thin, we will see the C6 and C7 hold value extremely well. Remember back in 2014 when every review said: "GM finally listened and built this car right"... Well.... they did, and that still holds...

Next year, the ME Z06 will likely be announced, the bargain basement introductory price of the C8 base will be no more and the leftover and used C6's and C7's are going to start looking a lot more attractive. Now that GM has the C8 on roads everywhere (or will this season), there will be a few tweaks made and the price of the 2021 base will no doubt be adjusted considerably to increase the black ink in GM's ledgers. It will still be a reasonably priced American made exotic but I just can't see this car entering it's second or third year at a base price less than $ 100k. The Z06 will start at or over $135k...Put a couple options on it and you will be at $160k so fast you won't know what happened. The ZR1 or Zora or whatever ....well.... we will talk about that next year after we see the Z06... And before you ask me for my source...lol.... this is purely my own opinion and I remember a time before when I was wrong...... I think....;)

I have a Manual C7 and wouldn't sell it because it's a manual. Have owned and loved almost exclusively manuals all my life and I just can't see myself driving an automatic sports car, playing with paddles, and trying to fool myself into thinking it's a manual. I have a Lincoln with paddles and it just doesn't do it for me, and it goes like snot too. My diesel truck is a M6 and I wouldn't sell it for the same reason. Everyone has their preferences but I honestly believe with the disappearance of manual transmissions, and being the last generation of FE, and once the C8 drug begins to wear thin, we will see the C6 and C7 hold value extremely well. Remember back in 2014 when every review said: "GM finally listened and built this car right"... Well.... they did, and that still holds...

Next year, the ME Z06 will likely be announced, the bargain basement introductory price of the C8 base will be no more and the leftover and used C6's and C7's are going to start looking a lot more attractive. Now that GM has the C8 on roads everywhere (or will this season), there will be a few tweaks made and the price of the 2021 base will no doubt be adjusted considerably to increase the black ink in GM's ledgers. It will still be a reasonably priced American made exotic but I just can't see this car entering it's second or third year at a base price less than $ 100k. The Z06 will start at or over $135k...Put a couple options on it and you will be at $160k so fast you won't know what happened. The ZR1 or Zora or whatever ....well.... we will talk about that next year after we see the Z06... And before you ask me for my source...lol.... this is purely my own opinion and I remember a time before when I was wrong...... I think....;)

People have a hard time buying a new corvette now and from what I see Canadians buy way more stingrays than Z06. On the American side since the price is a lot lower people go for the Z06 judging from all those u-tube videos. With the price hike of the C8 there will be a lot less sold. Without knowing the actual price it would probably be out of my budget.

Just read an article (Hagerty maybe?)that talks about the increase in value of the C4 series currently taking place. A new found interest in this body style, probably driven by the current high prices gleaned by the newer C6, C7 and now C8 models. Those who always wanted a Vette are now jumping on the older stuff before it too gets out of hand. Obviously us C4 guys are happy about that!

People have a hard time buying a new corvette now and from what I see Canadians buy way more stingrays than Z06. On the American side since the price is a lot lower people go for the Z06 judging from all those u-tube videos. With the price hike of the C8 there will be a lot less sold. Without knowing the actual price it would probably be out of my budget.

What people? I bought 3 Z06s. Paid cash for all of them and I am just a working stiff like everyone else. It's about getting what you actually want and not settling on something that kind of looks like what you want. If that is a Stingray... great and if it's something else that's fine too. The Z06 is proportionally higher in price in either country. Before you rebutt... check the trim and option levels. My car was almost 30K higher than the standard 3LZ Z06 new in 17. Your statement is somewhat based on your own situation and certainly not representative of "people" perhaps?

Last edited:
What people? I bought 3 Z06s. Paid cash for all of them and I am just a working stiff like everyone else. It's about getting what you actually want and not settling on something that kind of looks like what you want. If that is a Stingray... great and if it's something else that's fine too. The Z06 is proportionally higher in price in either country. Before you rebutt... check the trim and option levels. My car was almost 30K higher than the standard 3LZ Z06 new in 17. Your statement is somewhat based on your own situation and certainly not representative of "people" perhaps?

I'm speaking generally as in most people including me when I was an employee. Sure if you work at the government or have a job with a vague title description or own your business it's out of reach. For example working construction guys make around 38$/hr +13% vacation and many people would tell me I made a hell of a lot of money but it wasn't true at all. Once everyone took a cut from your pay check around 55-60% was taken out and working only 5-6 months a year you came out of it without savings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.