Casual User
Jan 19, 2020
Laval
VetteCoins
Car
2019 C7 Z06 7M
Province
QC
Hi, i have give 2 deposits for the new C8 because i only like the shape of the car,where i do not know what to do is because i have also see a brend new 2019 Z03 3LZ that i really like , for me the C7 are more impressive and good looking, good shape nice build and aesthetic to and classy , so what i am thinking is to get the C7 Z06 why, just because after 45 years of working and now just retired i do not want to wait for the C8 because nobody knows when i will have it, dealers told me for sure in year 22 my god i spent so much time in my life to wait ,now at 60 and time go faster each days,do you think i should go for the C7 Z06 brand new or wait , and maybe get die in 2 years but i am in shaped, thank's

Hi, i have give 2 deposits for the new C8 because i only like the shape of the car,where i do not know what to do, i have also see a brend new 2019 Z03 3LZ i think but it is a 3, for me the C7 are more impressive and good looking, good shape nice build and aesthetic to and classy , so what i am thinking is to get the C7 Z06 why, just because after 45 years of working and now just retired i do not want to wait for the C8 because nobody knows when i will have it, dealers told me for sure in year 22 my god i spent so much time in my life to wait ,now at 60 and time go faster each days,do you think i should go for the C7 Z06 brand new or wait , and maybe get die in 2 years but i am in shaped, thank's
Get the C8, you will regret getting the C7, yesterday's tech. Mid engine us the way to go. I do think C7' s are awesome but I like the latest technology, easier to drive fast DCT, etc.

The Z06 is of course a proven and sorted out car. Like you I like the C7 more than the C8 so I understand your thought process.

I wish you luck with what ever you decide to do. Enjoy YOUR Corvette.
C8dan has two deposits for a C8. The only reason he is looking for a C7 is because he wants a car this summer. 60 is the new 40, C8Dan I'm getting a C8 and we are close in age. Bon chance monsieur! No regrets.

Reactions: ccltj
Hi, i have give 2 deposits for the new C8 because i only like the shape of the car,where i do not know what to do is because i have also see a brend new 2019 Z03 3LZ that i really like , for me the C7 are more impressive and good looking, good shape nice build and aesthetic to and classy , so what i am thinking is to get the C7 Z06 why, just because after 45 years of working and now just retired i do not want to wait for the C8 because nobody knows when i will have it, dealers told me for sure in year 22 my god i spent so much time in my life to wait ,now at 60 and time go faster each days,do you think i should go for the C7 Z06 brand new or wait , and maybe get die in 2 years but i am in shaped, thank's

Another option is to get a deeply discounted C7 now and trade it in for a C8 in a couple of years time provided you've not sent yourself to speeding jail :) Sure you'll lose some cash on trade in but not as much as a few years ago and you'll be getting into a C8 comfortably without all the panic of a first gen year in Canada.

I was in a similar situation as you with the exception of being a few years younger. Been looking at getting a Corvette for a few years, I had the option of putting a deposit on a C8 with a probable delivery in 2021 or looking at the current C7 and purchasing one now.

Trying to consider all option such as my age,health,financial,technology,availability etc. I made the decision to go with a slightly used C7 (5K Kms and 5 years old) a real garage queen.
The main reasons being, I can enjoy the Car now while my health is good, the first Owner paid the major part of the depreciation,the C7 is a proven car.

Much is yet to be seen about the C8, by no means saying that it won't be a great car but this is GM's first attempt to mass market the Tech/ Mechanical etc. in the C8. Yes, the warranty will cover any issues but would prefer these to come to the surface and addressed during the first two years. After that, I would definitely look at one.

I will add, I am not opposed to purchasing a Used Car, so if all works out well with the C8 during the first few years of production, there will be quite a few up for sale as the various models get released and early year buyers want to upgrade.

Good luck and best wishes with whichever you choose.

Last edited:
For me it was an easy answer as I was dreaming for 2 years to get a car for this upcoming summer and I was in your shoes last month. Either wait 1-2 years for a more exotic looking C8 that resembles a lambo or get a used C7 and save a good deal of cash. For me I couldn't wait for a car and I love the C7 look and I think it looks better than the C8.

Well I'm going to have a wonderful C7 this summer ready to go. Just got it this week and it's waiting for me in storage and when there's enough C8's in stock in a year or 2 and if I like what I see in person I might trade it in. In any case I won't be without hot wheels this summer. If money isn't a concern get a C7 in the mean time.

If your patient and don't care to wait 1-2 years get the C8.

I was in a similar situation as you with the exception of being a few years younger. Been looking at getting a Corvette for a few years, I had the option of putting a deposit on a C8 with a probable delivery in 2021 or looking at the current C7 and purchasing one now.

Trying to consider all option such as my age,health,financial,technology,availability etc. I made the decision to go with a slightly used C7 (5K Kms and 5 years old) a real garage queen.
The main reasons being, I can enjoy the Car now while my health is good, the first Owner paid the major part of the depreciation,the C7 is a proven car.

Much is yet to be seen about the C8, by no means saying that it won't be a great car but this is GM's first attempt to mass market the Tech/ Mechanical etc. in the C8. Yes, the warranty will cover any issues but would prefer these to come to the surface and addressed during the first two years. After that, I would definitely look at one.
Hi me too i think the same of of what you thinking i will prefered to enjoy it this summer and for lot of reasons like you think , i am sure i will enjoy it , and maybe later go for a C8 of the years thanks

Reactions: RockyPM and BDK
I get what you're saying. I made my reservation almost 5 years ago. BNWAITNG is one of my custom plate considerations lol. I coulda bought a C7 in the meantime if I wanted to, and at my age with the stress of my business and wife and kids and all, I can do whatever and none of them would say shlt to me except for they'd hope I'm happy. I waited, cause the reward for my wait is on the way! Life is short sure, but theres little if any satisfaction in second choice!

Reactions: JoeyBats and C8dan
Go for the C7 now, even a lightly used one. Wait for the C8 rush to abate a bit, also for them to work out all the inevitable bugs that a new model always has. You'll never lose with the C7, not only on value, but the opportunity to own one, and the C8 later on. Personally, the C8 is a really cool car...but there is nothing "Vette" about it. The C7 is gorgeous!

What kinks?

Don't forget it is General Motors you are dealing with. How about...

Harmonic Balancers
Rocking seats, rockers are nice but not in your sports car
Steering Column seizing up
Transmission leaks
Gear fluid leaks at the axle shafts
Oil Pressure Senders
Fuel Pressure senders
Wheels
Stuck clutch pedals
Clocks that disappear
Mouldings that crack
Electronics that fail
Perhaps the worst headlights in automotive history

Just saying...

Meh, get what you want. who gives a flying eff about whats new or “the buzz”? I don’t.

If your description of the C7 is your actual opinion and not trying to justify it to yourself (believe me, I do the same thing sometimes), then it sounds like you would be happier with a C7.
The C8 fervor is becuase its new, so theres a lot of excitement about it. Its easy to get caught up in that and convince yourself thats what you should buy.

Myself? I generally ignore what “the crowd” is doing. I bought an 88 C4 convertible this past year.

Could I have afforded a C7 or C8? Yep, easily. Likely would have been happy with one too.

But my “old” C4 is much more a “drivers car”. Its loud, it can be clunky and its relatively “unrefined” compared to newer models. Even a C5 will “eat its lunch”. But my old C4 is a viseral, engaged driving experience. The car is very good, but you have to drive it. No traction control, no active suspension or anything else in the way of automation. Only cruise and abs. Just the way I like it.

Just the way you should like a C7 over a C8 (at least from your words above). Keep in mind what makes you happy a out the car and its almost always NOT performance numbers. Its one of those “when you walk away do you look back?” Type of things.

And, as already mentioned, you can buy a C7 (right now) and enjoy it for the next two years, then upgrade to a C8 if you decide you want one. By then, this stupid waiting list BS will be over and done and you will probably be able to walk onto the lot and pick one. Not to mention, you will probably be able to negotiate price as opposed to right now where its pay what they ask or they just move to the next on the waiting list...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.