This reminds me of April of 2019. I was at Detroit Iron Cycle in White Lake, Michigan to pick up a bike I had in storage there. White Lake isn't close to Milford but not far either. I had it loaded on the trailer and I was parked in their lot against a curb at a roadway sidewalk, facing oncoming traffic. I was just about to leave when my cell rang with one of my guys calling in. We were on the phone for maybe 10 minutes or so, when all of sudden that white pre-pro model that we've all seen pictured all last year came rolling by. You know the one, with the vinyl wrap in the white base and the black graphics? Just coming down the street at like 35 KPH with all the traffic, like its nobody's business. So basically I screamed into the phone like a 9th grader and blew out his ear drum. It was too fast for me to get a pic (especially when I was already on my cell) and just slow enough to be etched into my hard drive. It was pretty exciting!

DAMN I WANT THE VERT!!!!!

Reactions: Riley P
That is really really cool! Thanks for posting your impressions and the pictures! It's also inspiring to hear how it handles the winter, so you know it will only be better when warmer temperatures arrive! Great story, great pics! Thank you very much.

Reactions: Morgan
@OttawaKev DM'd me this and I thought it would be better to answer it here. @Riley P thank you for the kind words. I am glad to see there are people out there that are just as eager and excited about this as I am.

"Hey Morgan WAY TO GO!!!!! (Stalker) hahahahah

Was that a 2 tone interior of the tan and black GT2 seat if so how did it look did it make the interior feel small?

Did it have CF trim what did it look like?

Okay Ill stop at 2 hahahaha"

Cheers,

Kevin

So it did have Natural dipped two tone GT2 seats and I was a bit on the fluffy side when I was in it. I did not feel comfortable enough to ask him to pop the trunk so i could put my goose down jacket in the frunk. The vette smelled nice but he smoked (not in it) and I could not get over that smell to really focus 100% on it. I was literally before I got the call from my pops taking apart and going through the very first CT5 Cadillac to land at our delaer so I had two really good examples to compare it to. The most notable new feature of the interior in my opinion were the laser cut Bose performance series speakers that moulded perfectly with the lines of the doors and dash, inside the dash is a piece of art. On the top behind the screen there is a valley between the two sides of the top dash where they have a speaker lining the bottom almost like a tunnel to project sound. Its just beautiful.
The vettei drove did not have CF accents so I cant comment on those.
Attached is the Platinum interior in the CT5 I was in.

Attachments

• rfsvcrvcsrvrfv.jpg
    rfsvcrvcsrvrfv.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 52
From the first pic you posted that doesn't look like the dipped interior, looks to be two-tone natural. It has a black dash anb black door panels. Dipped should be natural everywhere. You can also tell it's a pre-production model by the black headrest on the natural seats. Production models will have a natural headrest when two-tone is ordered.

Reactions: EJChevy
To help avoid confusion, these are the Natural leather interior options if you get a 3LT:

Natual, Napa leather seating surfaces:
Screenshot (18).png

Screenshot (22).png

Natural, Napa leather with two-tone seats:
Screenshot (20).png

Screenshot (21).png

Natural Dipped, Napa leather:
Screenshot (19).png

Screenshot (23).png

Dipped interiors cannot be combined with two-tone seats.

Natrual interior is not available in any of the 'custom' interior colours.

I lucked into meeting this nice guy at the local Enroute last Fall. Very nice fellow and gave me the tour of the car and said it was probably the only one in Canada at that time. He was up visiting family. Now I'm hoping he wasn't the chap that got arrested for speeding because it looks like the same car. I took a video of him driving away but it wont let me upload it here.

Attachments

• IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    574.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1586.JPG
    IMG_1586.JPG
    584.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    573.1 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Riley P and EJChevy
I lucked into meeting this nice guy at the local Enroute last Fall. Very nice fellow and gave me the tour of the car and said it was probably the only one in Canada at that time. He was up visiting family. Now I'm hoping he wasn't the chap that got arrested for speeding because it looks like the same car. I took a video of him driving away but it wont let me upload it here.
You need to upload to YouTube or Vimeo or one of the other vid sites and paste the link here.

• Winner
Reactions: kerry4 and EJChevy
You need to upload to YouTube or Vimeo or one of the other vid sites and paste the link here.
Ok did that. Thanks. Its such a short clip its hardly worth it. Its only the second time I have uploaded a video on YouTube. The first one was of my 1991 Acura NSX. At least it sounded better. It was opened up on a back country road.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Heres a video of my old 1991 Acura NSX. Still kicking myself for selling it. Once the new ones came out the used ones pretty much doubled in price. Was probably the most fun car I have ever owned.I was on a back deserted country road when I took this. But there was a stop sign just over the hill as I went by. Turn up the volume. :cool:

He is a chief engineer working on another vehicle and Tadge asked him to try it out. He had a VDR device in it that would record everything he wanted, he would press a button and it would record 30s into the past so that he and the chief engineering team can collaborate on in a few weeks. This was not a production model
You should have him mention to GM and Tadge , to how bad Canadas rollout has been and is wanting just general info on the C8 and how they could offer more for the display at the Canadian Auto Shows they will be going to. In Montreal there was really nothing but just the 2 C8s the option dosplays they have had at the US Dealerships would be FANTASTIC!!!!

You should have him mention to GM and Tadge , to how bad Canadas rollout has been and is wanting just general info on the C8 and how they could offer more for the display at the Canadian Auto Shows they will be going to. In Montreal there was really nothing but just the 2 C8s the option dosplays they have had at the US Dealerships would be FANTASTIC!!!!
We looked into bringing them up but they wanted 22k CDN a day. We seriously considered it but instead have organized two events at the dealership that you all are welcome to. One when our first two arrive and one the first Friday in May to offer test drives. More news to come about those.

• Winner
Reactions: OttawaKev
Heres a video of my old 1991 Acura NSX. Still kicking myself for selling it. Once the new ones came out the used ones pretty much doubled in price. Was probably the most fun car I have ever owned.I was on a back deserted country road when I took this. But there was a stop sign just over the hill as I went by. Turn up the volume. :cool:

One of the greatest cars ever made.

We looked into bringing them up but they wanted 22k CDN a day. We seriously considered it but instead have organized two events at the dealership that you all are welcome to. One when our first two arrive and one the first Friday in May to offer test drives. More news to come about those.
A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well you think the big auto shows would pick that up :) Thats a lot of coin for the dealership level no matter how you slice it.

... the first Friday in May to offer test drives. More news to come about those.
Checking YYC flights to London (or Hamilton) for the first weekend in May now ...
may need someone from London to pick me up in "something" :angelic:
Hmmmm ... Westjet sale today has it costing less than 2 tickets to an NHL game ... :joyful:
Now to just set up a "business meeting" for the write-off :Pompus:

Last edited:
Thanks. I owned it for 5 years. Might not have been the fastest car of the road with only 270 HP but man could it handle and so smooth to drive.

That was really the only thing holding it back: It didn't have enough power to compete with the European supercars of that era: it's target competition.

Reactions: kerry4
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread