Jan 12, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
20 3LT Z51 Matrix G
Province
ON
Hey guys,
I am part of a car group called 519 Drives and we have a WhatsApp group chat between all of us. At noon today one of our members saw a red C8 driving down oxford st and posted in the group. I started trying to hunt it down and was not successful. At about 3 today my dad sent me a photo of it in the Joe Kools parking lot and I raced down to see it.. On the way i called the owner of JK and told him if he sees a guy with a red vette to hold him up. He laughed and said the guy was there to visit him and to come on by. I spent an hour picking a suspension engineers brain from the Warren Technical centre and by the end he was happy to show me the ropes on this new beast. I am completely BLOWN AWAY by the capabilities of this C8 and can not wait to do some of the things I experienced in a production spec. I took a bunch of photos and videos but I am not comfortable sharing them as I don't want to be breaking any rules. If I find out its ok to I can send some cool stuff :)

c8vet.jpg

Hey guys,
I am part of a car group called 519 Drives and we have a WhatsApp group chat between all of us. At noon today one of our members saw a red C8 driving down oxford st and posted in the group. I started trying to hunt it down and was not successful. At about 3 today my dad sent me a photo of it in the Joe Kools parking lot and I raced down to see it.. On the way i called the owner of JK and told him if he sees a guy with a red vette to hold him up. He laughed and said the guy was there to visit him and to come on by. I spent an hour picking a suspension engineers brain from the Warren Technical centre and by the end he was happy to show me the ropes on this new beast. I am completely BLOWN AWAY by the capabilities of this C8 and can not wait to do some of the things I experienced in a production spec. I took a bunch of photos and videos but I am not comfortable sharing them as I don't want to be breaking any rules. If I find out its ok to I can send some cool stuff :)
How cool!
Did it have the mag. ride?
I don't think that suspension engineer would mind if you told us what he said about that mag ride... would he?

How cool!
Did it have the mag. ride?
I don't think that suspension engineer would mind if you told us what he said about that mag ride... would he?
you can tell it has mag ride because of the two wires coming out of the top where strut tower is in the second photo. This suspension component of what he was explaining to me was invaluable. "there is no drama to the car now like in previous gens"
The grip in this vette is astounding in -5 weather. I have NEVER seen a car handle like it did in the conditions we were facing

Reactions: Bucketoy
Moderator already stated above you are free to share.
So I have had some time to gather my thoughts and watch the videos I took in the Vette and I have some observations to point out.
1. The DCT is flawless and has just an overall perfect sound and feel. Downshifting in it is impeccable, your head is not bobbing around and the mechanical sounds it makes downshifting is just perfect.
2. It is extremely refined and composed. She is not as raw as previous vetts. You really feel that the C8 has a lot more capable chassis and that its easier to drive all around. "When you accelerate in a corner your steering is a lot more precise, no counter steer is needed". (a summarized quote from the GM engineer)
3. The acceleration is better than the C7 Z06 easily. Even in -5 weather and winters on it was able to completely sell me on its abilities.
4. The roads were not good today, there was partial snow and ice coverage all-over London and it handled better than I would have ever expected a Vette could. I am 100% serious when I say that I am now considering driving my C8 part time in the winter. He was able to slam on the brakes and floor it on snowy roads with ease which was shocking.
5. This 3LT had GT2 seats and they were very snug. I am 6, 1" 250lbs and was wearing a full suit with a big canada goose jacket on in the seat so I am not really confident giving an honest review of it just yet. You are a lot more compartmentalized than in previous Vett's. You fell like you are 100% in a performance vehicle and less of a sports car. The passenger is a lot more cut off from the driver as well. I am worried my wife is going to not like the passenger seat....
The drivers seat is a feast for the senses, you just are surrounded like a glove but in a good way. I did not feel claustrophobic in it which is surprising because I am a big guy. Headroom was a lot better and armrests were perfectly placed. Only thing I was a bit iffy on was how the mode selector was placed.
The quality of the interior is top of the line. Before I was in the C8 today, I delivered a 2020 Range Rover Autobiography and it was on the same level as this 180k beast. I had a lot of time to mess around and touch all the panels within the cockpit and you will all be satisfied.
6. Sound quality is top notch from the new bose performance series speakers, we put some rap music on to hear the bass and it did not disappoint.
7. It sounds like a Vette, even though it gives the feel that it is a lot more refined, she still knows how to roar. I was happy with the amount of engine noise I heard inside and was not able to notice it being artificial sounds through the speakers.

Overall my experience GREATLY exceeded my expectations of what I thought this C8 would be like. I am 150% going to have more folks adding to the list so if you don't have a depo in at a dealership yet you need to get your CC out and phone your dealer up. DM me if you want an awesome delivery experience :)

Hey guys,
Lucky you!
I believe that is the first one spotted in London!

Reactions: ABC
So I have had some time to gather my thoughts and watch the videos I took in the Vette and I have some observations to point out.
1. The DCT is flawless and has just an overall perfect sound and feel. Downshifting in it is impeccable, your head is not bobbing around and the mechanical sounds it makes downshifting is just perfect.
2. It is extremely refined and composed. She is not as raw as previous vetts. You really feel that the C8 has a lot more capable chassis and that its easier to drive all around. "When you accelerate in a corner your steering is a lot more precise, no counter steer is needed". (a summarized quote from the GM engineer)
3. The acceleration is better than the C7 Z06 easily. Even in -5 weather and winters on it was able to completely sell me on its abilities.
4. The roads were not good today, there was partial snow and ice coverage all-over London and it handled better than I would have ever expected a Vette could. I am 100% serious when I say that I am now considering driving my C8 part time in the winter. He was able to slam on the brakes and floor it on snowy roads with ease which was shocking.
5. This 3LT had GT2 seats and they were very snug. I am 6, 1" 250lbs and was wearing a full suit with a big canada goose jacket on in the seat so I am not really confident giving an honest review of it just yet. You are a lot more compartmentalized than in previous Vett's. You fell like you are 100% in a performance vehicle and less of a sports car. The passenger is a lot more cut off from the driver as well. I am worried my wife is going to not like the passenger seat....
The drivers seat is a feast for the senses, you just are surrounded like a glove but in a good way. I did not feel claustrophobic in it which is surprising because I am a big guy. Headroom was a lot better and armrests were perfectly placed. Only thing I was a bit iffy on was how the mode selector was placed.
The quality of the interior is top of the line. Before I was in the C8 today, I delivered a 2020 Range Rover Autobiography and it was on the same level as this 180k beast. I had a lot of time to mess around and touch all the panels within the cockpit and you will all be satisfied.
6. Sound quality is top notch from the new bose performance series speakers, we put some rap music on to hear the bass and it did not disappoint.
7. It sounds like a Vette, even though it gives the feel that it is a lot more refined, she still knows how to roar. I was happy with the amount of engine noise I heard inside and was not able to notice it being artificial sounds through the speakers.

Overall my experience GREATLY exceeded my expectations of what I thought this C8 would be like. I am 150% going to have more folks adding to the list so if you don't have a depo in at a dealership yet you need to get your CC out and phone your dealer up. DM me if you want an awesome delivery experience :)
This is all super exciting, do you have any information in regards to who this person was who had the privilege of driving and taking care of it? You said this is a production vehicle, so is this a GM guy driving the vehicle or a customer who happens to have one of the first in the world? Cheers!

Reactions: ABC
This is all super exciting, do you have any information in regards to who this person was who had the privilege of driving and taking care of it? You said this is a production vehicle, so is this a GM guy driving the vehicle or a customer who happens to have one of the first in the world? Cheers!
He is a chief engineer working on another vehicle and Tadge asked him to try it out. He had a VDR device in it that would record everything he wanted, he would press a button and it would record 30s into the past so that he and the chief engineering team can collaborate on in a few weeks. This was not a production model

He is a chief engineer working on another vehicle and Tadge asked him to try it out. He had a VDR device in it that would record everything he wanted, he would press a button and it would record 30s into the past so that he and the chief engineering team can collaborate on in a few weeks. This was not a production model
Gotcha! This is what I initially expected, any idea how long he’s going to have the car for? I’d love to try spotting it someday just to see torch red in person.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread