He said it on the american corvette forum, he is a platinum sponsor and has his own feed that he started going on about it. It was interesting but I got the vibe that some things were being lost in translation. The guys at spring mountain do not work for gm they are just professional racers that have under the guidance of GM created a program to help C8 buyers learn how to get the most out of their product. In no way do they represent GM and their claims are more their opinion over official GM.

It was likely a pre-production car as well, so there may be different pads used in the production model.

Looks like more "he said, she said" and more information no one should take seriously until the real thing comes out.

Reactions: Morgan
There is often an abundance of questionable hearsay that gets reported and sometimes dramatized as well. It is always good practice not to take information to the bank until it becomes fact. Re-posts from other forums do require source and credit given to the writer.

Have a read...

Now lets get this thread back on track.

thread direction.jpg

Hmmmm.... Never noticed a lag... Notice some still can't figure out the finger motion though.... Weird....

I actually had to go to a C7 in our showroom to figure out what lag there is. Yes, it's not immediate, but I never had a customer complaint. That will be a nice touch that will make the C8 more refined.

who knew?
Door actuator lag?
What’s the hurry? 🤪

someone actually questioned me about the window dropping slightly when getting in “won’t rain drops get in”? ... 😩

Goes without saying that changing (not really “fixing”) door entry does not have me running to a C8.

Another example I chaulk-up to Corvette OCD being at its best 🤪👍🏻

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
who knew?
Door actuator lag?
What’s the hurry? 🤪

someone actually questioned me about the window dropping slightly when getting in “won’t rain drops get in”? ... 😩

Goes without saying that changing (not really “fixing”) door entry does not have me running to a C8.

Another example I chaulk-up to Corvette OCD being at its best 🤪👍🏻

Does rain get in?

Yes, yes it does. A LOT.

He said it on the american corvette forum, he is a platinum sponsor and has his own feed that he started going on about it. It was interesting but I got the vibe that some things were being lost in translation. The guys at spring mountain do not work for gm they are just professional racers that have under the guidance of GM created a program to help C8 buyers learn how to get the most out of their product. In no way do they represent GM and their claims are more their opinion over official GM.
But you also noticed it on your ACTUAL DRIVE in a C8 the other week, correct?

So I have had some time to gather my thoughts and watch the videos I took in the Vette and I have some observations to point out.
1. The DCT is flawless and has just an overall perfect sound and feel. Downshifting in it is impeccable, your head is not bobbing around and the mechanical sounds it makes downshifting is just perfect.
2. It is extremely refined and composed. She is not as raw as previous vetts. You really feel that the C8 has a lot more capable chassis and that its easier to drive all around. "When you accelerate in a corner your steering is a lot more precise, no counter steer is needed". (a summarized quote from the GM engineer)
3. The acceleration is better than the C7 Z06 easily. Even in -5 weather and winters on it was able to completely sell me on its abilities.
4. The roads were not good today, there was partial snow and ice coverage all-over London and it handled better than I would have ever expected a Vette could. I am 100% serious when I say that I am now considering driving my C8 part time in the winter. He was able to slam on the brakes and floor it on snowy roads with ease which was shocking.
5. This 3LT had GT2 seats and they were very snug. I am 6, 1" 250lbs and was wearing a full suit with a big canada goose jacket on in the seat so I am not really confident giving an honest review of it just yet. You are a lot more compartmentalized than in previous Vett's. You fell like you are 100% in a performance vehicle and less of a sports car. The passenger is a lot more cut off from the driver as well. I am worried my wife is going to not like the passenger seat....
The drivers seat is a feast for the senses, you just are surrounded like a glove but in a good way. I did not feel claustrophobic in it which is surprising because I am a big guy. Headroom was a lot better and armrests were perfectly placed. Only thing I was a bit iffy on was how the mode selector was placed.
The quality of the interior is top of the line. Before I was in the C8 today, I delivered a 2020 Range Rover Autobiography and it was on the same level as this 180k beast. I had a lot of time to mess around and touch all the panels within the cockpit and you will all be satisfied.
6. Sound quality is top notch from the new bose performance series speakers, we put some rap music on to hear the bass and it did not disappoint.
7. It sounds like a Vette, even though it gives the feel that it is a lot more refined, she still knows how to roar. I was happy with the amount of engine noise I heard inside and was not able to notice it being artificial sounds through the speakers.

Overall my experience GREATLY exceeded my expectations of what I thought this C8 would be like. I am 150% going to have more folks adding to the list so if you don't have a depo in at a dealership yet you need to get your CC out and phone your dealer up. DM me if you want an awesome delivery experience :)
Page 153 of the Owners Manual "As with all high performance break systems, some amount of break squeal is normal" I hope this is just meaning for the break in period and hell even when I have had breaks replaced pads and rotors on my current cars they have never squealed....thoughts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread