Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
My 2006 C6 Z51 purchased December 2006 costs $1,500 per year to insure. I am the principal driver. This includes all the bells and whistles and a $500 deductible. The Vette is insured ALL YEAR LONG so I can drive it on those warm Winter days. My 2003 Ford Focus Wagon SES with the same riders (plus our 25 year old daughter as a principal) costs $1,800 per year to insure. Now here is the funny part. Bonnie is the principal driver on the 2009 Ford Focus SE (sedan) and it costs $2,050 per year to insure.

Is this nuts or what?

Check out TD insurance.
Car Insurance Quotes - TD Insurance - TD Canada Trust

They are awesome and will go over all the "little things" with you. Plus you get multi vehicle discounts and i think even more if you insure your home with them. One suggestion.....make sure you get yourself glass coverage. Buddy of mine got a quote to replace his windshield on his C5 and it was about $2400 lol. Definately check them out for coverage though!

Cheers!

my dealer cost on a z06 windshield with HUD is $1200... your bud is getting hosed!! Anyhow, I figure we live in alberta and the crack across the bottom of mine just adds character!!!! :rofl:

try to shop around and stay away from dealerships... give me a pm if you don't get a better price... should be around the $1500 installed i would guess...

my dealer cost on a z06 windshield with HUD is $1200... your bud is getting hosed!! Anyhow, I figure we live in alberta and the crack across the bottom of mine just adds character!!!! :rofl:

try to shop around and stay away from dealerships... give me a pm if you don't get a better price... should be around the $1500 installed i would guess...

$1,500 is an awesome price....

This was a few years ago....he didn't pay that. He put glass coverage on and waited a few months then had it changed...lol. And my bad....it was $1800 not $2400 :rofl:

I pay under $1200/yr on my C6 with full coverage incl glass and $2M liability. I paid $1350 on my 06 Ram full coverage with $1M liability and no glass....lol.

The statistics of a vehicle have a lot to do with it as well! How many are involved in accidents,how many get stolen per year. I switched from a 2007 Civic to a 2006 Mustang GT a few years ago and my insurance dropped 25%. Apparently the Civics are a higher risk according to the insurance world! This always made me wonder based on the fact that you see a Civic on every corner=more on the road=more collision and theft???? Currently I pay 2300/yrly for my three vehicle with full coverage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread