The statistics of a vehicle have a lot to do with it as well! How many are involved in accidents,how many get stolen per year. I switched from a 2007 Civic to a 2006 Mustang GT a few years ago and my insurance dropped 25%. Apparently the Civics are a higher risk according to the insurance world! This always made me wonder based on the fact that you see a Civic on every corner=more on the road=more collision and theft???? Currently I pay 2300/yrly for my three vehicle with full coverage.

Thats a sweet deal $2300...:canada:

I think your home address has a lot to do with the cost as well.

I agree but they also depend on stats for this as well,when I moved from Ajax to Brampton I payed a increase? Have you ever sat in traffic on the 401 @ Brock rd @ 5pm on any weekday? Or exited southbound on Brock? More traffic in that area than Brampton IMHO.

I agree but they also depend on stats for this as well,when I moved from Ajax to Brampton I payed a increase? Have you ever sat in traffic on the 401 @ Brock rd @ 5pm on any weekday? Or exited southbound on Brock? More traffic in that area than Brampton IMHO.

When we moved from Brampton to Georgetown our whole insurance package rate dropped.
Less traffic, Less Crime, Less taxi's.
Go west young man.:canada:

Check out TD insurance.
Car Insurance Quotes - TD Insurance - TD Canada Trust

They are awesome and will go over all the "little things" with you. Plus you get multi vehicle discounts and i think even more if you insure your home with them. One suggestion.....make sure you get yourself glass coverage. Buddy of mine got a quote to replace his windshield on his C5 and it was about $2400 lol. Definately check them out for coverage though!

Cheers!

their auto insurance rates are decent but their homeowners has gone insane. they just dinged me for a 24% increase with no explanation other than "that's the way it is" :swear:

My father said never never trust anyone in the insurance business ,the fact was my mother sold insurance :D

As one member (or more) shop around even if you think your getting a good deal .I use State Farm and I got quotes from three different agents and the premium varied on the exact same policy by $600. (all were SF agents)

I think that the general consensus is correct. Rates are based on RISK and risk is based on statistics. So the rate will vary based on the type of vehicle, colour (red cars have a higher premium or so I have been lead to believe), your age and geographical location just to name a few. And I am sure that each insurance company has their own set of statistics/risk schedules and thus they all vary to some degree with respect to their premiums. Just my 2 cents.

CAA rates in Niagara region were good for auto, but no go for home.

I did this comparison last year vs. my current insurance. CAA finished costing
$300 more for 2 cars and house vs. current insurance. As stated above, CAA
poor re house quote.

As others have suggested.....shop around.

Tony,
welland

I just finished shopping for insurance Allstate seemed the lowest for me the way my insurance broker explained to me is they really don't care if the car is worth 5000 or 25000 they look at who's driving when where etc. they care mostly about the risk of accidents and lawsuits somebody getting hurt medical bills etc

Out here in B.C. we have gov't insurance for vehicles. My 02 vette is just over $700 for 6 months with $5 mill liability. Windshield for any car is $300 deductible, and that'd be all you pay. Six months storage for the vette is $165.00. If the vette would catch on fire while stored that insurance would pay for any damage etc. to the house.But the insurance on my 2005 Civic is just a hundred less a year than the vette. No sense there in that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread