If this is how the dealership treats you now, chances are things won't improve. Get your deposit and move on to a reputable dealer. I understand you don't want to wait longer then you need to for the car but do you really want to continue doing business with this dealership? If you can't find a dealer in N.B. that is getting a decent amount of cars in their allocation, look outside the province.

You can ship a car from anywhere. My last new Z was bought and shipped across the country for me. No issues whatsoever. I don't understand your position on this. Do you want a car or not?
Yes i want that car so much I sold my Porsche 2 year ago for that car, the dealer don’t know nothing when I ask question and lies to me, a lot of person around here don’t like that dealership, the salesman prefer watching YouTube when they work that informing about their car when a client ask a question

Reactions: ddgermann
If this is how the dealership treats you now, chances are things won't improve. Get your deposit and move on to a reputable dealer. I understand you don't want to wait longer then you need to for the car but do you really want to continue doing business with this dealership? If you can't find a dealer in N.B. that is getting a decent amount of cars in their allocation, look outside the province.

that what im trying to do but now the other dealer tell me they have a waiting list for 2022, or maybe it will change with the number of allocation they will receive

that what im trying to do but now the other dealer tell me they have a waiting list for 2022, or maybe it will change with the number of allocation they will receive

Do what I did and find a reputable dealer elsewhere and increase your search radius. My dealer was a province away in Quebec City and I live in Niagara. If I were to buy a C8 again, I would have no problem looking the next province over or more for that vehicle and taking a flight down, as we did. Nothing better than having a 9 hour drive or longer in your brand new car.

Reactions: kevindesj
Remember reviews are a powerful tool. I don't think many check BBB which is essentially a paywall but people do check Google and FB not to mention online reputation is a tangible commodity these days.

Write a constructive review, leave out the emotions and perhaps you can save the next guy a headache.

It looks like "kevindesj" is from Quebec but currently "trapped" in New Brunswick due to COVID. Perhaps the best thing would be to find out which car dealers in Quebec typically order in a lot of Corvettes...or even a dealer in Ontario if it will improve the chances of "kevindesj" getting a C8 sooner and he doesn't mind the drive. I know that's how I was able to get my C8 allocation: I found a dealer in Calgary (3 hour drive from me) who bought LOTS of corvettes so it also received a large allocation of C8's. An increased dealership allocation improves your chance of getting a C8.

Perhaps we can find one from Montreal and another from Quebec City ("Allflash" mentions using a dealer in Quebec City): does anyone have any Quebec dealer recommendations for "kevindesj"?

We know there are 3 good Ontario Chev dealers who are sponsors on this Forum: Wilson-Niblett in Richmond Hill (Jeff Moore), Finch Chev in London (Morgan) and Bill Spencer Chev in Cobourg (Eric Jean) so "kevindesj" can contact any of them to see about getting a C8 and how long it might take.

Whatever happens, "kevindesj" definitely needs to find another dealership...not only to order a C8 but also to have warranty work done on any vehicle.

Yes i want that car so much I sold my Porsche 2 year ago for that car, the dealer don’t know nothing when I ask question and lies to me, a lot of person around here don’t like that dealership, the salesman prefer watching YouTube when they work that informing about their car when a client ask a question

Yes I truly believe you want a C8. I was contacted by a dealership in Quebec that had the exact new ZR1 I wanted down to the color a while back who insisted they would not mark up the price. The car would be mine today but unfortunately, it had the A8 instead of the M7 so I passed.

These guys seemed good with lots of allocations.
1593127393960.png

It’s a shame what happened. But I am going to say something that may twist some knickers. Let it go.....Its a car....Life is too short to spend the next six months “lawyering up” over a crappy deal with a car salesman. Get your deposit back, go have a beer, find a better dealer. Glass half full, you likely have a job, likely did not get the Covid, likely haven't got caught up in looting and riots, and likely know where you will eat and sleep tonight.

Voice of experience here, as hanging onto these issues is a soul sucking waste of the short time we have been given.

It looks like "kevindesj" is from Quebec but currently "trapped" in New Brunswick due to COVID. Perhaps the best thing would be to find out which car dealers in Quebec typically order in a lot of Corvettes...or even a dealer in Ontario if it will improve the chances of "kevindesj" getting a C8 sooner and he doesn't mind the drive. I know that's how I was able to get my C8 allocation: I found a dealer in Calgary (3 hour drive from me) who bought LOTS of corvettes so it also received a large allocation of C8's. An increased dealership allocation improves your chance of getting a C8.

Perhaps we can find one from Montreal and another from Quebec City ("Allflash" mentions using a dealer in Quebec City): does anyone have any Quebec dealer recommendations for "kevindesj"?

We know there are 3 good Ontario Chev dealers who are sponsors on this Forum: Wilson-Niblett in Richmond Hill (Jeff Moore), Finch Chev in London (Morgan) and Bill Spencer Chev in Cobourg (Eric Jean) so "kevindesj" can contact any of them to see about getting a C8 and how long it might take.

Whatever happens, "kevindesj" definitely needs to find another dealership...not only to order a C8 but also to have warranty work done on any vehicle.
hi, im from New-Brunswick im trying to found one for 2021 but every dealer list is full, and they dont know how many c8 they will have right now im still second on the list here if they dont sell my place to another one person but its a little place here so i will know how many C8 they will have, i hope they will have more than one, because they only received one for 2020

Hi, i hope GM will see this, i made a deposit last year to have a 2020 corvette c8, i was first on the list i ask them if they want a deposit they tell me i have to wait to see if they will have an allocation, in september they received one allocation they call me to have a deposit, i tell them no problem i bring them $5k after work but someone put the deposit before me with a credit card ! so im second on the list right now, in september they received there allocation for one corvette but they have restriction on the colour only black, white or grey, the first guys was rapid blue, mine was torch red they did not ask us if we want to change the color they decided to order a black one for there showroom and a guys from Montreal call ask for a corvette they tell the we will receive a black one so the guys put the deposit for it buy the car in mai take it home put it on sale on autotrader at $125000 sell it after 3 days, what a profit ! the dealer never ask me if i want to change my colour, when i talk with them i tell them maybe i will take the white they tell me they can not do nothing because the car is already order ! that a lies, we can make change until status 3000, right now im really pissed off with the dealer and the GM process in Canada, maybe i should go back with a Porsche !

Which dealership Kevin? It wouldn’t be any in NB ....

Last edited:
hi, i still have my deposit at the dealer but i give a deposit at the same dealership as you, i will be in Moncton july 12 so i will go see the Danny at Lounsbury e look like a good guy

Just curious Kevin but if I remember correctly, you told us a couple months ago that you had deposits down at five different dealerships and was ranked No, 1, 2, 8, 9 and 18 respectively. Were none of these dealers able to come through for you?

Just curious Kevin but if I remember correctly, you told us a couple months ago that you had deposits down at five different dealerships and was ranked No, 1, 2, 8, 9 and 18 respectively. Were none of these dealers able to come through for you?
[/QUOTE

the dealer i speak about is in the town i live i was supposed to be first i drop to second because i give my deposit cash after work i should give my credit card, second deposit in NB i was 18 but now im 15 because 3 person cancel look like a very trusty dealer, third deposit i was first on the list its a dealer in N.B. but now im third ! because some guys pass over me, because that guy buy 2 corvette every year, so its a good client there so e pass over me, i ask a lot of question and explaining myself to the lady why im third ? she offer me my deposit if i not accept, do you remember when someone post a red C8 corvette brand new in the showroom waiting for the guys have is licensed ! so i was pissed off but i decide to keep my deposit over there just to make sure i have another chance for 2021, fourth deposit is in Quebec 2 hour drive im 9 over there, fifth deposit is in Montreal im 8, i give my name to another dealer in NB but they dont take any deposit dont tell nothing, they only tell me we are waiting for how many c8 we will have and they will call me when its will be my time, very bad service over there, so probably i will have one in 2021with 5 deposit but i dont know, time will tell, all my deposit if 100 % refund i only want one car i dont want to buy any car for resealing it, i just want to drive and have a smile on my face and enjoy life after that covid.

Nope not crazy at all. Keep going your dream will come true :thumbs: .
i put one deposit in 2019, and all the other deposit was in march because the first dealer only received one allocation for 2020 so maybe they will only received one in 2021 so that why i put more deposit this year to have more chance on my side

Reactions: ddgermann
What we have here is a complete failure to communicate.

From the OP's broken English, guessing that did not help.
You should have put everything in writing, at the minimum via email, to have any recourse.
And kept a chronological list of discussions and events. Highly doubt you did.

In the end, it was likely both parties fault, and I strike the gavel. Done.

Sorry to hear about your loss, and long wait.

You should have put everything in writing, at the minimum via email, to have any recourse.

Well there you have it. The Carbuff has spoken.....I can finally sleep.

We have latitude in Canada for someone who's first language is French. Much like the latitude we give someone who's first language is granola. Nuff said.

I agree Rruuff Day, because we all speak different languages.

The takeaway for everyone is to put everything in writing, irrespective of what you speak, even Klingon.
So problems like this do not happen.
That is what I was trying to convey.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.