Dec 19, 2019
New-Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
hope to have a c8
Province
NB
Hi, i hope GM will see this, i made a deposit last year to have a 2020 corvette c8, i was first on the list i ask them if they want a deposit they tell me i have to wait to see if they will have an allocation, in september they received one allocation they call me to have a deposit, i tell them no problem i bring them $5k after work but someone put the deposit before me with a credit card ! so im second on the list right now, in september they received there allocation for one corvette but they have restriction on the colour only black, white or grey, the first guys was rapid blue, mine was torch red they did not ask us if we want to change the color they decided to order a black one for there showroom and a guys from Montreal call ask for a corvette they tell the we will receive a black one so the guys put the deposit for it buy the car in mai take it home put it on sale on autotrader at $125000 sell it after 3 days, what a profit ! the dealer never ask me if i want to change my colour, when i talk with them i tell them maybe i will take the white they tell me they can not do nothing because the car is already order ! that a lies, we can make change until status 3000, right now im really pissed off with the dealer and the GM process in Canada, maybe i should go back with a Porsche !

That's terrible. As above definitely follow up with GM if indeed your dealer placed a customer order fraudulently.

i call GM concierge and the nice lady call the dealer to check, and call me back after 48 hrs to tell me that she can do nothing about that situation ! i call back the same week the other person tell me there nothing i can do i have to deal with the dealer !

I live life by "there's a reason for everything ..."
As much as it can really suck ...
I might perhaps think now that the 2021 would be better
(relating only to if I was in your shoes and not trying to advocate a change in your opinion)

also get my deposit back ... search for another Dealership.

Hi, i hope GM will see this, i made a deposit last year to have a 2020 corvette c8, i was first on the list i ask them if they want a deposit they tell me i have to wait to see if they will have an allocation, in september they received one allocation they call me to have a deposit, i tell them no problem i bring them $5k after work but someone put the deposit before me with a credit card ! so im second on the list right now, in september they received there allocation for one corvette but they have restriction on the colour only black, white or grey, the first guys was rapid blue, mine was torch red they did not ask us if we want to change the color they decided to order a black one for there showroom and a guys from Montreal call ask for a corvette they tell the we will receive a black one so the guys put the deposit for it buy the car in mai take it home put it on sale on autotrader at $125000 sell it after 3 days, what a profit ! the dealer never ask me if i want to change my colour, when i talk with them i tell them maybe i will take the white they tell me they can not do nothing because the car is already order ! that a lies, we can make change until status 3000, right now im really pissed off with the dealer and the GM process in Canada, maybe i should go back with a Porsche !

GM has little control over how the dealers conduct their business. I learned this from a quite similar experience with my EX dealership a couple of years ago. Your best move is to learn your lesson and take your business to an actual good dealership. There will be a few where you are and the guys here can give you some direction based on their experiences.
I got some good advice from a fellow member and was warmly greeted by his dealership of choice who have since lived up to their reputation. Now they get my business.

Not much you can do but move on and offer a warning when someone else here is discussing using them. Good luck man.

Sorry for your issues, sad that some dealers have less than scrupulous business practices.

We have some fine dealers who support us and our passion for Corvettes on this forum. Suggest as a starter you contact them and see what if anything they can do to fuel your passion for your C8.

Good luck. :thumbs:

GM has little control over how the dealers conduct their business. I learned this from a quite similar experience with my EX dealership a couple of years ago. Your best move is to learn your lesson and take your business to an actual good dealership. There will be a few where you are and the guys here can give you some direction based on their experiences.
I got some good advice from a fellow member and was warmly greeted by his dealership of choice who have since lived up to their reputation. Now they get my business.

Not much you can do but move on and offer a warning when someone else here is discussing using them. Good luck man.

thanks for the reply, its hard to go with another dealer right now with the covid, we have to stay in New-Brunswick for some time, maybe a couple of month, i put another deposit with a bigger dealership maybe it will help but im 15 on the list

Sorry to hear. But unfortunately going to another dealer is your only choice.

Call Eric at Bill Spencer Chevrolet as I don't believe their wait list is too long. Being in New Brunswick you likely have really small volume dealers to work with and it may be best trying someone like Bill Spencer.

Somethings wrong. Dealers are not allocated cars by colour whatsoever. When an allocation comes up, if it is for you, you get to select everything. The only way that would be different is if the dealer purchased it themselves (so they configure it) and then sold it to you. get as far away from the dealer as you can. let us know who it is in fact. There are others... Seek out a dealer known for their rep.

As for how a dealer conducts business, GM has little say over that. They can up the price on you and, until it is in your hands, they can direct it elsewhere unless the original allocation is in your name. Even then they can apply a premium market price on it as was done in BC a few years back. Guys orders and put a down payment on his car, only to have the dealer up the cost by 10k on arrival. I never would have thought that could be done.

Somethings wrong. Dealers are not allocated cars by colour whatsoever. When an allocation comes up, if it is for you, you get to select everything. The only way that would be different is if the dealer purchased it themselves (so they configure it) and then sold it to you. get as far away from the dealer as you can. let us know who it is in fact. There are others... Seek out a dealer known for their rep.

As for how a dealer conducts business, GM has little say over that. They can up the price on you and, until it is in your hands, they can direct it elsewhere unless the original allocation is in your name. Even then they can apply a premium market price on it as was done in BC a few years back. Guys orders and put a down payment on his car, only to have the dealer up the cost by 10k on arrival. I never would have thought that could be done.

they received one alocation in december and its was a restriction on the colour, so they decide to buy a black 2 lt for there showroom, the Montreal guy call for a torch red but it was not avalaible so e take the black

picture of the C8 in the garage

Attachments

• 8F1E31E0-BAF7-4AA7-AE16-A09E0D7630A3.jpeg
    8F1E31E0-BAF7-4AA7-AE16-A09E0D7630A3.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 76
You can purchase you car from whichever dealer you want to. Take your business elsewhere. There are a few dealer guys on here (EJCHEV). Try contacting them to see if they can help you get your C8 ASAP.
Then go and show it to your local guy.

A sad Story here of abuse by the sounds of it. The whole process of buying a new vette has not been very transparent for those of us that are new to this world. While the seasoned owners know the drill, this is my first car too and I have had to spend a great amount of effort to locate information online that was not as readily available from the dealers directly. Getting to understand the order status codes and GM "Workbench" takes time. I have always approached this as other things in business, trust but verify. Don't take a salesman's answer just at face value. You have to verify yourself. My dealer and the staff there have been excellent. At times, I have known more than they did given the back channels of information on the internet. Dealer selection seems to be critical in the buying process. As in all things in life there are people with integrity and those without. I would tend to give many some slack this year as the various issues that have hit the C8 Launch have really hurt all involved. A strike, then COVID, certainly was not part of GM's plan.
My key basics that I have learned from others here is to understand the dealers allocation to them by GM and then how many are on the wait list and where will you fall before giving them a deposit. I did get this information from my dealer up front and they were honest in advising me if I would or would not get a 2020 from the onset of our relationship. Good communication followed and I am one of the lucky ones that will have a car this summer. The most important lesson to me is that 1) an order is not an order until you have the workbench print out from the dealer and your name is on it and it is a sold order. I wish you luck Kevin and know that you are not alone. I think many dealers out there have over promised in order to grab pre-orders and the COVID shutdown put them in a jam. Its a little like Airlines that overbook flights and then have to get some to sit out.

You can purchase you car from whichever dealer you want to. Take your business elsewhere. There are a few dealer guys on here (EJCHEV). Try contacting them to see if they can help you get your C8 ASAP.
Then go and show it to your local guy.
if i can have a C8 someday its the first place i will go to show my car !

Would getting lawyer involved be any help? A business is only as good as their reputation. If that gets tarnished they wont last long. Put the word out. BBB, Yelp. Whoever will listen to you. I got a salesman fired because he lied to me. Not my first rodeo either when I had another salesman lie to me about a Porsche I bought years ago from a different dealership. If I'm not happy I make sure nobody else is happy either.

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann and ABC
thanks for the reply, its hard to go with another dealer right now with the covid, we have to stay in New-Brunswick for some time, maybe a couple of month, i put another deposit with a bigger dealership maybe it will help but im 15 on the list

You can ship a car from anywhere. My last new Z was bought and shipped across the country for me. No issues whatsoever. I don't understand your position on this. Do you want a car or not?

Would getting lawyer involved be any help? A business is only as good as their reputation. If that gets tarnished they wont last long. Put the word out. BBB, Yelp. Whoever will listen to you. I got a salesman fired because he lied to me. Not my first rodeo either when I had another salesman lie to me about a Porsche I bought years ago from a different dealership. If I'm not happy I make sure nobody else is happy either.

Appreciate you idea however, my experience from a dealership after buying 3 cars in one year only to be screwed over by that same dealership that was holding my $20,000 ZR1 deposit for almost a year is... they don't give a s**t about that tact. They laugh at that. Sorry but been there done that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.